Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London DCF - processing time

London DCF - processing time

Old Aug 8th 2002, 10:26 am
Steve

Default London DCF - processing time

Does anyone know what the process time for a London DCF is?

Old Aug 8th 2002, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

The petition takes about a month. The whole thing takes 10 - 12 weeks, if you don't mess up things on your end.
Old Aug 8th 2002, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I filed the I-130 (spousal) on the 28th March
Interview date: 10th July.
(I delayed sending in the OF-169 for 2 weeks to make
sure I had everything in my grubby little hand)
So yep, 10-12 appears to be the average.
It also seems that it depends what anticipated departure
date you put, they do seem to speed things up for people
with shorter (hopefully) leaving dates.

Good luck
Old Aug 8th 2002, 3:00 pm
L D Jones

Default Re: London DCF - processing time

Ameriscot wrote:
    > The petition takes about a month. The whole thing takes 10 - 12 weeks, if you
    > don't mess up things on your end.

Apply for the British spouse's police certificate and get his/her imminisation
records now. If you have these by the time you file the I-130 form itself (or very
soon after) you won't have to wait for them later. If you don't have any immunisation
records your spouse will have to get the required jabs at the medical exam on the day
of the interview.

--
LD DCF UK sept 2001

Old Aug 8th 2002, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rob S is an unknown quantity at this point

In addition to getting the Police certificate and Immunisation records you will need the Long Form birth certificate - the one with your parents details.
Many people born in the UK only have the short form (its free) but this will apparently not be good enough.
It is easy enough to get one - just contact the registry for the UK district you were born in, the fee is £6.50.
The Police certificate, for those who don't know, is obtained by way of a request under the Data Protection Act, to your local Police force - the fee is £10 but be aware they have 40 days in which to provide the information and some forces will take the full period.

Rob
Old Aug 8th 2002, 7:43 pm
Steve

Where can we obtain an acceptable copy of the Birth Certificate?

Steve

"Rob S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In addition to getting the Police certificate and Immunisation records you will
    > need the Long Form birth certificate - the one with your parents details. Many
    > people born in the UK only have the short form (its free) but this will apparently
    > not be good enough. It is easy enough to get one - just contact the registry for
    > the UK district you were born in, the fee is £6.50. The Police certificate, for
    > those who don't know, is obtained by way of a request under the Data Protection
    > Act, to your local Police force - the fee is £10 but be aware they have 40 days in
    > which to provide the information and some forces will take the full period.
    > Rob
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: London DCF - processing time

Originally posted by Steve
Where can we obtain an acceptable copy of the Birth Certificate?

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/nsbase/...ate_obtain.asp
Old Aug 8th 2002, 10:58 pm
Colin R. Nicholl

Go to [url="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=London+tim-
elin"]http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=London+timelin[/-
url] e+2002+group%3Aalt.visa.us.marriage-based and you'll see a good few examples of
processing times for London. 3 months in total is the average if you're on the ball.
They did mine in two and a half months because I told them about my imminent job
starting date. I just interviewed on July 28.

Colin

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know what the process time for a London DCF is?