Wikiposts

London DCF NOA1 & NOA2

Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

thedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nice
Default London DCF NOA1 & NOA2

Hi all,

I noticed today that USCIS are processing DCF I-130's filed on April 14th.
We filed ours on April 7th. Our credit card was debited on April 9th.
We never received a NOA1, which I believe is just a confirmation that they have received the application.

I would just like to know will they send a NOA2 (Approval) by post. I'm just concerned because we never got a NOA1. Maybe they sent that to a wrong email address and they would do the same with a NOA2?

I also wonder how long you should leave it until you try to contact them. The whole process may become irrelevant anyway as we can't sell our house!

Thank you for any advice
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London DCF NOA1 & NOA2

Originally Posted by thedudeabides
Hi all,

I noticed today that USCIS are processing DCF I-130's filed on April 14th.
We filed ours on April 7th. Our credit card was debited on April 9th.
We never received a NOA1, which I believe is just a confirmation that they have received the application.

I would just like to know will they send a NOA2 (Approval) by post. I'm just concerned because we never got a NOA1. Maybe they sent that to a wrong email address and they would do the same with a NOA2?

I also wonder how long you should leave it until you try to contact them. The whole process may become irrelevant anyway as we can't sell our house!

Thank you for any advice
I don't believe DCF-ers get the NOA1. I believe you will only get the NOA2 approval notice.

Do a little search around here for some recent DCF posts. They might have said how long their approval took. I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Rene
Old Jun 27th 2008, 4:36 am
Just Joined

abletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really nice

We got an email confirmation stating that the I-130 had been received and it gave us our filing date. Our filing date according to the embassy was three days after we posted the I-130. If your credit card has been debited, at least you can be confident that your I-130 is being processed.

Based on what I've read on this site, the NOA2 comes in regular mail. All communication we've had from the embassy since that original email has been by post so I would expect the NOA2 to also come by post. I'm not positive, though, as we're still waiting for ours (any day now!).

As for contacting the embassy, I've only ever called them once and I got the impression that the people staffing the phone line don't have access to individual case details so it may be hard to get any useful information out of them. I also wrote a letter once and never got a reply. They're not very communicative.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I got both NOA1 and NOA2 by snail mail.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:08 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abletsandtoast
We got an email confirmation stating that the I-130 had been received and it gave us our filing date. Our filing date according to the embassy was three days after we posted the I-130. If your credit card has been debited, at least you can be confident that your I-130 is being processed.

Based on what I've read on this site, the NOA2 comes in regular mail. All communication we've had from the embassy since that original email has been by post so I would expect the NOA2 to also come by post. I'm not positive, though, as we're still waiting for ours (any day now!).

As for contacting the embassy, I've only ever called them once and I got the impression that the people staffing the phone line don't have access to individual case details so it may be hard to get any useful information out of them. I also wrote a letter once and never got a reply. They're not very communicative.
Try emailing the embassy if you have any questions. They get back to you in about 4 business days. Don't worry if you get a reply that your email was deleted. When you call you are not reaching the embassy. You re talking to staff at a call center in Scotland. They are not much help but we have recievd accurate info by email.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:47 am
Just Joined

abletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really niceabletsandtoast is just really nice

What email did you use to contact them? Is it the general email address?
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:14 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abletsandtoast
What email did you use to contact them? Is it the general email address?
Hi . The email is [email protected]
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

goatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nice

I got a NOA1 via the post. Couple of days after they billed the credit card.

Submitted the I130 in mid may so nothing as yet.

Mick
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

carin123 is an unknown quantity at this point

My filing date was the 4th April, received NOA2, through post on 28th July, (Approval Letter) You should have heard something by now or maybe this week.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

thedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nicethedudeabides is just really nice

Thank you for all your really helpful replies.

We got the notice of approval (I-171) today.

There was no file number on the letter? Maybe that comes seperately with the packet 3 forms?

Thanks again.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

carin123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh, i noticed that there was no file No. as well, i'm sure you are right that that will be used for the next step.