Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Letters from bank and employer

Wikiposts

Letters from bank and employer

Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:42 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letters from bank and employer

I imagine a room full of evil henchmen who sit round thinking up 'What can we do to scupper them today... I know blue ink. That'll get the buggers'

And SG I pay tribute to you. I hope one day to be as anal as you are. And I mean that in the best possible way.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:45 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie

And SG I pay tribute to you. I hope one day to be as anal as you are. And I mean that in the best possible way.
Strangely, I know *exactly* what you mean, Sibs, and I just said the same thing to JEff on another thread! YAY for Analness!

~SG
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Strangely, I know *exactly* what you mean, Sibs, and I just said the same thing to JEff on another thread! YAY for Analness!

~SG
What is the poverty level guideline anyway? How much is that? If my fiance has more than the poverty level do I still need to provide more evidence to show proof i wont be a public charge?

Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:57 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
What is the poverty level guideline anyway? How much is that? If my fiance has more than the poverty level do I still need to provide more evidence to show proof i wont be a public charge?

Thanks
Hi,
Don't let us control freaks make you nervous. Ifyou have more than 125% of the poverty level in salary, you don't need the rest, but some of us like to be thorough to a fault. I don't have the exact link for the current poverty levels, but you can go to the uscis site and do a search for poverty guidelines.

www.uscis.gov

Hope this helps.....JEff, do you have the exact link?

~SG
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:59 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Have a look round this site.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

The poverty guidline levels are at the bottom. It's a good site to familarise yourself with anyway.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 12:47 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony,
This is what my employer wrote:

To whom it may concern:
Ms. XXXXXXX has been in continuous permanent employment with XXXXXX for the past 14 years. Her current salary is XXXXX without retirement contributions and XXXXX including retirement contributions. Her position is tenured, full time, and permanent. Please feel free to contact XXXXXXX if more information is required. etc etc

and this is basically what the bank wrote:

Ms. XXXXX has both checking and savings accounts with our institution, which were opened on XXXXXX. The present balance in Ms. XXXX's checking account ( number ) is XXXX , and the present balance in the savings account (number) is XXXXXX. Total amounts deposited for the last year are as follows:
list amount checking
list amount savings
Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

My bank is really great and friendly, but I also went in prepared, basically telling them what I needed written. I also went in with copies of the last year's statements and the totals all added up so they didn't have to do any work except to make sure I added correctly. Hope this helps.

~SG

Thanks for the input
Old Dec 13th 2003, 2:44 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

SG,

At the top center of the web page you referenced is a link called 'Search'.

I believe that learning to use such links is a very useful skill, and often produces and answer in less time than typing out a question to a news group.

Regards, JEff

Hi,
Don't let us control freaks make you nervous. Ifyou have more than 125% of the poverty level in salary, you don't need the rest, but some of us like to be thorough to a fault. I don't have the exact link for the current poverty levels, but you can go to the uscis site and do a search for poverty guidelines.

www.uscis.gov

Hope this helps.....JEff, do you have the exact link?

~SG

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Dec 13th 2003 at 2:52 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 2:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

ws,

What do you mean by "do I still need to provide more evidence to show proof i wont be a public charge?" More evidence than what?

The DS-2000 that will come in your Packet #3, and the instructions on the I-134 itself, will give guidelines for what evidence to provide. There is no '1 size fits all', fixed list of evidence. Your fiance should provide you with what he has that is appropriate to his financial circumstances.

Regards, JEff

Thanks
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:18 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
I have been dealing with my bank for thirty years and they want to help so it was all gratis. Or will be.

My letters were almost carbon copies of SecretGarden's (welcome to anal retentive brigade ). The Vice President of my branch is the one I contacted for my letter. He handled my mortgage and actually directed me to some HUD assistance that I had no idea I qualified for. I also deal with him on some of my employer's banking needs. There was a $15 reasearch fee for the letter that he waived. I would have gladly paid it, just for the peace of mind.

Leslie
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:20 am
The Missus

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
SG,

At the top center of the web page you referenced is a link called 'Search'.

I believe that learning to use such links is a very useful skill, and often produces and answer in less time than typing out a question to a news group.

Regards, JEff
Correct as usual.....I was just too lazy to look it up for him, so I asked you to do it.

~SG
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Correct as usual.....I was just too lazy to look it up for him, so I asked you to do it.

~SG

Poor JEff.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My USC husband switched banks last year so his history is new, should he try getting a letter from his previous bank also?
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:55 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Lost2003
Hi,
My USC husband switched banks last year so his history is new, should he try getting a letter from his previous bank also?

I switched my bank last year as well. They only ask for one year worth of information. My current account has been opened for 14 months so they had a full "year" of history. If your husband's account is less than a year old, then I would say yes, get a letter from the other bank. Otherwise, it is not necessary.

Leslie
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Leslie, I was really worried!