Wikiposts

Letter with packet 3 for K3 sent by Islamabad

Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Sandra Gulshan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Letter with packet 3 for K3 sent by Islamabad

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi,

I'm no expert but my husband is going Monday and this is his plan of action. He will be there when the consulate opens. The guards outside tend to be Moroccan so he is going to ask them whether he should hang around or just show up at his interview time. Our experience has been that these guys (guards) tend to be helpful, plus they are the ones that actually let you in to the first screening/security room. I know every consulate is different, I just thought I'd share that.

Leslie
Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the response.....appreciate it!

Hugs, Sandralinn
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Ayisha
Hi Sandra!

The time is given with the forms. My husband's time was 8:30 a.m., and there were other K-3 applicants who were also given that time. Thus said, he wasn't interviewed until after 2pm. They had come out around 11am, and asked for all of the paperwork and photos that he had brought with him. Then they basically ignored him for a few hours.

Have your husband call the embassy and ask if he can come and pick up a packet, because there IS a letter he needs to bring, not to mention all the paperwork he needs to fill out before the interview, not to mention the specs for pictures he needs to take.

As for the things I sent-I FedExed (VERY expensive, but reliable), I sent yellow folders with big black marker headings on them. One had "Affadavit of Support" written on it, and I had all my tax forms, bank letters and supporting documents in it. Another was titled "Proof of Continuing Relationship" and that included all of our carefully edited (with a black marker) emails and phone bills. Another had "Proof of U.S. Citizenship" on it, and I put copies of my birth certificate and passport in it. Each folder had its own color-coded cover letter with a bulleted list of what was inside. I also made a note that our emails were edited for modesty's sake.

I think what I sent, plus all of our wedding pictures and wedding cards, really bowled them over, because when Sohail had his interview, all they asked was what I did, where I lived, and our wedding date. Then they gave him the visa. It was a very short interview! His pictures were not correct (they wanted a full face picture, and he took ADIT photos), but they let him leave, get teh pictures taken,and return with them the same day. He ended up picking up his visa that evening at 5pm.

Hope this all helps! Good luck!

Ayisha
Hi Ayisha,

Thanks again, sweetie...for the quick response....This whole thing has me totally pagal....Do you know if the Approval Notice for the I-129F K3 is necessary, or can we just show the letter we got from NVC that states that they received the approved petition for K3. The reason why I ask is, we never received the notice of approval yet...MSC claims that they sent us one on the 24th of November, but we still have not gotten it yet. Is it a REQUIRED document...do you remember them asking for it at the interview? I know I just need to relax, that God will take care of all this mess, I just have to have more faith. Thank you for all of your help, hon....God bless you and yours!

Hugs, Sandralinn
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:37 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra Gulshan
Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the response.....appreciate it!

Hugs, Sandralinn

You're welcome. It turned out to be in his best interest to be there early. A lot of people were given the same time. He was out of there by noon.

Leslie
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:42 am
Just Joined

You're welcome. It turned out to be in his best interest to be there early. A lot of people were given the same time. He was out of there by noon.

Leslie
Hi again, LOL....

Do you remember if they asked for a copy of the I-129 F approval notice.....We never received ours from MSC. We called a few days ago and they JUST NOW sent one to us on the 24th of November, but we still have not received it....Talk about NUTS!!! Do you recall them requesting it? We do have a copy of the letter sent by NVC that states that they received the approved petition from MSC and it gives our Receipt number on it and everything...do you think this will be sufficient if we do not get the approval notice in time.....I am a WRECK from all this mess!!!

Hugs, Sandarlinn
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra Gulshan
Hi again, LOL....

Do you remember if they asked for a copy of the I-129 F approval notice.....We never received ours from MSC. We called a few days ago and they JUST NOW sent one to us on the 24th of November, but we still have not received it....Talk about NUTS!!! Do you recall them requesting it? We do have a copy of the letter sent by NVC that states that they received the approved petition from MSC and it gives our Receipt number on it and everything...do you think this will be sufficient if we do not get the approval notice in time.....I am a WRECK from all this mess!!!

Hugs, Sandarlinn

I didn't ask him about that. (I did include it with the paperwork though.) I will talk to hime tomorrow night and post more Wednesday. I'll be happy to ask him for you.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:53 am
Just Joined

I didn't ask him about that. (I did include it with the paperwork though.) I will talk to hime tomorrow night and post more Wednesday. I'll be happy to ask him for you.
K....thanks a bunch, hon. God bless!

Sandralinn..