Letter with packet 3 for K3 sent by Islamabad

Wikiposts

Letter with packet 3 for K3 sent by Islamabad

Old Oct 24th 2003, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

saadq17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Letter with packet 3 for K3 sent by Islamabad

Hi All,

I hope this is useful. My friend gave me a photocopy of the letter that the islamabad embassy sends out with packet 3 for K3 spouse visa. Here it is:

You are requested to bring the following documents with you (as applicable).

1. Two Forms DS-156 (All questions on the form must be answered)

2. Birth Certificate (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

3. Marriage Certificate (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

4. Death Certificate if previous spouse is deceased (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

5. Divorce Certificate if appicant or petitioner previously married and divorced (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

6. Evidence of your relationship to the petitioner, such as wedding and family photographs, original school records, the petitioner's old passports, letters, phone bills, etc.

7. Credible evidence of financial support in the United States, such as:
Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) from the petitioner or other relative/friend;
Copies of the sponsor's fedral tax returns (Form 1040) for the previous year;
A job letter or copy of business license if sponsor is self-employed; and
Evidence of the sponsor's assets.

8. Passport (Valid for 12 months beyond the anticipated visa interview date. A separate passport for each applicant is required)

9. Medical report from a panel physician (Vaccinations are not required).

10. Police Clearance Certificate from the nearest police station.

11. Photographs (Two front face view photographs according to the specifications attached).

12. $100 application fee (or equivalent Pakistani rupees) for each applicant. Please bring exact change.

All the best to everyone!
saadq17
Old Oct 24th 2003, 9:19 am

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Letter with packet 3 for K3 sent by Islamabad

Saad. Thanks so much for relaying this info. I found it very useful.

I personally called the Embassy in Islamabad and this girl told me that the DS-230 Part 1 is also required. Maybe that is something new?

How old is the letter that your friend gave you?

Originally posted by saadq17
Hi All,

I hope this is useful. My friend gave me a photocopy of the letter that the islamabad embassy sends out with packet 3 for K3 spouse visa. Here it is:

You are requested to bring the following documents with you (as applicable).

1. Two Forms DS-156 (All questions on the form must be answered)

2. Birth Certificate (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

3. Marriage Certificate (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

4. Death Certificate if previous spouse is deceased (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

5. Divorce Certificate if appicant or petitioner previously married and divorced (Original, English translation and one copy of each)

6. Evidence of your relationship to the petitioner, such as wedding and family photographs, original school records, the petitioner's old passports, letters, phone bills, etc.

Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) from the petitioner or other relative/friend;
Copies of the sponsor's fedral tax returns (Form 1040) for the previous year;
A job letter or copy of business license if sponsor is self-employed; and
Evidence of the sponsor's assets.

8. Passport (Valid for 12 months beyond the anticipated visa interview date. A separate passport for each applicant is required)

9. Medical report from a panel physician (Vaccinations are not required).

10. Police Clearance Certificate from the nearest police station.

11. Photographs (Two front face view photographs according to the specifications attached).

12. $100 application fee (or equivalent Pakistani rupees) for each applicant. Please bring exact change.

All the best to everyone!
saadq17
Old Oct 24th 2003, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Superdesi -

My friend's wife had her interview sometime in the 2nd week of august this year, so I'm guessing that the letter must've been issued sometime in July.

I dont know about the DS-230. It seems new forms keep on poping up!

--saadq17

Originally posted by superdesi

I personally called the Embassy in Islamabad and this girl told me that the DS-230 Part 1 is also required. Maybe that is something new?

Old Oct 24th 2003, 3:19 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

So basicly, for the K-3'ers, should we include whatever kind of "evidence" we would have looked at submitting if we were K-1'ers?

Copies of the sponsor's fedral tax returns (Form 1040) for the previous year

Only 1 yr? I thought I'd read around here that it was 3. (So I was going to do 5, just so they can't say they need more. )
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:53 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

I've been thinking about this one...

If we're the K-3 Spousal Visa, do we still need to bury them in wedding photos, phone bills, cards of wedding congrats, printed out emails, etc? And if so, what all should we make sure he has to show them? And do we need copies of pics for them to keep (other than his headshots, or course)?
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Simon&Vik

If we're the K-3 Spousal Visa, do we still need to bury them in wedding photos, phone bills, cards of wedding congrats, printed out emails, etc? And if so, what all should we make sure he has to show them? And do we need copies of pics for them to keep (other than his headshots, or course)?
Hi,

It seems no one has answered your question. All that I know is that the supporting evidence is required, but I don't know if we need to make copies for the embassy to keep (why would they want to keep 'em anyways?)

--saadq17
Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Sandra Gulshan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by superdesi

Hi Superdesi,

I was just curious, my husband was supposed to receive packet 3 three from Islamabad weeks ago, and never received it...Can you tell me if the DS 230 part 1 is to be sent back immediately to the consulate, or do we just hang on to it until the interview...I am ready to totally SCREAM I am so frustrated by this whole process....it is a nightmare!!! Thanks for your help, and God bless!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sandra Gulshan
Hi Superdesi,

I was just curious, my husband was supposed to receive packet 3 three from Islamabad weeks ago, and never received it...Can you tell me if the DS 230 part 1 is to be sent back immediately to the consulate, or do we just hang on to it until the interview...I am ready to totally SCREAM I am so frustrated by this whole process....it is a nightmare!!! Thanks for your help, and God bless!
You need to bring all of the forms with you to the interview. I would call the embassy, because the interview date comes with the forms. You don't want to miss the date! As for burying them with information-I did, and I think that it's better to be safe than sorry. Bury them.

Ayisha
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Copies of the sponsor's fedral tax returns (Form 1040) for the previous year[/b]

Only 1 yr? I thought I'd read around here that it was 3. (So I was going to do 5, just so they can't say they need more. )
Different consulates ask for different things. Casablanca asks for 3 years.

Leslie
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:53 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

There is no exact answer for this. But my opinion is that it depends on your consulate and your conoff. For example, Morocco only asks for "proof of relationship". It does give examples.... letters, photos, e-mails, and phone bills. Last summer a K3 had to go back for a second appointment with more "proof of relationship". They had brought a little bit of each of these things but didn't go crazy. When they came back the second time they brought a filing cabinet full. I have also heard people on this forum say that the conoff didn't give their letters or photos a second glance. Who knows? My personal opinion is that it is better to err on the side of caution. Take everything you can think of (especially if it is a difficult consulate), if they don't want it, fine. There are cases where the validity of the relationship has been very closely scrutinized. Since WE don't know what they are basing their scrutiny on, it is a roll of the dice.

Leslie
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:54 am
WTF?

Hi,

It seems no one has answered your question. All that I know is that the supporting evidence is required, but I don't know if we need to make copies for the embassy to keep (why would they want to keep 'em anyways?)

--saadq17
Who knows why they would keep them? Who knows why they do a lot of the things they do? Make a copy and be safe.

Leslie
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Sandra Gulshan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ayisha
You need to bring all of the forms with you to the interview. I would call the embassy, because the interview date comes with the forms. You don't want to miss the date! As for burying them with information-I did, and I think that it's better to be safe than sorry. Bury them.

Ayisha
Ayisha,

Thanks for the reply, hon....greatly appreciated. I was afraid that maybe we needed to send some of the forms before going to Islamabad for my husband's interview at the consulate, primarily the DS 230 part 1 was my concern. We called the State Department in Washington, DC today and they pulled up our case on their computer. The lady there said that our interview date has been set for January 9, 2003...my next question is, is there a specific time set for each interview that is mentioned on the letter they send with packet #3, or do you just have to be there when the Consulate opens.....and, does my husband need to show any specific letter or document at the gate of the Embassy in order to get in for the interview? Thanks again for all your help....God bless!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:38 pm
WTF?

...my next question is, is there a specific time set for each interview that is mentioned on the letter they send with packet #3, or do you just have to be there when the Consulate opens.....and, does my husband need to show any specific letter or document at the gate of the Embassy in order to get in for the interview? Thanks again for all your help....God bless!

Hi,

I'm no expert but my husband is going Monday and this is his plan of action. He will be there when the consulate opens. The guards outside tend to be Moroccan so he is going to ask them whether he should hang around or just show up at his interview time. Our experience has been that these guys (guards) tend to be helpful, plus they are the ones that actually let you in to the first screening/security room. I know every consulate is different, I just thought I'd share that.

Leslie
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:59 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi,

I'm no expert but my husband is going Monday and this is his plan of action. He will be there when the consulate opens. The guards outside tend to be Moroccan so he is going to ask them whether he should hang around or just show up at his interview time. Our experience has been that these guys (guards) tend to be helpful, plus they are the ones that actually let you in to the first screening/security room. I know every consulate is different, I just thought I'd share that.

Leslie
I will be praying for your hubby Sweetie!!!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandra!

The time is given with the forms. My husband's time was 8:30 a.m., and there were other K-3 applicants who were also given that time. Thus said, he wasn't interviewed until after 2pm. They had come out around 11am, and asked for all of the paperwork and photos that he had brought with him. Then they basically ignored him for a few hours.

Have your husband call the embassy and ask if he can come and pick up a packet, because there IS a letter he needs to bring, not to mention all the paperwork he needs to fill out before the interview, not to mention the specs for pictures he needs to take.

As for the things I sent-I FedExed (VERY expensive, but reliable), I sent yellow folders with big black marker headings on them. One had "Affadavit of Support" written on it, and I had all my tax forms, bank letters and supporting documents in it. Another was titled "Proof of Continuing Relationship" and that included all of our carefully edited (with a black marker) emails and phone bills. Another had "Proof of U.S. Citizenship" on it, and I put copies of my birth certificate and passport in it. Each folder had its own color-coded cover letter with a bulleted list of what was inside. I also made a note that our emails were edited for modesty's sake.

I think what I sent, plus all of our wedding pictures and wedding cards, really bowled them over, because when Sohail had his interview, all they asked was what I did, where I lived, and our wedding date. Then they gave him the visa. It was a very short interview! His pictures were not correct (they wanted a full face picture, and he took ADIT photos), but they let him leave, get teh pictures taken,and return with them the same day. He ended up picking up his visa that evening at 5pm.

Hope this all helps! Good luck!

Ayisha

Ayisha,

Thanks for the reply, hon....greatly appreciated. I was afraid that maybe we needed to send some of the forms before going to Islamabad for my husband's interview at the consulate, primarily the DS 230 part 1 was my concern. We called the State Department in Washington, DC today and they pulled up our case on their computer. The lady there said that our interview date has been set for January 9, 2003...my next question is, is there a specific time set for each interview that is mentioned on the letter they send with packet #3, or do you just have to be there when the Consulate opens.....and, does my husband need to show any specific letter or document at the gate of the Embassy in order to get in for the interview? Thanks again for all your help....God bless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.