Letter of Intent, Notarized?

Wikiposts

Letter of Intent, Notarized?

Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Dharmaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Letter of Intent, Notarized?

Hi,
Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to read and reply.

Im getting towards medical/interview time for the K-1 and ive gone through an immigration lawyer so I know everything is in order. There is one question left (at the moment). He has asked me to signed a "Letter of Intent" to marry which he says need not be notarized. I like to double check everything he says on here to be sure. so does a "letter of intent" need to be notarized?

Thanks and good luck to everyone on their visa journeys,
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:24 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice
Default Re: Letter of Intent, Notarized?

I had my interview yesterday in London and they asked me for a " Notorized" Letter Of Intent. I had one so it wasn't a problem. So yes you had better get one.
All the best.
Waza
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Waza
I had my interview yesterday in London and they asked me for a " Notorized" Letter Of Intent. I had one so it wasn't a problem. So yes you had better get one.
All the best.
Waza
Ah ha! So was your/your fiancees signature on it? Only cause me and my partner are in separate countries so we would have to do separate letters of intent.

How did it go? Get any questions you werent expecting?

I may come to you for medical exam questions in a few weeks if you dont mind.

Cheers.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dharmaben
I like to double check everything he says on here to be sure. so does a "letter of intent" need to be notarized?
The letter of intent does not need to be notarized IF the following statement appears at the end:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date]. [Signature]"

Ian
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The letter of intent does not need to be notarized IF the following statement appears at the end:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date]. [Signature]"

Ian
Okay, the lawyer did mention that so I guess hes correct, thanks so much for your input
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ha! So was your/your fiancees signature on it? Only cause me and my partner are in separate countries so we would have to do separate letters of intent.
You can do it either way. You can either write one letter of intent, which both of you sign....or you can write separate letters of intent. The important thing is that the signatures need to be originals (not scans or photocopies).

Rene
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It does if the consular officer handling your case says it does. Whether or not the 'magic language' is present.

You can argue with them, of course, but doing so will not put them in the frame of mind that you'd like them to have.

Regards, JEff

Hi,
Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to read and reply.

Im getting towards medical/interview time for the K-1 and ive gone through an immigration lawyer so I know everything is in order. There is one question left (at the moment). He has asked me to signed a "Letter of Intent" to marry which he says need not be notarized. I like to double check everything he says on here to be sure. so does a "letter of intent" need to be notarized?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian

Or in the beginning states, I hereby affirm that I, William S. Bigfoot, do intend to marry Jeannie Littlebrow within 90 days of entering the US on a K-1 Visa.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the thing about having documents notarized in the UK-- it has to be done by a US Notary Public. (a UK one will not suffice)
The only ones readily available are in the US Embassy.

You can use the magic language (haven't seen anyone come back saying that is a problem) and if that is not sufficient, ask the CO to witness for you (or whomever is the NP in the office that day).