Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Letter from Embassy asking for passport via SMS

Letter from Embassy asking for passport via SMS

Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:37 am
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all
Default Letter from Embassy asking for passport via SMS

Its been nearly a month since my K1 interview (Feb 15th). My case went into AP for a common name check. They said they would call to advise me further, but if all was fine I would need to send my passport so they can send me my visa.

Got a letter from the embassy today asking me to send my passport ASAP. Does this mean that all is well and I will be issued my K1? The letter simply asks for my passport and says nothing else. I'm assuming this is good news but the embassy doesn't like to tell you much :P

Is this good news?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter from Embassy asking for passport via SMS

Originally Posted by tom_1984
Its been nearly a month since my K1 interview (Feb 15th). My case went into AP for a common name check. They said they would call to advise me further, but if all was fine I would need to send my passport so they can send me my visa.

Got a letter from the embassy today asking me to send my passport ASAP. Does this mean that all is well and I will be issued my K1? The letter simply asks for my passport and says nothing else. I'm assuming this is good news but the embassy doesn't like to tell you much :P

Is this good news?
Yes. It is exactly as you were told after your interview.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:58 am
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes. It is exactly as you were told after your interview.
Cool! Thanks Rete

Do you have any idea how long it might take to send it back?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! Thanks Rete

Do you have any idea how long it might take to send it back?
Did you have to pay or provide a prepaid courier envelope for its return at the time of your interview?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:13 am
Honorary Texan

Originally Posted by Rete
Did you have to pay or provide a prepaid courier envelope for its return at the time of your interview?
No, I paid for the courier service over the phone today. They are collecting my passport tomorrow.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:16 am
Concierge

No, I paid for the courier service over the phone today. They are collecting my passport tomorrow.

Then you will have it in a day or two. Congratulations.