Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Less than 36 hrs to the interview!!

Wikiposts

Less than 36 hrs to the interview!!

Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Less than 36 hrs to the interview!!

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Maybe cos its mega expensive phoning internationally on cell phones

Exactly. If I use my Sam's Club calling card, it's about $.50/min to call his cell. If I know that I can talk to him for longer than 10 minutes (min call time) I can use 10-10-987 to call his phone. But also given that I don't think he brought his charger with him, I don't want him to use his battery up talking to me tonight, when he most definitely has to use it to call me tomorrow with the (hopefully good) news!

Thanks for all of your good wishes, everyone! Guess I'm just nervous that after all of our hard work, we won't get approved, but I'm praying that God would not have brought us this far, only to have us denied now! Can't believe that we'll know in about 16 hours!

Jamie
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:54 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another way of looking at it is that he's what, 5/6 hours ahead, so if you DO manage to snag some sleep tonight, you won't be awake and fretting for too long!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Another way of looking at it is that he's what, 5/6 hours ahead, so if you DO manage to snag some sleep tonight, you won't be awake and fretting for too long!!!

Kate. xxxx
Sleep!?!?! You're kidding right? Nah, I'll make myself sleep somehow. Think I'll go to the gym and work my butt off so I'll be too tired to keep my eyes open. Or get so pissed, I pass out. ehheehehe.. Thankfully, it is only 5 hrs.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:12 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

If all goes well, which it will, when will he be flying out?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by sibsie
If all goes well, which it will, when will he be flying out?
Not until April 16th. We didn't think we'd get an interview this quickly, and given that he also needs to put in one month's notice (is this common in the UK?) to his employer, sell his car, and tie up a few other loose ends, we thought mid-Apr would give us just enough time. Now we should have plenty of time to get everything together, assuming the visa is issued tomorrow.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:32 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been an employee for years but I think a month is pretty standard in the UK.

The time will whizz by til April and at least you'll have a relatively stress free time til then.

I can't wait to hear all the gorey details about the interview and you'll have to PM me the secrets of the loos at the docs office.

Also on the internet are the progs so you can send him text messages for free. I don't know what the US - UK ones are but I use them to text Steve all the time.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:34 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Not until April 16th. We didn't think we'd get an interview this quickly, and given that he also needs to put in one month's notice (is this common in the UK?) to his employer,
Yeah, that's normal. I had to hand in one month's notice, too.

Kate. xxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hi Jamie

I'm a bit late on here so hopefully you've calmed down a bit by now, either that or you have NO fingernails left and have started on the fingers themselves

London really IS a breeze, and by this time tomorrow, you'll be wondering what you were worried about, no doubt with a large glass of your favourite celebratory tipple in hand and down neck.

Just for tradition, "Good luck" for you and yours tomorrow and don't be tardy in getting back here to report all!

Karen
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie,

Good luck and don't worry. Everything will be just fine. Even if it's not fine, it will still be fine (does that make sense?)

Leslie

I'm going nuts with anxiety! Tuesday is the dreaded/much anticipated V-day (Visa Day) and I'm worried about everything. Suggestions from those that have graduated are much appreciated! How did you keep yourself from pulling your hair out or biting every single fingernail off?!?!

Love you guys!
Jamie
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:00 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going nuts with anxiety! Tuesday is the dreaded/much anticipated V-day (Visa Day) and I'm worried about everything. Suggestions from those that have graduated are much appreciated! How did you keep yourself from pulling your hair out or biting every single fingernail off?!?!

Love you guys!
Jamie
Hey Jamie!

It's all going to be ok......in fact, with the time difference, you may already know that he's got it in his hand by now!

Good luck, keep the faith, all will be well.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (both wearing shiny new wedding rings!)