Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Less than 36 hrs to the interview!!

Wikiposts

Less than 36 hrs to the interview!!

Old Feb 15th 2004, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Less than 36 hrs to the interview!!

I'm going nuts with anxiety! Tuesday is the dreaded/much anticipated V-day (Visa Day) and I'm worried about everything. Suggestions from those that have graduated are much appreciated! How did you keep yourself from pulling your hair out or biting every single fingernail off?!?!

Love you guys!
Jamie

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Feb 15th 2004 at 2:31 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Less than 36 hrs to the interview!!

No one has any suggestions for me, eh?
Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Yeah, relax! Mine is on Thursday and I'm a bit of a mess so I imagine you're even worse. I hear it's the most human process of the lot so I'm sure you'll be fine!
Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:22 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

I haven't done an Embassy interview. I have done a couple of AOS interviews - does that qualify?
Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going nuts with anxiety! Tuesday is the dreaded/much anticipated V-day (Visa Day) and I'm worried about everything. Suggestions from those that have graduated are much appreciated! How did you keep yourself from pulling your hair out or biting every single fingernail off?!?!

Love you guys!
Jamie
I just want to wish you luck with the interview......
Try and stay clam, and all will be ok.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:31 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't recommend how to keep yourelf sane, as I don't know of anyone who was, right before their interview!

The only advice I have for you is that you should enjoy the day. It isn't nearly as scary as you think, and the people at London seem to understand how nerve-wracking it is, as they're really pleasant. I'd go through that day a million times over.

All the very best to you, and we'll be waiting to read your account of the day. AND DON'T WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old Feb 16th 2004, 12:27 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I've got mine a week tomorrow. My breathe relax thing isn't working so I'm settling for checking everything a zillion times and worrying!

Good luck with yours!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh yes, we've checked, re-checked, and checked some more! I'm about 99% certain that all docs are in order, just scanned the most recent checkstub and emailed it to him.

Bad thing is, he's already left for the airport (from work) to take the flight down to London and he won't get to his hotel until probably 21:00 or so. And since all he has with him is the mobile, I can't really call him or him me! <sigh> I just hate being out of contact with the night before our big day, but I'll just have to get over it. Now how I'm going to get through the rest of the day at work is another problem! How can I possibly sit still!

We've been anticipating this day from Day 1 obviously, but now that it's here, I soo do not feel ready for it. I just hope travel-wise everything goes smoothly as well. My "Just breathe in and out, unclench jaw" technique isn't going too well either! I know there isn't a reason to worry, but tell my brain that!

J
Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:33 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

best of luck tomorrow.. sounds like london are good people to deal with.. be on time, put a smile on your face.. drink decaf and breathe.. you'll do great and hopefully leave with that visa in hand..

and congrats also to sibsie on your upcoming interview.. good news all around..
Old Feb 16th 2004, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Love you guys!
Jamie
Hi there Jamie

Please don't panic!! I had my interview in Londonn in January and I was tearing my nails out and I think now why was I so nervous! It is not as bad as you think.

THe only pain is that there is a lot of waiting and hanging around doing nothing so bring a book or something tho I was too nervous to read lol.

The guy doing the chest x-ray is a laugh. He sure will put you at ease. lol

Good Luck and please don't worry!

Love Gisela xx

Last edited by whistlestop01; Feb 16th 2004 at 5:31 am.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

kysilver50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Love you guys!
Jamie
Good luck Jamie...take some deep breaths...you are in the home stretch now....Our prayers are with you. Since we haven';t even heard from the embassy...I have no words of wisdom...but, we are here for you.
Patricia
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:41 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Oh yes, we've checked, re-checked, and checked some more! I'm about 99% certain that all docs are in order, just scanned the most recent checkstub and emailed it to him.

Bad thing is, he's already left for the airport (from work) to take the flight down to London and he won't get to his hotel until probably 21:00 or so. And since all he has with him is the mobile, I can't really call him or him me! <sigh> I just hate being out of contact with the night before our big day, but I'll just have to get over it. Now how I'm going to get through the rest of the day at work is another problem! How can I possibly sit still!

We've been anticipating this day from Day 1 obviously, but now that it's here, I soo do not feel ready for it. I just hope travel-wise everything goes smoothly as well. My "Just breathe in and out, unclench jaw" technique isn't going too well either! I know there isn't a reason to worry, but tell my brain that!

J
Apart from whilst he's on the plane (for obvious reasons) why can't you call him on his cell phone?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by lairdside
Apart from whilst he's on the plane (for obvious reasons) why can't you call him on his cell phone?
Maybe cos its mega expensive phoning internationally on cell phones
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:48 am
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Maybe cos its mega expensive phoning internationally on cell phones
It's pretty reasonable to call UK to US on a cell phone with Orange.

Yes - it costs more to call a cell phone in the UK than a landline but this isn't everyday consumption.

It would be a special and limited purpose use
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

kysilver50 is an unknown quantity at this point

J
Jamie,
Have you tried 10-10-987....if you know where he is staying tonight...use that to call him...39 cent connecting fee and 3 cents a minute to Western Europe...I use it to call Rudolf all the time...even cheaper than the calling cards we were using...Just a suggestion.
Patricia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.