Wikiposts

Leaving Ater Marriage

Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Ater Marriage

Originally Posted by MichelleAnn
... after talking to the officer he did let me in on the understanding that i was leaving 90 days later, which with the trouble i had at the poe me and my now hubby decided to get married which we did 15 days before i was due to leave, i remained in the USA...
So, you're publicly admitting that you ignored the officer's explicit instructions? You're throwing the entire immigration process back in our faces because you and your hubby couldn't keep your overactive hormones in check for a while longer. Thanks! This is exactly why it takes so long for thing to happen in the proper way... people ignore the rules and/or believe the rules don't apply to them. The result? USCIS cracks down on those with the paperwork to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Ian
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:05 am
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So, you're publicly admitting that you ignored the officer's explicit instructions? You're throwing the entire immigration process back in our faces because you and your hubby couldn't keep your overactive hormones in check for a while longer. Thanks! This is exactly why it takes so long for thing to happen in the proper way... people ignore the rules and/or believe the rules don't apply to them. The result? USCIS cracks down on those with the paperwork to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Ian
Hello in reply to what you said to me about what i posted on here.
NO i did not ignore what the officer said we did not decide straight away to get married after what happened to me, we didn't decide on what to do till the middle of august and we phoned up for some advice first before we went ahead and got married and got told to just go ahead and get married then file for adjustment of status, i did say to the guy who was wanting some advice to send me a private message so that i could tell him more in length on what happened and why we went ahead and got married and no i don't violate laws, never have done and never will do, as i know what can happen if you do seen it to many times to people i know, you should ask someone first before going ahead and accusing them off something they have not done ok thank you Michelle
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:06 am
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Hello in reply to what you said to me about what i posted on here.
NO i did not ignore what the officer said we did not decide straight away to get married after what happened to me, we didn't decide on what to do till the middle of august and we phoned up for some advice first before we went ahead and got married and got told to just go ahead and get married then file for adjustment of status, i did say to the guy who was wanting some advice to send me a private message so that i could tell him more in length on what happened and why we went ahead and got married and no i don't violate laws, never have done and never will do, as i know what can happen if you do seen it to many times to people i know, you should ask someone first before going ahead and accusing them off something they have not done ok thank you Michelle
And also the officer who let me in also said we should just go ahead and get married so that i don't have anymore problems of entering the USA so please again ask people before jumping the gun Michelle
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

And also the officer who let me in also said we should just go ahead and get married so that i don't have anymore problems of entering the USA so please again ask people before jumping the gun Michelle
This was correct advice on the officer's part. What he meant was...go ahead and get married while you're in the USA and then go back to your home country for immigrant visa processing. He simply neglected to say the latter part of the whole deal, which of course confused you into thinking it was OK to enter with the intent of marrying and staying in the USA.

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:36 am
Caring for the Elderly

Originally Posted by Noorah101
This was correct advice on the officer's part. What he meant was...go ahead and get married while you're in the USA and then go back to your home country for immigrant visa processing. He simply neglected to say the latter part of the whole deal, which of course confused you into thinking it was OK to enter with the intent of marrying and staying in the USA.

Rene
Hiya Rene thanks for not jumping down my throat like the other guy did boy i knew last night after i posted it i hadn't made myself real clear in what i was trying to explain lol, yep the mouth goes into gear before the brain connects lol.
Yeah before we decide to do anything like getting married we also did phone up an immigration pretty close to us and the guy my hubby spoke to on the phone said this is off the record go ahead and get married and then file all your paper work while I am over here coz it will take a long time if we done it after going back to the UK and that is the only reason why we did go ahead and get married not because of Hormones, my hubby has chronic lyme disease so it was nothing to do with bloody hormones lol. Thanks Michelle
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:39 am
Caring for the Elderly

Rene
Hiya Rene No i was not entering in the first place with the intent to get married, if i was able to still do the vwp without any problems we most probably would not of been married as yet now, we would of waited some more years before doing that sorry for not making my self clear there
thanks Michelle
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:32 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

You just can't remain in the USA to adjust status to permenent resident,
Disagree, I'm afraid! OP is currently in the US and makes no mention of his intent on entry. Indeed, it might be construed with his many planned travels that he had no intention at entry of making the US his permanent home on this visit. He may very well be able to adjust status to permanent resident quite legally.

However, since he states he is leaving for home in August and will be temporarily resident in Canada after that, filing for adjustment of status may not be the wisest move since he may find himself landlocked in the US awaiting advance parole.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:37 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Ian, you're letting your hormones get the better of you! It takes a long time for things to happen because their is no accountability in inefficient government departments and the US has decided to accept a bureaucracy of Kafkaesque proportions, not because Michelle decided to get on with her life the best way she could.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:59 pm
Caring for the Elderly

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Ian, you're letting your hormones get the better of you! It takes a long time for things to happen because their is no accountability in inefficient government departments and the US has decided to accept a bureaucracy of Kafkaesque proportions, not because Michelle decided to get on with her life the best way she could.
Thank you for that fatbrit your a star, I will be looking for work starting from next week, back into the throng of things and not sat at home 24/7 twiddling me thumbs, there is only so much housework you can do lol.
Thanks Michelle