Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Leave the country while Im waiting the transfer..

Wikiposts

Leave the country while Im waiting the transfer..

Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:15 am
Just Joined

zipie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leave the country while Im waiting the transfer..

Hi ! This is my first msg. ! This board rox!

I Did the transfer from another school, I should begin the Feb. 17th, with my girlfriend(she is u.s. citz) we are planning to take a short vacation outside the country, so i would like to know if I can leave the country while Im waiting the new I20. What I can do ? Speak with the previous school or something else ? btw My visa will expire in the 2013.

Thanky in advance

Pietro
Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leave the country while Im waiting the transfer..

Originally Posted by zipie
i would like to know if I can leave the country while Im waiting the new I20.
As long as your F-1 is valid, you can travel... doesn't matter if you're in the middle of changing schools.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:45 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As long as your F-1 is valid, you can travel... doesn't matter if you're in the middle of changing schools.

Ian
Don't you need a valid and signed I-20? The OP is not clear about whether one currently exists. The one time I entered as F-1 without a signature on my I-20, the nice immigration guy gave me 2 days on my I-94 to get my I-20 signed and delivered to INS. Which was better than being denied entry.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Don't you need a valid and signed I-20? The OP is not clear about whether one currently exists.
Good catch! Yes... but I'm guessing his current I-20 is still good.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Ty for your answers guys.
The problem is this, the new school that I did the transwer has my prevous I20 and I begin the school only the 13, but i would go in vacation beafore that date, alos I've read that i Need for re-admission in the USA, I20, passport and of course valid visa. I should call the school.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:03 am
Account Closed

I should call the school.
Yes... the sooner the better! Good luck.

Ian
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Hllo guys ! I've another question !, The feb 1st the new school is going to sent to my previous school the transfer, I have to pay a little balance du to my previous school, if I'm not going to pay, the old school can terminate my I20 ? If yes what is happen ? I Already did the application to the new school...

Ty in advance
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

I have to pay a little balance du to my previous school, if I'm not going to pay, the old school can terminate my I20 ? If yes what is happen ?
If you don't pay, they will terminate your I-20. That's what will happen. Since you've already been picked up by another school... nothing else bad will happen.

However, I advise that you pay whatever is owed. Why? Because it's the adult and honorable thing to do. You should always pay your debts and not try to weasel out of them.

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Of course I'll do bud.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Hey guys but the DSO must sign my I20 beafore I leave the country even if is for a short vacation ?
I know that signature is good for 6 months.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:44 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys but the DSO must sign my I20 beafore I leave the country even if is for a short vacation ?
Yes.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

He've just to pute his signature and where im going ?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:51 am
Account Closed

He've just to pute his signature and where im going ?
Why don't you go to the DSO's office and have him take care of this? If he signs, great! If he doesn't sign, then you should cancel your vacation plans!

Ian