Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Late at night, contact lenses dry just double checking my I-864 and I-765

Wikiposts

Late at night, contact lenses dry just double checking my I-864 and I-765

Old Feb 14th 2004, 6:50 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Late at night, contact lenses dry just double checking my I-864 and I-765

Since we got married a couple months ago and I have finished filing 2003 taxes, thought I should get my I-485 packet of to the local Seattle BCIS office.... In regards to the I-864 Aff. of support some questions if anyone has the time. I realize that 99.9% of these can be answered via reading the directions, but it is late and I am having trouble focusing on all the words. Also, sometimes asking the questions can help other people figure stuff out. I am not just being lazy.

Soooo... For those of us filing out the I-864 that already filled out a I-134 for the original K1 interview at the embassy. I remeber when I filled out the I-134 that I had to submit everything in duplicate. I can't seem to find anything in the instructions for the I-864. ...Scratching my dry contact lenses... Nope..., not even in the checklist on page three does it mention this. Is it perhaps hidden within the instructions somewhere? Sort of like if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it? Because I can not see it does it mean that it is not there?

Also, on the Adit photos... They go with the G-325A, the I-765, I-131 and the I-485... Does it matter if they are the same ones that I had taken months ago with the I-129f package or should I get new ones taken? I suppose it really does not matter and it is probably best to just get new ones taken via using whatever current guildines the BCIS has. What to do, what to do...

Sort of just some random thoughts and questions if anyone still up late has any input....

Thanks,

Scott
Old Feb 15th 2004, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

dhabud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Late at night, contact lenses dry just double checking my I-864 and I-765

I did not read anyting about I-134 either in I-864 form. So I guess they dont need it.

Also the old ADIT pictures should be fine, who is going to tell them? Go figure out.

Regards
Dhabud

MY AOS Timeline Cleveland
02/04/2004 mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to celveland USCIS
02/05/2004 received return receipt from post office
02/10/2004 Visited BCIS, cleveland. They received my appplication and put in system on 02/06/2004. Also they gave me my 8 digit A# from I-130. They said they put my check received recipts in mail on 02/10/2004

Waiting ----
Old Feb 15th 2004, 7:18 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Late at night, contact lenses dry just double checking my I-864 and I-765

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Since we got married a couple months ago and I have finished filing 2003 taxes, thought I should get my I-485 packet of to the local Seattle BCIS office.... In regards to the I-864 Aff. of support some questions if anyone has the time. I realize that 99.9% of these can be answered via reading the directions, but it is late and I am having trouble focusing on all the words. Also, sometimes asking the questions can help other people figure stuff out. I am not just being lazy.

Soooo... For those of us filing out the I-864 that already filled out a I-134 for the original K1 interview at the embassy. I remeber when I filled out the I-134 that I had to submit everything in duplicate. I can't seem to find anything in the instructions for the I-864. ...Scratching my dry contact lenses... Nope..., not even in the checklist on page three does it mention this. Is it perhaps hidden within the instructions somewhere? Sort of like if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it? Because I can not see it does it mean that it is not there?

Also, on the Adit photos... They go with the G-325A, the I-765, I-131 and the I-485... Does it matter if they are the same ones that I had taken months ago with the I-129f package or should I get new ones taken? I suppose it really does not matter and it is probably best to just get new ones taken via using whatever current guildines the BCIS has. What to do, what to do...

Sort of just some random thoughts and questions if anyone still up late has any input....

Thanks,

Scott
Hey there Scott

I haven't started looking into the AOS yet..Sorry I can't be of any help, maybe someone else can enlight you
Take care!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:17 am
Scott and Nanette

As a follow up:

I did notice that on page 5 of the instructions for the I-765 that the 2 photos have to be taken within 30 days. I suppose that thre is really no way for them to know the date a photo is taken, as there is no instruction for a date to be on the photo. Howeverm, maybe it would be a bad idea to use the same ones that we used for the I-129f stuff so many moons ago.... Not that much to moola to get new ones...

Scott
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:37 am
Just Joined

ElusiveSongbird is an unknown quantity at this point

As a follow up:

I did notice that on page 5 of the instructions for the I-765 that the 2 photos have to be taken within 30 days. I suppose that thre is really no way for them to know the date a photo is taken, as there is no instruction for a date to be on the photo. Howeverm, maybe it would be a bad idea to use the same ones that we used for the I-129f stuff so many moons ago.... Not that much to moola to get new ones...

Scott

Hi Scott,

Good idea to get new photos!

I have learnt that filing for AOS is treated as a separate entity from our history of events. After a somewhat disastrous start at POE at Seatac where I was interrogated for almost 2 hours for entering on a tourist visa - I filed my papers at Seattle BCIS and had my status adjusted in just 5 months and 2 days! Our interviewer (who is now a friend) told us it was quick and easy for us because we did everything they expected when filing.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:56 am
Scott and Nanette

Thanks songbird!

Nanette's POE experience was a little on the lenghty side as well at Seatac.

I have completed all the forms and went down to the USCIS office in Downtown Seattle on Airport way, as I was under the impression that for the I-765 a signature card was required. It turns out that the cover letter that I was using was from the civil war times or something.... A waste of a trip, but it was somewhat entertaining to hear all the people being deported yelling out the windows... Sort of a little security nightmare as an older woman left a siutcase unattened out by the front steps, (Turns out it was for her son being deported).

Soooo... Turns out the a signature card is no longer needed. I can't remember if my instructions were from the website or an older source. If anyone wants a copy of the new cover letter, let me know as I can scan it. As of yet, I did not see it online, but it is probably there.

One last question about the I-131 advance parole. No immidiate plans to travel, but should a send it with the I-485 or at a later date? The way the instructions read is that it is only needed if one wants to travel during the AOS process. Is this correct? Can one travel freely outside the US immidiatly after the AOS is processed? I always thought that for two years.... Am I getting confused?

Thanks,

Scott
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks songbird!

Nanette's POE experience was a little on the lenghty side as well at Seatac.

I have completed all the forms and went down to the USCIS office in Downtown Seattle on Airport way, as I was under the impression that for the I-765 a signature card was required. It turns out that the cover letter that I was using was from the civil war times or something.... A waste of a trip, but it was somewhat entertaining to hear all the people being deported yelling out the windows... Sort of a little security nightmare as an older woman left a siutcase unattened out by the front steps, (Turns out it was for her son being deported).

Soooo... Turns out the a signature card is no longer needed. I can't remember if my instructions were from the website or an older source. If anyone wants a copy of the new cover letter, let me know as I can scan it. As of yet, I did not see it online, but it is probably there.

One last question about the I-131 advance parole. No immidiate plans to travel, but should a send it with the I-485 or at a later date? The way the instructions read is that it is only needed if one wants to travel during the AOS process. Is this correct? Can one travel freely outside the US immidiatly after the AOS is processed? I always thought that for two years.... Am I getting confused?

Thanks,

Scott
----------------

Your welcome, Scott.

Yes, you can leave I-131 until you plan to travel. I was told it takes about 10-14 days to process at most.

Nanette can travel freely once her passport is stamped for Permanent Residency. Mine was done at the interview.

Hope she is coping well with the changes in weather. I am from her part of the world and am struggling with it!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:18 am
Scott and Nanette

Originally posted by ElusiveSongbird
----------------

Your welcome, Scott.

Yes, you can leave I-131 until you plan to travel. I was told it takes about 10-14 days to process at most.

Nanette can travel freely once her passport is stamped for Permanent Residency. Mine was done at the interview.

Hope she is coping well with the changes in weather. I am from her part of the world and am struggling with it!

Thanks again What part of Washington are you in, Songbird? Nanette and I live in Mill Creek/Everett area....

Scott
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks again What part of Washington are you in, Songbird? Nanette and I live in Mill Creek/Everett area....

Scott
-----------------

We live in Duvall but spend most of our time in Redmond/Bellevue, where my husband is a technogeek at you know where!

I just looked at your pictures ......lovely and I like the boat! We prefer to sail and have a small yacht which we take out on Lake Washington regularly.

Congratulations on your wedding!