Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Late Filing of I-130 for My Son

Late Filing of I-130 for My Son

Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Late Filing of I-130 for My Son

Hi All

After jeff talking with USCIS and getting the low down on filing an I-130 fr my son hoping it will catch up with mine which for those who don't know ...mine was filed Oct 2007 so has been in the System a while ...Infact i checked the file online and it has been touche today but i thik that was due to Jeff making a coule calls to USCIS yesterday and the day before.

Jeff was told that If we file I-130 for my son now it will take about 2 months to attach to mine , the Supervisor he spoke with at USCIS said that since my son is only 12 they will try to get his I-130 attached to mine as fast as they can so we might be lucky and get this done before im approved
I am still waiting on an e-mail reply from London Consular Officer, hoping to hear tomorrow or Monday.

I have e-mailed all the Documents to Jeff so he has just to sign the I-130 and add his documents

Jeff will post to Chicago Lockbox as instructed by USCIS Supervisor...from there it should go straight to Vermont Service Centre because it will by pass Texas and CSC so we were told.

Copies not originals:
My Birth Cert
My Sons Birth Cert
Jeff's Birth Cert
Divorce Papers ( both Jeff and I's )
Our Marriage Cert

Original I-130 Form all completed and signed by Jeff (we do not need G-325A nor photos of my son) so filling in a 2 page form was pretty fast to do

A Letter requesting to EXPIDITE my Sons I-130 to Vermont Service Centre where mine is.
Also attached to the letter is our I-130 NOA1 reciept ( copy of reciept not original)

So far this is what is asked for according to USCIS.

The lady did say we should not be long before my sons file catches up with mine so lets hope we are lucky !

Just thought this info will be helpful for anyone else that gets into the same situation. I really would say I hope they don't cause it so much hassle. I was always hoping to see my I-130 and I-129F to get approved...

NOW... i am thinking plz dont approve me till my son's I-130 catches up ! I mean i want so bad to be with my husband but i am definitely happier to wait for Mine and My sons to be approved at the same time

Wish me luck I certainly need it !
It's my Birthday today and my wish is for my son's I-130 to be with mine so we get approved together

Smiles
Michelle
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Late Filing of I-130 for My Son

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
It's my Birthday today and my wish is for my son's I-130 to be with mine so we get approved together

Smiles
Michelle
Happy Birthday Michelle! You're doing the right things as far as I can tell.

Good luck!
Rene
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday, Michelle

You got it all together now. Even if your I-130 is approved here in the US you can wait until your son's catches up for complete the processing in the UK. If time for that end of things runs short for you, you can always request the US Consulate to extend your timeframe for the completion of the Immediate Relative Visa. You have the perfect reason for them to say yes.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Happy Birthday Michelle! You're doing the right things as far as I can tell.

Good luck!
Rene
Thanks Rene ! I am a lot happier knowing we have a chance for Immigrant Visa instead of K3. We are seriously thinking we should cancel I-129F because we definitely want to wait for the I-130 ...AOS is just so restricting ...and costly in the long run but most of all if im there with Jeff i won't be able to work and I will be alone a lot as jeff will be working away from home( only home every 3 weeks for weekend) for a while so i might as well sit tight in UK and wait out the extra few months and be there with no worries of AOS to deal with...I think it would work better for jeff and i so we are wantng to cancel I-129F.

Incidently...Our Attorney sent jeff e-mail today and said, basically eventhough he wrote on file we originally wanted I-129F to be approved first he now says there is no guarentee which file will get approved first ....he never said that before! I guess jeff put him on the spot when he asked how sure was he that our I-129F would be approved first ...and what happens if I-130 approves and I-129F gets cancelled ...he NOW, 6 months down the line, tells us once the file hits USCIS he has no controll over what they decide regardless what he wrote on the file...again he was not like this when Jeff first went to him. Not to put the attorney down because he did file the petitions( although i filled them in , the only minor mistake i made were the date format whichi had written in english so he changed it to American.

Years back i filled out the K1 forms myself and managed great but the whole reason i did this was because i have been married to USC before and a denied entry few years back before K1, nothing major, they said i had been in US too much over the span of 14 months and didnt have strong ties to UK at the time ) but hey i went through K1 after that so i did everything right back then.
I see now there is NO reason why jeff and i had to get Attorney! I am kicking myself :curse:
I should have went by gut feeling and NOT hired Attorney cause as its turned out jeff and i are doing this ourselves and have managed great!
I have copies of all my forms and documents on my memory stick, i keep everything! I have learned the hard way so for anyone out there Please take the advice of the good people on here and file BOTH I-130's at the start and not be like myself and jeff having to do this last minute!
Still kicking myself :curse:
I noticed my I-130 has been touched today but i think this is because the Supervisor must have pulled up the file details and not because we are adjudicated.

Many thanks for all that listen to me and follow my happenings
Thank you ALL
I will keep you informed as soon as we get NOA1 for Neil's I-130

How long do u think it will take for NOA1 for this ? Since the backlog has been caught up what kinda timeframe is normal to see NOA1 ? or is this case gonna be different ?

Michelle
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Happy Birthday, Michelle

You got it all together now. Even if your I-130 is approved here in the US you can wait until your son's catches up for complete the processing in the UK. If time for that end of things runs short for you, you can always request the US Consulate to extend your timeframe for the completion of the Immediate Relative Visa. You have the perfect reason for them to say yes.
I will be keeping very close watch on the Neil's I-130 when i get approved we will be hoping neil's is attached but if not i will be right on the ball with US Embassy in London.

I really pray this all works out and that neil and i wont be too long before we are with Jeff atleast this fall or thanksgiving fingers crossed

Kind Regards
Michelle
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Jeff fedexed my Son's I-130 today!!! so it should get there tomorrow according to FEDEX. We have also decided to cancel out the I-129F so a letter requesting to cancel it is posted out too . I know some would say don't do that but we feel so sure I-130 is a definite for Jeff and i. Since we are gonna have a little longer wait we might as well get it all over and done with in one go

So lets hope it will all works out and i will hear back soon of NOA1 for my son

Jeff and i are also sending a letter to Vermont explaining why we are cancelling I-129F and to keep them informed that we have filed I-130 for my son and that its currently at Chicago. Now this might not be needed but we are gonna fedex it out to Vermont Monday as we don't have it finished that way they will have knowledge of our intentions and jeff's request to have my son's file expedited to join mine. No harm in keeping Vermont in the Loop !
Our I-130 was touched again today not sure why cause Jeff has not called them today maybe just reading our file or doing their admin on it As long as its being touched we know its there

A lot Happier with our decision to go I-130

Thanks to all for helping Jeff and i make the right decision and on our journey with USCIS

Feeling Great about it now !
Michelle
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
Thanks to all for helping Jeff and i make the right decision and on our journey with USCIS

Feeling Great about it now !
Michelle
Just curious, did you also notify your lawyer that you filed the I-130 for Neil on your own? Might not hurt to get the attorney to make a note of that in his own file, for his records. He still is the attorney on record, and will need to know what to say if USCIS contacts him about any of this.

Congratulations and glad you're feeling better!

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It does feel great to be pro-active and to have made a decision that you are happy with. Now the pieces will fall into place for the rest of the journey and before the start of 2009 you will reunited as a family.