Wikiposts

Last night in England

Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last night in England

Well it looks like it's finally here then, my last night in the land my family has called home for the last 1000 years or so (don't be fooled by the 'pink' bit, my family name is of Saxon origin). In just a few minutes it will be Saturday the 7th here, which is the day I fly out to be with my beloved and start my new life. It's been a long time coming!

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the positive thoughts and prayers for SecretGarden and I. The next time I check in here will be on the *right* side of the pond...

"Grab your things, I've come to take you home"

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~ tick tick tick...
Old Feb 6th 2004, 11:02 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last night in England

Mr. Pink, I'm so happy and excited for you!! You really deserve this and it has finally come! =) Have a safe trip!

Carole
Old Feb 6th 2004, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Mr. P ...I'm so excited for you and SG. Have a wonderful trip and good luck at your POE. I'm sure SG is not going to sleep a wink tonight!

Angela
Old Feb 6th 2004, 11:08 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrpink
Well it looks like it's finally here then, my last night in the land my family has called home for the last 1000 years or so (don't be fooled by the 'pink' bit, my family name is of Saxon origin). In just a few minutes it will be Saturday the 7th here, which is the day I fly out to be with my beloved and start my new life. It's been a long time coming!

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the positive thoughts and prayers for SecretGarden and I. The next time I check in here will be on the *right* side of the pond...

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~ tick tick tick...

AWW!!!! MR PINK!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!
I have been longing to shout this:
YOU MADE IT!!!!
Enjoy!! and dont forget to share your POE experience with us!!
I am detail junkie myself
Old Feb 6th 2004, 11:14 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yahooooo and Scooby Dooby Dooooo!!

Much more eloquent than "Pack your sh*t! You're coming home."

My husband will be here Wednesday (he moved it up a day it was originally going to be the 12th). It feels like whole bunch of us here are "graduating" together. I guess we are the early "Class of 2004".

Have a safe and pleasant trip. We'll look for your post from America.

Leslie

Originally posted by mrpink

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~ tick tick tick...
Old Feb 6th 2004, 12:02 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Yahooooo and Scooby Dooby Dooooo!!

My husband will be here Wednesday (he moved it up a day it was originally going to be the 12th). It feels like whole bunch of us here are "graduating" together. I guess we are the early "Class of 2004".

Have a safe and pleasant trip. We'll look for your post from America.

Leslie
Hey Leslie!!

I am flying in Wednesday too!!! Wooo!! Please welcome the early class of 2004
What are you guys doing for Valentine´s day?, Mark and I are going to gamble at Creeple Creek (Colorado), he has booked a room, we will have a romantic dinner and all aww! Cant wait. We are celebrating it on the 13 because Mark has to be oncall on Valentine´s day, it sucks but at least we get to spend Valentine´s together!!

Ps: Sorry to hi-jack your thread Mr Pink!!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 12:35 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
What are you guys doing for Valentine´s day!
None of you're business!!

Just joking Hyper, I'm sure we'll just veg out and relax.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

None of you're business!!

Just joking Hyper, I'm sure we'll just veg out and relax.
Congratulations Mr. P... I'm sure it will be wonderful finally being together!

Hyper, where in Colorado are you going to be staying? I'm in Denver... is that where you are flying into?
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:57 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Yeah, Mr. P ...I'm so excited for you and SG. Have a wonderful trip and good luck at your POE. I'm sure SG is not going to sleep a wink tonight!

Angela
Hi Angela,
Boy, you've got *that* right! Very very busy day----worked all day and my principal, in his wonderful way, at a staff meeting today, extended an open invitation for all members of staff to attend our wedding next Friday! I sat there like a deer caught in headlights as they applauded and said, "we'll be there!" I *think* I may have mumbled something about "thanks, and we can't offer you a reception right now...." or something...... *LOL* Well, nothing about this life has turned out the way we thought it would, or the way we *planned* it, so I guess we just take a deep breath, go with it, and *enjoy* it.

The house is fairly clean, the kids are excited about their new stepdad's arrival, (it's like Santa is coming to visit or something!), and I really can't believe that this is happening.........

I met this man almost three years ago, and we knew immediately that there was no turning back from this, it just had to be no matter how long it took. We've had many roadblocks in the way but have managed, most of the time, to keep our sense of humor, and to support one another from 4,000 miles away. You have to think that it will be easier in the same room, right?

I took the last vitamin in the bowl tonight, which I have done with my twin daughters for the last couple of months. Tonight, my daughter Grace handed me the vitamin and said, "Tomorrow, your life begins, Mom"----this from a just-turned seven year old. My daughter Riley looked up at me and said, "He's going to be here Mom! Aren't you amazed by that?" Yes, I am truly amazed at how blessed I am personally and as part of a couple. People have rallied around us and now we get to share the good times (I can't offer any of you a reception next Friday, but if you'd like to come to the wedding, you have an "open invitation" courtesy of my well-intentioned principal!)

Some of you may remember that my ten year old son told me to keep a small notebook of things for which I am thankful. This started the week of Mr. P's accident and we've been through some roller coaster emotions in the past couple of weeks. It's good to look back on where we have been and see that there was truly a reason for hope, a reason for faith, and down on paper, a testament to the love we have for one another. I want to tell you all that not a day went by that my list didn't include "NG friends". They say the internet is cold and distant, but I have seen the brightest, warmest star in all of you.

When I signed in tonight I didn't expect to see anything posted by my guy----in fact, when we hung up the phone awhile ago it was nearly 1:30 am over there, and so this was a wonderful surprise. We ended our call with, "see you tomorrow" as we usually do, but this time will be so different. Gracie was right, my life begins tomorrow.

Thank you all for your love and support through the past 18 months. We are indeed graduates of the class of 2004, and I am so proud to be among you. Fingers crossed for a smooth POE, honey, and I'll see you tomorrow afternoon.

Hugs to all,
~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (hopefully off in dreamland by now........)

P.S. "Grab your things, I've come to take you home" is from Solsbury Hill, by our favorite singer, Mr. Peter Gabriel. If you're looking for inspiration, download it or dig it out of your 70s record collection and give it a spin. So many parallels to what we're all going through.

Edit to Angela: P.S. P.S. I love your new avatar!

Last edited by SecretGarden; Feb 6th 2004 at 1:59 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:30 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie
How bout, "Put that crap in a suitcase and get your ass over here"? Mr. Gabriel had obviously never been under the pressures of immigration.

Les, I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for everything you've done for me, and for us, and I love you to death. I can't wait to hear how Khalid's POE turns out and I look forward to more phone calls with all sorts of accents flying around-----Moroccan, Texan, British and Mid-Western Chicaaaaaaahhhhhguh............:scared:

Life is looking up and we have tons for which to be thankful.

~HUGS,
~SG
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:43 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Gods speed to you.... When in the Seattle area, you will always have a friend....

Scott and Nanette
Old Feb 6th 2004, 3:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh This is all so much good news..I can hardly contain myself...
but I will ...I can foresee a week of peace and quiet coming up.
Fewer GiFs, less fruit discussions, and no Moppy flaming.....
LUVERLY
Old Feb 6th 2004, 3:44 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by ray6
Oh This is all so much good news..I can hardly contain myself...
but I will ...I can foresee a week of peace and quiet coming up.
Fewer GiFs, less fruit discussions, and no Moppy flaming.....
LUVERLY
Hey, you...you.....BRUSSEL SPROUT!

I haven't talked about fruit in a week, dammit, and it was what we like to call an "analogy"........

How bout just saying "congrats" or something, Mr. Ray?

And I still need an excuse to slip in that immigration analogy involving rats......believe me, it's a good'un. You're gonna like it, lots.

Hugs,
~SG
Old Feb 6th 2004, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Many CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 3:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hey, you...you.....BRUSSEL SPROUT!
I haven't talked about fruit in a week, dammit, and it was what we like to call an "analogy"........
How bout just saying "congrats" or something, Mr. Ray?
Of course SG ..many many congratulations it went without saying and you knew it...Now get to BED ,,,you will need a lot of energy in the forthcoming days...Know what I mean!!!!! we call that Bunkology

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.