Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Last minute questions on I-864

Wikiposts

Last minute questions on I-864

Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Last minute questions on I-864

I'm the American of the relationship living in England and my husband has his Immigration interview on Tuesday, due to my last minute panicking I'm just looking at mine and the joint sponsor's paperwork. On mine, I'm going to list my UK address and then where it says country of domicile I'm going to write " currently in the UK but intending to re-establish domicle in the US when Immigrant's visa is approved.

Also, I've listed my current income in dollars with the amount in pounds in brackets. Is that okay?

Then on the joint sponsor I think we have a mistake, the joint sponsor has her current income in the correct sections but then on the My Total section we put her and her husband's joint total income, but now I realize that it should only be her individual total income, therefore, should I add in pen a column for her individual amount or just ask my husband to explain it to the consular officer. We have her tax transcripts so if they look at those, it will make sense.

Help
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last minute questions on I-864

Originally Posted by katnap8
Also, I've listed my current income in dollars with the amount in pounds in brackets. Is that okay?
Yes, that's fine.

Then on the joint sponsor I think we have a mistake, the joint sponsor has her current income in the correct sections but then on the My Total section we put her and her husband's joint total income, but now I realize that it should only be her individual total income, therefore, should I add in pen a column for her individual amount or just ask my husband to explain it to the consular officer. We have her tax transcripts so if they look at those, it will make sense.
I would NOT alter the joint sponsor's I-864. She signed the I-864 as is, don't alter it after she's signed it now. Either write something up on a separate sheet of paper to hand over with the existing I-864, or have hubby explain things at the interview.

Rene
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have her W-2? This would distinguish which part of the total income is hers alone. I would give this in with the I-864 and leave the form as it is.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

I have their tax transcripts and copies of two payslips and a letter from her employer stating her current salary.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ask her if she retained copies of her filed tax returns. Even if done by an accountant you are given a copy and there is an extra W-2 provided each year when you get them from your employer that is meant to be retained by you with your copy of the tax return. If she has this, then great. Fax a copy to you. If not, then the copy of the letter from her employer should do it.