Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

last minute k1 visa interview stuff...

Wikiposts

last minute k1 visa interview stuff...

Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of
Default Re: last minute k1 visa interview stuff...

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
My NOA2 looked nothing like the NOA1. The NOA1 (that i got in September) was on really nice paper etc the NOA2 (recieved end of December) was literally a piece of A4 paper saying the petition had been approved.

It looked like I could have done it myslef, the only reason I thought it was the NOA2 and not someone winding me up was because it came in an evenlope with the Immigration Department logo and adress etc on it!!!

But i think the print out will be fine, I am going to take a print out to :-)
Ours was like the NOA1. Weird. I guess they ran out of fancy paper when they were doing yours!

I don't recall ever hearing of them asking to see it at the interview though, or anyone getting denied because they didn't have it.

Last edited by Marty J; Mar 21st 2009 at 5:50 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marty J
Ours was like the NOA1. Weird. I guess they ran out of fancy paper when they were doing yours!

I don't recall ever hearing of them asking to see it at the interview though, or anyone getting denied because they didn't have it.
But it is a required part of the AOS from a K-1, yes? Because there is no I-130, the petition approval serves in its place?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
But it is a required part of the AOS from a K-1, yes? Because there is no I-130, the petition approval serves in its place?
Yes, a photocopy of the NOA2 is required as part of the AOS package. I hope the online print-out will suffice for the OP, if she can't find the real NOA2.

Rene
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:59 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

We submited a copy with our AOS
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:19 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
We submited a copy with our AOS
i cant find the one they sent me though