Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

last minute k1 visa interview stuff...

Wikiposts

last minute k1 visa interview stuff...

Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:53 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default last minute k1 visa interview stuff...

so my fiance has everything in order...originals plus copies... i just wanted to provide a run down and make sure we did not miss anything...

i 134 for myself along with documentation showing where my income is derived plus 2 yrs tax transcripts ( i didnt have to file one year ) copy of my birth certificate and information page of passport, bank statements

i 134 for the co sponsor including letter from employer, 3 yrs tax transcripts, (surpasses the income guidelines) copy of birth certificate bank statements

evidence of relationship as follows, pictures, cards, sons birth certificate, signed paternity acknowledgment with fiance's passport number on it as proof of identification

Police certificate for fiance, long form birth certificate, 2 passport sized photos, passport and drivers license

copy of immunization records (not sure if it is required, but have it just in case)

Letter indicating interview time and date

i think thats it in a nutshell...are we missing anything?

Thanks guys! This weekend is going to take forever to happen, but we are both positive about the outcome of his tuesday interview
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: last minute k1 visa interview stuff...

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
i think thats it in a nutshell...are we missing anything?
Nothing jumps out at me! I think you've got it all covered. Good luck to you both!

Ian
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Your NOA2?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:18 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Your NOA2?
wait...lol i got lost on what the NOA2 is....is this the petition approval letter or the letter with the interview?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

wait...lol i got lost on what the NOA2 is....is this the petition approval letter or the letter with the interview?
NOA2 is the I-129F approval notice.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:23 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by Noorah101
NOA2 is the I-129F approval notice.

Rene
we need that? wouldnt they all ready KNOW we've been approved since hes there for the interview? I have no clue where it is at the moment, in fact i dont think i even have it.... did it come with packet 3?

I cant find it and i dont think it is in the folder with the fiance...so much was happening when received it, thanksgiving, pending birth of our son...is this going to be a problem? can he print off the information from the online case status update and bring that and explain that the original was lost?

Last edited by agentpeppermint; Mar 21st 2009 at 2:27 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

we need that? wouldnt they all ready KNOW we've been approved since hes there for the interview? I have no clue where it is at the moment, in fact i dont think i even have it.... did it come with packet 3?
It came to the USC. It's the document that said the I-129F is approved. You're supposed to bring original documents with you to the K-1 interview, although I think it's rare that they ask to see the NOA2, but you're supposed to have it, just in case. They have the right to ask for it.

You will also need a photocopy of it for your AOS once you're in the USA and adjusting status.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:28 pm
Questy Questionson

It came to the USC. It's the document that said the I-129F is approved. You're supposed to bring original documents with you to the K-1 interview, although I think it's rare that they ask to see the NOA2, but you're supposed to have it, just in case. They have the right to ask for it.

You will also need a photocopy of it for your AOS once you're in the USA and adjusting status.

Rene
can uscis send me another one? im ripping through papers in a frenzy right now.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:30 pm

can uscis send me another one? im ripping through papers in a frenzy right now.
If you never received one at all, it probably won't be held against you. If you received one, you would have at least a photocopy of it in the file of immigration documents you've received, I'm sure.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:32 pm

The NOA2 looks just like the NOA1, except instead of saying "your I-129F has been received..." it says "your I-129F has been approved".

It's on that same fancy paper the NOA1 was on.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:33 pm
Questy Questionson

If you never received one at all, it probably won't be held against you. If you received one, you would have at least a photocopy of it in the file of immigration documents you've received, I'm sure.

Rene
I honestly dont remember getting it because I got the email notifiation...i dont remember if i got the paper copy, im sure it was sent...I hope it doesnt create an issue honestly!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:44 pm

I honestly dont remember getting it because I got the email notifiation...i dont remember if i got the paper copy, im sure it was sent...I hope it doesnt create an issue honestly!
Perhaps you can use a print-out of the email notice instead.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:38 pm
Questy Questionson

Perhaps you can use a print-out of the email notice instead.

Rene
i was thinking just that...i dont even know where this paper could be! we have everything else in that folder except this!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

My NOA2 looked nothing like the NOA1. The NOA1 (that i got in September) was on really nice paper etc the NOA2 (recieved end of December) was literally a piece of A4 paper saying the petition had been approved.

It looked like I could have done it myslef, the only reason I thought it was the NOA2 and not someone winding me up was because it came in an evenlope with the Immigration Department logo and adress etc on it!!!

But i think the print out will be fine, I am going to take a print out to :-)
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:16 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi . My husband brought copies of the notices to his K1 interview but they never asked to see them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.