Reload this Page >

Lagos Success! Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!

Wikiposts

Lagos Success! Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!

Old May 25th 2004, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lagos Success! Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!

Well, to God be the GLORY!!! Sunny and Ruthann will be living in one home in about two weeks! Oh and it won't be here in Lagos! USA here we come! The interview went sooooooo well! No problems whatsoever! The interviewers laughed and were very kind to both of us.. (I was called in to be interviewed as well as Sunny..)

We were asked all of the routine questions.. how did we meet, blah blah.. really nothing out of the ordinary at all. Very uneventful if you can imagine.. THE REASON:???? GOD WENT BEFORE US.... WE WERE JUST THERE TO COLLECT WHAT BELONGED TO US!!! Can I get an AMEN????

They did ask about the age difference but didn't dwell on it.. they did ask some funny questions to see if we stayed the night together however, such as what color was the night gown I wore??? LOL what did my husband wear to bed last night! LOL

They laughed at the answer..... LOL I won't go there... hahahha...

Asked what color the bedspread was in the hotel we were staying, and who showered first.. parents names, siblings names, where we worked.. (asking each of us seprately from a sheet of paper with prewritten questions)

They called sunny first.. I waited outside.. He was interviewed by two people.. one brief basic questions.. next was more detailed asking the questions from above. They already knew that I was outside so they had Sunny come to collect me. The process was then repeated..

They finished questioning us, we waited aprox, 10 minutes and they scanned his finger for print matching and told him to come collect his visa on Friday!

So.. That's it.. It's all over but the PARTY!!!!

Sunny is happy and I am relieved.. for those of you that don't know the timeline, I'll post the specifics later but, we filed on November 21st.. so 6 months almost to the day before visa was issued...

Heartfelt thank you to Teri & J, JeffB, DaGeek, Omo, and the rest of the Nija Brigade... God Bless you all for your support, kind words and sharing of experience... PRICELESS....

God Bless Nigeria and God Bless our home USA!

I'm leaving my husband for the last time on Friday... This time it's very OK....

Teri, GURRRRRRRRLLLLLLL.... My man is coming home.. I'll call you on Saturday!!! Regards to J...

later from NIGERIA......

Ruthann/Oseme
Old May 25th 2004, 6:21 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lagos Success! Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!

Woooo hoooooo!!!!!! Many congrats!!! I know a few people were asking after you to see how you got on, so I think they'll be glad about your success!!! Congrats again!

Kate. xxxx
Old May 25th 2004, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

afroduke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ruthann1212
Well, to God be the GLORY!!! Sunny and Ruthann will be living in one home in about two weeks! Oh and it won't be here in Lagos! USA here we come! The interview went sooooooo well! No problems whatsoever! The interviewers laughed and were very kind to both of us.. (I was called in to be interviewed as well as Sunny..)

We were asked all of the routine questions.. how did we meet, blah blah.. really nothing out of the ordinary at all. Very uneventful if you can imagine.. THE REASON:???? GOD WENT BEFORE US.... WE WERE JUST THERE TO COLLECT WHAT BELONGED TO US!!! Can I get an AMEN????

They did ask about the age difference but didn't dwell on it.. they did ask some funny questions to see if we stayed the night together however, such as what color was the night gown I wore??? LOL what did my husband wear to bed last night! LOL

Asked what color the bedspread was in the hotel we were staying, and who showered first.. parents names, siblings names, where we worked.. (asking each of us seprately from a sheet of paper with prewritten questions)

They called sunny first.. I waited outside.. He was interviewed by two people.. one brief basic questions.. next was more detailed asking the questions from above. They already knew that I was outside so they had Sunny come to collect me. The process was then repeated..

They finished questioning us, we waited aprox, 10 minutes and they scanned his finger for print matching and told him to come collect his visa on Friday!

Sunny is happy and I am relieved.. for those of you that don't know the timeline, I'll post the specifics later but, we filed on November 21st.. so 6 months almost to the day before visa was issued...

Heartfelt thank you to Teri & J, JeffB, DaGeek, Omo, and the rest of the Nija Brigade... God Bless you all for your support, kind words and sharing of experience... PRICELESS....

I'm leaving my husband for the last time on Friday... This time it's very OK....

Teri, GURRRRRRRRLLLLLLL.... My man is coming home.. I'll call you on Saturday!!! Regards to J...

later from NIGERIA......

Ruthann/Oseme
C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!! It's so great what God as done in the lives of members of the Nija brigade lately(no matter what anyone else thinks). I went to claim what belongs to me(as well)today. My passport with the visa on it. On my way I saw a smiling white lady outside the consulate premises on an all white african attire accompanied by two black males, & I was like "this could be Ruthann", with the knowledge that her spouse will be having her interview same day as my collection date. Anyway, congrats once again. I'll be checking out friday the 28th. W-H-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O! H-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!
Old May 25th 2004, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

UOTE]Originally posted by ruthann1212

later from NIGERIA......

Ruthann/Oseme [/QUOTE]

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT

LET GOD ARISE AND LET HIS ENEMY BE SCATTERED!!!

Ruthanne my prayers were going out for you. I am so so excited with all this success here at Lagos. I cannot wait to hear from you LIVE you better call me once you get stateside. better yet we need to do a Yahoo chat w/Karen from VJ. I heard you met up with Victor you and Sunny. Was that you two that afroduke saw today??? I wonder. Aren't you glad you made the trip afterall! what a relief now you can breathe again.

well, a hardy and a tremendous congratulations to you. Hey maybe you & sunny can make me & J's wedding afterall!! wouldn't that be a hoot!!

HALLLELLUUUJAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nkem4ever; May 25th 2004 at 7:11 am.
Old May 25th 2004, 9:23 am
Just Joined

besangin is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a party goin' on right here, to last throughout the year!!!!!
That is SWEET news!!!!!!!!! GOD is Truly in control!!!!!!!!!!! Love always prevails!!!!!!!!! This has been the best day in a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG while! God has been good to the Nija couples as another couple got an NOA2 today. Your blessing have rubbed off on the rest of us. GO celebrate, because the hardest part is in deed OVER! Sonya
Old May 25th 2004, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Halleluya !!! Halleluya !!!!!!!!

Ruthan and Sunny congratulations. Glory be to God for his wonderful grace upon us all!!! I knew that the interview will go well. Ruthane you did a great work of info gathering here to justify your success.

I am happy you remembered me in your gratitude. All the success coming in from Lagos embassy is not by our might,but by the special grace of almighty God. Lets give Jehovah all the glory!!!!

And to Sunny welcome to USA my friend!!!!

I was at the Social Security office this afternoon when Nkem called me from her office to info me about your success. My name appeared on the Save system today. I was given a letter that my SSN will arrive to me by post in 2 weeks.

Sunny,it will be a pleasure to see you and Ruthan at my wedding. Till then, have a safe flight!!!!
Old May 25th 2004, 11:16 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Well, to God be the GLORY!!! Sunny and Ruthann will be living in one home in about two weeks! Oh and it won't be here in
Wow!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old May 25th 2004, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Ruthann and Sunny!!!!
All that fretting and preperation paid off big time! Yeah Baby!
Welcome to the next step and an early Welcome to the US Sunny.

Jeff and Remi

later from NIGERIA......

Ruthann/Oseme
Old May 26th 2004, 8:31 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

RuthAnn, my most sincere CONGRATULATIONS!!! =) I was honestly somewhat worried about your case, but VERY relieved to see such a wonderful outcome!!! =)

I wish you two the happiest lives together!!

Carole