Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

labeling "sections" with what? 3m?

Wikiposts

labeling "sections" with what? 3m?

Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default labeling "sections" with what? 3m?

ok everyone,

now that i got the acco fastner ordeal straightened out, i would like to know what the 3m tabs or labels look like that show what each packet contains

what on earth do i ask for when i go to office depot?

thanks!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future
Default Re: labeling "sections" with what? 3m?

Originally posted by infotec28
ok everyone,

now that i got the acco fastner ordeal straightened out, i would like to know what the 3m tabs or labels look like that show what each packet contains

thanks!
Hi infotec28,
Well, for the life of me I couldn't find anything at the local Office Depot, since the tabs should be at the bottom, and not on the side. So I just used the clear plastic tabs (courtesy of our sweet admin assistant... ) and stapled them at the bottom of the sheets I used a s dividers. However, Avery has something with bottom tabs, you may take a look on their site, search for legal dividers.
Good luck!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:56 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

ok everyone,

thanks!
What "each packet" contains????

Don't be a binder-boy with your submission (and I'm not saying you are). It’s really best not to put things in binders, plastic sleeves, in separate envelopes etc. It just increases the odds of them losing things if they have to disassemble your submission.

For tabs, have you seen the little tabs made by the people at “Post It� that say, “sign and date� on the post-it?

They make the same sort of tab, but it has a colored end without the language saying “sign and date�. I use the hot pink ones, attaching them to the forms, and I label them accordingly (for example, one tab might say USCIS Fees, $110.00, $140.00, or one might say, “I-129f�).

I only tab the forms and fees, not the bulk of the supporting documentation.

For supporting documentation, I instead label each item near the bottom of the page, and highlight that notation with bright yellow ink (so it will draw the officers attention to my notation). For example, on the international fiancee's birth record, I might write, “Attorney certified copy of the beneficiary’s birth record, plus English translation – 2 pages�.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Nov 7th 2003 at 10:04 am.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

ok everyone,

thanks!
Office depot will know what you're talking about if you ask them for 3M labels. 3M is a brand. We used 1.5 inch labels to stick in the top right-hand corner of each sheet. This was for the I-129F petition and I just wrote my name, application name (I-129F petition for fiance visa) and the date. As for the sheets that have tabs at the bottom...we used these to separate each section. Avery makes these and we found them at Walgreen's. However, Office depot will probably have these, too. For our AOS and EAD filing, we just used the fastener at the top and a cover sheet, forgetting the 3M labels . We were lucky enough to be able to walk in and apply for the AOS and EAD and see how impressed the clerk was with our file They certainly appreciate it! Hope this helps

Last edited by NevAnna; Nov 7th 2003 at 10:00 am.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 10:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

For heaven's sake - buy a pad of Post-It notes and stick 'em on the bottom of the pages you want to label with a half-inch of overhang.

JEff

ok everyone,

thanks!