Reload this Page >

Knightsbridge Medical Review

Knightsbridge Medical Review

Old Dec 4th 2018, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

01morrissonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Knightsbridge Medical Review

Morning everyone,

I had my medical at Knightsbridge yesterday so thought I would share my experience. Over all it was fairly uneventful, the train ride home was more problematic than the medical itself.My appointment was at 14:30, but my train got in early so I walked from Paddington to Knightsbridge which was about 30 minutes. Women at the front desk was polite and said I am welcome to come in and wait or I could come back closer to the time, not knowing the area very well I opted to wait.There was maybe 20 people in the waiting area when I went in, but the staff seemed to be processing people fairly quickly and by the time my appointment was due most people had been seen to and had left.My appointment time came around so I went back to the front desk and handed in my paper work, I gave them photocopies so they kept it all rather than copying my originals. They photocopied my passport then handed me a larger medical survey to complete and a little pot for a urine sample.Filled out the survey, peed in the pot, handed it all back to the front desk and waited to be called.Chest x-ray was first, jacket off, top off stand against the board and take a deep breath. Was done in a couple of minutes before getting my clothes back on and going back to the waiting room.Next was the physical. Checked my ears, throat and eyes. Checked my height and weight and went through the survey I had filled out to confirm everything was I had said it was. Then it was off with the clothes only my underwear left on. Checked the motion in my joints, shoulders, elbows, knees ankles. Pressed across my tummy (checking for anything unusual I guess). Sat me up and listened to my heart and lungs before checking the reflexes in my knees before getting dressed again and taking a blood sample. All done within 5 minutes or so, then back to the waiting room.Lastly was the vaccine consultation. I’d had a flu jab recently so that was covered but I need a tetanus booster. They said I could go and get my doctor to get it and then fax them the documentation or I could have it done there and then so I went ahead and had the shot right away then back to the waiting room.Finally I was called back to the front desk where I was given a summary of what had happened, they explained that processing would take 4 days and then its sent to the embassy a few days later. Handed my passport back to me and paid my bill, £330 for the medical and £40 for the tetanus booster.

All in all I was probably in their for 40 minutes if not a little less.The staff are all very friendly and helpful, have no concerns about the process and I am happy that I am one step closer to the end.Now on to my Visa Interview in January!
Old Dec 4th 2018, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knightsbridge Medical Review

Thanks for the lovely write-up.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 1:50 pm
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knightsbridge Medical Review

I always enjoy reading these, as it reminds me of my own experience. It's one of those events that just sticks with you. Good luck with your interview! Mine was in January 2018 and feels like yesterday. Let us know how everything turns out!