Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Knightsbridge medical completed.

Knightsbridge medical completed.

Old Feb 23rd 2019, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Knightsbridge medical completed.

Thought I would write up my medical in London.

Medical was booked for 1.50pm Thursday 21st at 4 Bentinck Mansions London.
Left the west midland area around 7.31am to catch the train to paddington London with zero stops and the train got in at 10.50am. So I basically had around 3 hours to kill, so with the aid of a map I made my way to oxford street to look through some shops until it was my time.
Walking from paddington to bond street tube station took me 20/25 minutes and the medical center was around 5 minues walk from the tube, I did manage to get lost, as every street looked the same and due to congestion from walking traffic and cars..

Bored of just hanging around,I walked up the steps and pressed the bell and was let in, and was greeted by the receptionist and told I was a little early, around 15 minutes, but said I could fill out the paper work needed before the appointment. It was around 3 pages long and just a little more in depth from the first questionnaire , there were a lot of boxes to tick. Once finished I proceeded to the bathroom to do my urine sample and handed the questionnaire back to be told to wait for my name to be called.
After 5 plus minutes I was called to a room by a female staff member and chatted about my vaccination history and it was deemed unknowingly to me, I needed a MMR booster. This could have been done back at the GP , but due to only around 12 days to the interview I decided to have it done there, as I was working 6 days and didn't want any delays, this injection cost £50. Once finished I was sent back to wait for my next call.
Had another 5/10 minute wait and was called into another room to have an X-ray done by a male this time, which barely 5/10 minutes , all of which was clear and he chattered and explained what they were looking for etc.

Back in the waiting room, to be called by a female doctor, who chatted about my GP history, past hospital visits etc, mefication if any, and drug and alcohol consumption or any past problems concerning such. Then I was asked to stand up and do a simple eye test you do at the opticians, once completed, I was told to go behind curtain to change into a gown to check my abdomen, chest, heart beat, lungs, blood pressure, and a leg and arm check , I believed she was looking for self harming. Once completed, I got re-dressed behind the curtain and sat back down, to sign a couple of forms and was told that was all completed and to wait back in the waiting area to be called.

Only waited a short while and was told to go to the receptionists window to pay the fees due for the medical and injection, and to hold on to a copy of my visa medical sheet they had done, and told me to use this as proof while job hunting.
The whole visit took 1hr 10 mins, the only hardship was waiting around for those few hours before the appointment, looking back it feels like it never happened, all that anticipation was not worth all the worry before hand.
Im just relieved I have one remaining appointment, finally....