Knightsbridge Doctors Medical Info for those in the UK

Knightsbridge Doctors Medical Info for those in the UK

Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

2pennyblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Knightsbridge Doctors Medical Info for those in the UK

Originally Posted by britishspouse
You can also get your police cert ordered, its valid for one year
Hahaha, you pre-empted another question of mine! Cheers.

Btw, totally had to google Varicella to find out what it was. D'oh.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LCotts
You guys are all lucky, our GP wouldn't do any of the shots apart from tetanus for free. Also they wanted to charge for the blood tests too.
Wow I was lucky then, asked for blood tests also to ensure I was allergy free...My parents told me I was alergic to spinache when I was a kid so asked for tests, they did a rast test and possible allergy to it was 0%, that was free too!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2pennyblue

Lol...sorry should have explained, but now you know
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

LCotts will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Wow I was lucky then, asked for blood tests also to ensure I was allergy free...My parents told me I was alergic to spinache when I was a kid so asked for tests, they did a rast test and possible allergy to it was 0%, that was free too!
Yeah,

I think it's just the village we chose to live in. Bloody rip off place

As well as docs wanting to charge there was some they did not want to do such as MMR for wife as she is over 35. They said if we wanted them they would have to order in and it would take a few weeks so I just decided to get whichever ones required at the medical.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Yeah,

I think it's just the village we chose to live in. Bloody rip off place

As well as docs wanting to charge there was some they did not want to do such as MMR for wife as she is over 35. They said if we wanted them they would have to order in and it would take a few weeks so I just decided to get whichever ones required at the medical.
we live in a tiny village too, and the next village along has a doctors but we all chose to register at the GP 8 miles away in the nearest semi-big town, because all of our 'local' village docs are pretty snidy and up their own you know whats. Im sure this isint the case everywhere, but the 3 ive met at our local one all seemed that way, plus two of them are in a midlife crisis i think, driving flashy sports cars and having affairs with local police chiefs :P

And BTW dont worry I had to google varicella too, to find out it was chicken pox. After this process is over with you'll learn so much lingo and whatnot haha. From being a member of VJ too, ive already made friends with people from 3 countries I had never even heard of before too , so its been a lesson in world geography for me
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

You could also kill 2 birds with one stone. If your GP has known you at least 2 years, you could get him/her to endorse your photograph, which is needed for the police cert Some GP's charge for this, but if you ask him while in the room with his, he'll normally do it for free
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

2pennyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I moved back home 18 months ago from being at Uni for six years (and haven't registered with a local GP yet, eep) so I don't have that option, but I'm about to send off my passport name change application and the Post Office insisted I needed photos and countersignatures, so I've got my countersignature person for the police certificate lined up already
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unfortunately I moved back home 18 months ago from being at Uni for six years (and haven't registered with a local GP yet, eep) so I don't have that option, but I'm about to send off my passport name change application and the Post Office insisted I needed photos and countersignatures, so I've got my countersignature person for the police certificate lined up already
hehe gotcha

Gosh everyone is changing their names, It makes me feel bad I havent taken hubbies yet :S I just thought id be easier to do it once all this paperwork was done with, but maybe I was wrong lol. Hubby says I dont have to, he hates his long german surname, he says it annoys him people never say it or spell it right lol. I told him it doesnt bother me, I'll just have to perfect my signature with it first and make sure it fits in the signature box haha :P
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gary Hipperson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys I had my medical Last thursday, My CR1 Interview is one friday!! Getting Excited and Nervous!!

But when I had the Medical, I was expecting a Urine Drug test as well, But they didn't give me one. Is this normal for this Visa's Medical?

Gary.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gary Hipperson
Hey Guys I had my medical Last thursday, My CR1 Interview is one friday!! Getting Excited and Nervous!!

But when I had the Medical, I was expecting a Urine Drug test as well, But they didn't give me one. Is this normal for this Visa's Medical?

Gary.
yep. no urine tests. They expect you to be honest on your checklist, and im guessing if you admit to drug use then maybe they'd ask for a urine sample and for u to get clean? I dunno. But yeah there are no urine tests, just the blood test
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gary Hipperson

Gary.
wow, that's close together. How long ago did you get them both booked?

I've got my medical a week on monday, but not heard anything back about my interview yet.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Kat Taylor is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are all lucky, our GP wouldn't do any of the shots apart from tetanus for free. Also they wanted to charge for the blood tests too.
Yes they are sticklers for your ACRO criminal records report as part of the medical process, I think if you have any minor convictions they use your police record to see if you have any psychological issues...eg, disturbing the peace, or property damage....I remember the young Doctor was concerned about the amount of beer my husband consumed as a young soldier twenty + years ago and all the tomfoolery that goes with it, rather than his current injuries he sustained in Afghanistan...guess you can red flag one but not the other.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

DollyDimple is an unknown quantity at this point

I've emailed Knightsbridge Doctors with a couple of queries, but their responses haven't been entirely clear. I'm pregnant at the moment (due at the end of October) and I know that means I wouldn't have the chest x-ray at the medical, but they just said I could come in afterwards and have it done. Does that mean they wouldn't forward my medical exam info to the embassy until after I'd given birth and then gone in for the x-ray?

Also, exactly how many vaccinations would you need to have as a 35yo adult female? Somewhere along the line, all my medical records up to the age of 19 have been lost so although I know I've had certain vaccinations, I've no proof of it. This chart (PDF) suggests that I'd only need Td/Tdap and MMR - does that seem right to you? And again, same question as above - if I were to get these done after the birth, would they refuse to send my results to the embassy until I have the immunisations?

So many questions - thanks!
Old Jul 17th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDimple
I've emailed Knightsbridge Doctors with a couple of queries, but their responses haven't been entirely clear. I'm pregnant at the moment (due at the end of October) and I know that means I wouldn't have the chest x-ray at the medical, but they just said I could come in afterwards and have it done. Does that mean they wouldn't forward my medical exam info to the embassy until after I'd given birth and then gone in for the x-ray?

Also, exactly how many vaccinations would you need to have as a 35yo adult female? Somewhere along the line, all my medical records up to the age of 19 have been lost so although I know I've had certain vaccinations, I've no proof of it. This chart (PDF) suggests that I'd only need Td/Tdap and MMR - does that seem right to you? And again, same question as above - if I were to get these done after the birth, would they refuse to send my results to the embassy until I have the immunisations?
So many questions - thanks!

From the Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians:
Chest radiograph
•Use lead shielding for women of childbearing age.Pregnant women who are asymptomatic * may request that no chest radiograph be taken. Note this request on medical report form and advise applicant to obtain skin test after arrival in U.S.

* Pregnant women with symptoms suggestive of active TB must receive a chest radiograph. If the radiograph is compatible with active tuberculosis, sputum smears must be obtained.

Tuberculin skin test
•Read at 48 - 72 hours.
•Record mm induration on medical report form.
•For this examination, any reaction (erythema or induration) is a positive test.
•A chest radiograph is required for all applicants with positive skin tests.

Next question--Yes, those are the required shots plus varicella (chickenpox). If you had the disease, you don't have to get a varicella shot.

In the Instructions for immunizations:
General contraindications for the administration of a vaccine include:
(list of four including--)
•Pregnancy as a contraindication for receiving live attenuated vaccines for measles, mumps, and rubella, oral poliovirus, varicella, and intranasal influenza

The following conditions are not contraindications for the administration of a vaccine: (list including)
•Pregnancy for receiving Td, Tdap, inactivated influenza, or hepatitis B vaccine

In general, vaccines are deferred when a precaution condition is present. If the decision to defer a vaccine is reached, the condition should be recorded as a medical condition and the "Contraindication" waiver box on the DS-3025 must be checked.

For pregnant women, contraindications and precautions are shown at—http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm.
You can be granted a waiver by the interviewing officer for the required vaccines. You fall under this category

· Vaccination Not Medically Appropriate . CDC has determined that a particular vaccination would not be medically appropriate in the following four scenarios: the vaccine is not recommended by the ACIP for the alien's specific age group; the vaccine is medically contraindicated (e.g., allergies to eggs or yeast, hypersensitivity to prior vaccines, and pregnancy, among other medical reasons); the alien has taken the initial vaccines, but is unable to complete the entire series within a reasonable period of time (e.g., the recommended series of hep atitis vaccines may take as long as 6 months to complete); and the medical examination is not being performed during the fall (flu) season. Note that for immigrant visa applicants abroad, there is a fifth scenario -- the vaccination is not available. This fifth scenario generally does not apply to adjustment of status applicants, as the required vaccines are considered to be available in the United States, absent any unusual circumstances, as described in paragraph (B) of this section.

Last edited by Moxie; Jul 17th 2011 at 6:39 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

DollyDimple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moxie
From the Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians:
Chest radiograph
•Use lead shielding for women of childbearing age.Pregnant women who are asymptomatic * may request that no chest radiograph be taken. Note this request on medical report form and advise applicant to obtain skin test after arrival in U.S.

* Pregnant women with symptoms suggestive of active TB must receive a chest radiograph. If the radiograph is compatible with active tuberculosis, sputum smears must be obtained.

Tuberculin skin test
•Read at 48 - 72 hours.
•Record mm induration on medical report form.
•For this examination, any reaction (erythema or induration) is a positive test.
•A chest radiograph is required for all applicants with positive skin tests.

Next question--Yes, those are the required shots plus varicella (chickenpox). If you had the disease, you don't have to get a varicella shot.

In the Instructions for immunizations:
General contraindications for the administration of a vaccine include:
(list of four including--)
•Pregnancy as a contraindication for receiving live attenuated vaccines for measles, mumps, and rubella, oral poliovirus, varicella, and intranasal influenza

The following conditions are not contraindications for the administration of a vaccine: (list including)
•Pregnancy for receiving Td, Tdap, inactivated influenza, or hepatitis B vaccine

In general, vaccines are deferred when a precaution condition is present. If the decision to defer a vaccine is reached, the condition should be recorded as a medical condition and the "Contraindication" waiver box on the DS-3025 must be checked.

For pregnant women, contraindications and precautions are shown at—http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm.
You can be granted a waiver by the interviewing officer for the required vaccines. You fall under this category

· Vaccination Not Medically Appropriate . CDC has determined that a particular vaccination would not be medically appropriate in the following four scenarios: the vaccine is not recommended by the ACIP for the alien's specific age group; the vaccine is medically contraindicated (e.g., allergies to eggs or yeast, hypersensitivity to prior vaccines, and pregnancy, among other medical reasons); the alien has taken the initial vaccines, but is unable to complete the entire series within a reasonable period of time (e.g., the recommended series of hep atitis vaccines may take as long as 6 months to complete); and the medical examination is not being performed during the fall (flu) season. Note that for immigrant visa applicants abroad, there is a fifth scenario -- the vaccination is not available. This fifth scenario generally does not apply to adjustment of status applicants, as the required vaccines are considered to be available in the United States, absent any unusual circumstances, as described in paragraph (B) of this section.
Ah, so would a waiver be temporary, so that I'd still need to get them in the US/before the visa interview, or would it be an outright waiver? (Sorry about the questions, but I've not had much luck with googling so far!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.