Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Kids moving to the states

Kids moving to the states

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Kids moving to the states

Hi all,
Here we go again with the process, my 18 year old daughter has after a few months of thinking about it has decided she would like to move to USA with us. My 17y.o son has decided to stay in UK for the time being to finish a college course.. We have just completed the I-130 and it is ready to post in the morning.my wife is the petitioner for my daughter as her step parent. I am also in the process of applying for citizenship, the question is can we send off both applications without any consequenses?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisncarla
... can we send off both applications without any consequenses?
To petition for her, your wife must be sure to submit proof that your marriage took place before your daughter turned 18. Since the I-130 and the N-400 have nothing to do with each other, I doubt there will be any consequences.

Ian
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough

Hi Ian,

our marriage certificate show that we were married in 2002, when my daughter was 8. we have included this in the application, A question, when i applied we both had to submit photos, but on this application for my daughter it does not ask for photos?? am I reading the instuctions correctly..
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick question. We sent off the I-130 for my daughter to the Chicago lock box, we got a email yesterday saying that they had received it and was sending it to California, once processed there do they send it to the embassy in London?
Old Jul 12th 2012, 11:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisncarla
... once processed there do they send it to the embassy in London?
Eventually, yes.

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys. It has been a while, and things started to move, the I130 was sent and approved, we got a letter stating that the paperwork would be sent to the embassy that is closest to my daughter, which is London. We then got an email for the ds230 in November 2012. We then had to apply for the police certificate, which should have taken 10 days but took 34, due to Christmas, we paid the fees for ds230 and also got asked to pay the fees for affidavit of support we paid them both. We have now submitted the ds230 and the affidavit of support. Both sets of paperwork have been sent to NH. The confusing part was the original letter stating that all correspondence would be through the nearest embassy. And yet it has been done by email and in USA. How long do you think we now have to wait until the paperwork is sent to London, the medical and interview? This whole process started in July 2012.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have your citizenship yet? If so, I-864W might be appropriate for the kid rather than I-864.