Default Re: Kiddie winks visas

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/

Where to find the stuff I have to do.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Cynnaminrye is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dljack
Your situation is very similar to mine! Also US citizen married (9 yrs)to UK hubby, living in the UK. We also have 2 kids 5 & 8! I had to bring my high school transcripts to register my kids birth and apply for ss cards and passports, but did it in Belfast. My hubby received his IR-1 visa in June and we are finally making the move at the end of September. This forum has been a godsend, so best advice...follow what the experts say! All in, we completed the entire process in 5 months, but needed time to close down 1 life in the UK.
I'm not going mad here am I? You do have to put in consular application as proof of their births over here to get their passports right? And you have to take the kids with you right?
Old Sep 11th 2016, 5:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

A little OT, but what the heck is kiddie "winks" visas?
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:00 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
A little OT, but what the heck is kiddie "winks" visas?
kiddiewink: definition of kiddiewink in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this link, I find no mention that you had to apply in person, with or without, the children to complete a consular report of birth abroad.

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...rds/birth.html
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

dljack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cynnaminrye
I'm not going mad here am I? You do have to put in consular application as proof of their births over here to get their passports right? And you have to take the kids with you right?
Yes, that's right! It is done at a US consulate, so you should be able to use the one in Scotland, we were able to book our appts online for Belfast. I was asked why it took so long to register their births, also what have I been doing and living since 14 yrs (turning 40 soon). There are a few docs you need to fill in, and bring, but yes also myself, husband and 2 kids had to attend.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Just to avoid confusion registering the children's birth and getting their passport are totally separate than a getting your husbands visa. The kids took 1 visit to sort out, hubby took 5 months. He made 2 trips to London for the medical and interview.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dljack
Just to avoid confusion registering the children's birth and getting their passport are totally separate than a getting your husbands visa. The kids took 1 visit to sort out, hubby took 5 months. He made 2 trips to London for the medical and interview.
Thanks for letting me know. I figured as much 😒
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for letting me know. I figured as much 😒
Can I just double check...Were you in Ireland or England at the time when you applied for it all? The consulate sites seem to imply that you have to go to the one that you reside in, ie go to Edinburgh only if you live in Scotland.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Can I just double check...Were you in Ireland or England at the time when you applied for it all? The consulate sites seem to imply that you have to go to the one that you reside in, ie go to Edinburgh only if you live in Scotland.
Well, we live in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. I dont recall them being to concerned where we live even as you provide a prepaid envelope to send the passports back. To me, UK should be UK as far at booking a consulate, but maybe email them to ask before booking in.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Well just for anyone who wants to know:

Yes you have to register your child's birth with the consulate. This is also how you get their US passport and social security number.

Also I have had notice from the consulate in Edinburgh that we can register them there even though we live in England. We're very relieved!