Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Kamya postings!! Question to all.....

Wikiposts

Kamya postings!! Question to all.....

Old Jan 8th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kamya postings!! Question to all.....

I was getting ready to post my AOS experience on Kamya when I was shocked to see that someone posted exactly what I had posted on this NG. I would have preferred to re-phrase my whole experience and thus the reason I have taken a while before posting. Is this a normal experience? I thought I was the one to go ahead and post my experience. Why on earth did somebody take it upon themselves to do this? Since it's already out there anyway, how do I go about editing and re-posting? Please advise. Did anyone experience the same thing????? Would I be wrong to say that this is plagiarism especially because no source was sited??
Old Jan 8th 2003, 10:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kamya postings!! Question to all.....

Originally posted by Maggie
I was getting ready to post my AOS experience on Kamya when I was shocked to see that someone posted exactly what I had posted on this NG. I would have preferred to re-phrase my whole experience and thus the reason I have taken a while before posting. Is this a normal experience? I thought I was the one to go ahead and post my experience. Why on earth did somebody take it upon themselves to do this? Since it's already out there anyway, how do I go about editing and re-posting? Please advise. Did anyone experience the same thing????? Would I be wrong to say that this is plagiarism especially because no source was sited??
Are you saying that someone posted under your name on Kamya? When you post your experiences I believe you are to give your e-mail address as well.

Contact Tish directly at: [email protected]
regarding this.

Rete
Old Jan 9th 2003, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete,
Yes, someone posted my experience directly from this NG using my name. I already wrote to [email protected] and I am waiting for the response.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 3:47 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Maggie
Rete,
Yes, someone posted my experience directly from this NG using my name. I already wrote to [email protected] and I am waiting for the response.
My guess is that someone who is anxious to see posting placed on that site, took the liberty of doing it for you. But that's only a guess (but what other explanation could there be?). And is that really such a bad thing? (And I can assure you, I had nothing to do with it :-). I guess I wouldn’t like it either if it was being passed off as “my posting� (something I went out of my way to post on that site) as opposed to someone saying, “we saw a recent report on the newsgroup from someone who experienced this…�. Yes, I’d be mad about it too.

Anybody want to fess up?

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jan 9th 2003 at 5:42 pm.