Wikiposts

K4 I-485 Approved

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:36 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default K4 I-485 Approved

All,

I'd like to report that my stepson's I-485 was approved on Wednesday, 1 June. My I-130 for him had been approved the day before, on 31 May. We got his 'Welcome to the USA' NOA, and the I-130 Approval NOA, in the mail yesterday.

I submitted my I-130 and his I-485, together with my wife's I-485 last August (after 3 false starts squabbling over the fees). They had their interviews 2 months ago, at the beginning of April. My wife is still waiting for her I-485 to be approved.

Regards, JEff
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K4 I-485 Approved

Congrats to your stepson!

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:48 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Great news JEff, congrats to you and your family

Maggie

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
All,

I'd like to report that my stepson's I-485 was approved on Wednesday, 1 June. My I-130 for him had been approved the day before, on 31 May. We got his 'Welcome to the USA' NOA, and the I-130 Approval NOA, in the mail yesterday.

I submitted my I-130 and his I-485, together with my wife's I-485 last August (after 3 false starts squabbling over the fees). They had their interviews 2 months ago, at the beginning of April. My wife is still waiting for her I-485 to be approved.

Regards, JEff
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:47 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

All,

Regards, JEff
Congrats Jeff thats fantastic news for you & yours.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Elaine
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rene, Maggie, Mrs. Shep, and Elaine,

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Had an InfoPass appointment at the Sub Office in Indy this morning (Monday, 6 June) that I had set up several weeks ago to ask for a 2-month post-interview update on the status of my wife's I-485. They told us it had just been approved on Friday, 3 June, her birthday! Great present!

I'm a bit curious as to how my stepson's I-485 got approved before his mother's since we had been told at the interview that although his case was complete he could not be approved until she was because of his derivative status (K3 and K4). Decided not to ask any questions about that and be satisfied with the knowledge that both are now approved.

Thanks again, ladies.

Regards, JEff

All,

Regards, JEff
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:05 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Had an InfoPass appointment at the Sub Office in Indy this morning (Monday, 6 June) that I had set up several weeks ago to ask for a 2-month post-interview update on the status of my wife's I-485. They told us it had just been approved on Friday, 3 June, her birthday! Great present!

I'm a bit curious as to how my stepson's I-485 got approved before his mother's since we had been told at the interview that although his case was complete he could not be approved until she was because of his derivative status (K3 and K4). Decided not to ask any questions about that and be satisfied with the knowledge that both are now approved.

Thanks again, ladies.

Regards, JEff
That is truly wonderfull news Jeff. Bet thats the best belated birthday present your wife has had in a long time huh? One small step for some but a huge leap for you & yours. So happy that for at least a while this is all over for you now. Now you can sit back relax & enjoy life just as you were meant to.

Congrats
Shepslady
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, another round of congratulations for you all! And a belated Happy Birthday to your wife, too

Rene
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

be satisfied with the knowledge that both are now approved.
Belated Congratulations to the family, JEff!
And Happy Birthday to the Missus
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:35 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JEff

Even better news. I'm sure you are all very happy and relieved it's almost over. I know we will be. My son and I travel to UK for our IV interview on Saturday with a medical on Mon so we'll almost be done for a while too.

Congrats to you all

Maggie

Thanks again, ladies.

Regards, JEff
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:26 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

All,

Regards, JEff

That's great JEff. Now your ready made family is almost through the processing. Bet she will be getting hers in the mail soon. Who knows, perhaps like my husband, she won't get a welcome letter and just get the card instead.

Best wishes on a long and happy life for the three of you.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 2:46 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by Maggs
Hi JEff

Even better news. I'm sure you are all very happy and relieved it's almost over. I know we will be. My son and I travel to UK for our IV interview on Saturday with a medical on Mon so we'll almost be done for a while too.

Congrats to you all

Maggie
Goodluck Maggs
Shall look forward to reading all about it when you return home.
Safe travels

Regards
Shepslady
Old Jun 7th 2005, 3:31 am

Thanks, Rete.

His card has arrived in the mail already, and as I posted yesterday she is right behind him. I think that the USCIS is making some substantial improvements, too bad they had so much ground to make up and still have far to go.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete
That's great JEff. Now your ready made family is almost through the processing. Bet she will be getting hers in the mail soon. Who knows, perhaps like my husband, she won't get a welcome letter and just get the card instead.

Best wishes on a long and happy life for the three of you.