Wikiposts

k3 waiting question

Old Apr 9th 2002, 6:06 pm
jrusch

Default k3 waiting question

A friend of mine who is as the tail end of his K3 told me to do this yet I want to
find out from others as well just to make sure

I have the k3 visa filed already, I filed the spouse visa 2 weeks before hand
through TSC. wife in the Philippines Friend says that my wife needs to get certain
documents of which she has half of them already. then when she has them then I am to
get my fiancial documents together along with a letter from employer and 2 ADIT
style photos to send to her along with the k3 visa case number. then she calls that
certain number to get that paperwork to fill out and the medical exam. is this how
it begins to work?

March 20 is when chicago got my application.

Does my wife in the meantime wait for the Embassy to contact her? one of the things I
am wondering about is sending the financial documents too early because I know they
are time sensitive.

anyone care to clear this up for me?

John

Old Apr 9th 2002, 6:06 pm
Michael D. Youn

Default Re: k3 waiting question

[email protected] wrote:

> A friend of mine who is as the tail end of his K3 told me to do this yet I want to
    > find out from others as well just to make sure
    >
    > I have the k3 visa filed already, I filed the spouse visa 2 weeks before hand
    > through TSC. wife in the Philippines Friend says that my wife needs to get certain
    > documents of which she has half of them already. then when she has them then I am
    > to get my fiancial documents together along with a letter from employer and 2 ADIT
    > style photos to send to her along with the k3 visa case number. then she calls that
    > certain number to get that paperwork to fill out and the medical exam. is this how
    > it begins to work?
    >
    > March 20 is when chicago got my application.
    >
    > Does my wife in the meantime wait for the Embassy to contact her? one of the things
    > I am wondering about is sending the financial documents too early because I know
    > they are time sensitive.
    >
    > anyone care to clear this up for me?
    >
    > John

Hi All!

Once you K-3 petition is approved and the embassy receives the approval. Hopefully,
INS will cable the approval. They will send out a letter telling her to call
1-909-101-0011. The Call Center is available on PLDT telephones with NDD or IDD
access. This is a toll call costing 25 pesos per minute, plus NDD charges for calls
outside of Manila. LBC will then delivery the packet of forms and instructions. That
will cost 200 Pesos, but will cover the visa delivery too.

Once she has paid the $45.00 application fee in Pesos. She can them go to St. Lukes
for her medical exam and submit her application. That costs
85.00 in Pesos and figure at least 2 days. If her medical exam and documents are in
order. They send everything to the embassy and you wait. If you are lucky the
visas will be issued in 15 to 21 days. If you are not they may ask for more info
or call her in for an interview.

Document needed.

DS-156 2 copies DS-157 4 Passport type photos Passport NBI clearance and police
clearances for any other country that she lived for over a year NSO birth certificate
on Security Paper NSO marriage certificate on Security Paper Your work letter (make
sure it's not over a month old) Last 3 years of tax forms Copy of K-3 2nd NOA (I made
color copy at Office Depot) Notarized I-134 More proof of relationship, i.e photos,
letters, your boarding passes etc.

Real copy of anything you gave photocopy to INS, i.e. your birth certificate or
divorce papers If there is any problems with her name on birth certificate or
passport you better have her baptism certificate too.

The instructions will from embassy will tell you all this. Just tell her to hold her
ground with people at hospital checking her documents. They will try to tell you that
stuff isn't needed and then later the embassy says you do.

You can call embassy to check on things

011-623-523-1001 press 7 then 5071 or 5072 then #

Try to ask for Kyle and get MNL case number and team number case is assigned. She
speaks English well and seems to want to help you. If they give you the it's in
processing line, ask them what are they waiting on. You can save some time that way
if they need something. Might be waiting forever for them to send notice requesting
a document.

011-632-338-4129 is the immigrant visa section fax number. If you fax anything put
MNL case number and team number on cover sheet with wife's name.

OK that should get you started. LOL

Take care,

Mike