Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 Visa update--Philippines

Wikiposts

K3 Visa update--Philippines

Old Jul 26th 2002, 8:20 am
jrusch

Default K3 Visa update--Philippines

My wife emailed me telling me she has received her K3 visa by courier. That stunned
me because she took her medical exam on July 3 so that is only 3 weeks ago. I figured
it would be another 2 weeks before she heard anything. She still has to get the CFO
stamp. She took the class already. She lives in Manila.

We plan to set September 19 as her exit date because there are some
things she wants to do before leaving home for a while so I have ageed.

Just to let you know, especially those with Filipino spouses etc, What we did was I
printed out all the forms for the k3 packet and sent a set to my wife to fill out
while I waited to get a couple of documents to send to her. this way if she had
questions she could look for answers. Just making wise use of time while waiting. We
also overprepared some to. I dont know if this helped our visa arrive quickly or not
but I would say it could be a good guess.

John in FL

Old Jul 26th 2002, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

arborlis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3 Visa update--Philippines

John,

If you don't mind me asking, how old is your wife? I don't understand why some people get their visas in a few weeks and others must wait months. I've heard age has something to do with it.

Good Luck
Old Jul 26th 2002, 3:20 pm
Steve Hubbard

Great news John...Congrats!...this is what we all were waiting to hear with regard to
Manila...maybe all of the holidays are over now so they can finally get some work
done...I think when the Pope passes gas the Embassy in the Phiippines finds a way to
call it a holiday and take the day off...I talked to the Embassy last month and asked
if my case worker got his hours cut and was just part time...she said no and I asked
how much golf has he been playing...must be all the complaints being forwarded there
that got them off the pot...anyway best wishes..

Old Jul 27th 2002, 1:20 am
Michael D. Youn

arborlis wrote:

> John,
    >
    > If you don't mind me asking, how old is your wife? I don't understand why some
    > people get their visas in a few weeks and others must wait months. I've heard age
    > has something to do with it.
    >
    > Good Luck

Hi All!

With Manila getting a visa is a crap shoot. The only pattern seems to be if the woman
has a child and/or is over a certain age (my guess is mid-30s or older). Basically
anything that raises a question, i.e. names or dates that don't match on documents.
Some people claim that certain officers routinely put people under review.

The main thing to remember is if your relationship is on the level and you haven't
tried to hid something, the visa will be issued sooner or later. If it goes over 3 or
4 months contact your congressman or senator's office for help.

Take care,

Mike

Old Jul 27th 2002, 3:20 am
jrusch

Default Re: K3 Visa update--Philippines-aborlis

My wife is 26. The only thing that I can figure out as to why it was so fast is we
used the waiting time for the approval to get our stuff together. ie I printed out
all the things I found online that would be with the k3 packet she will get. I made
a copy for me and a copy for her. She could fill it out and if she had questions she
could look for answers while waiting. We all send a little more in emails then they
asked for. Other then that I couldnt tell you what happened. I figure if you have
all your bases covered with nothing to question it makes it easier for the embassy
to process and bang,,you get it. I know my wife is organized like that. I am
somewhat organized but I am the kind of person who can have a mess and know where
everything is whereas someone else can look and scratch their head as to what is in
the mess lol.

John in FL