Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 visa: NOA for I129F rec'd What next

Wikiposts

K3 visa: NOA for I129F rec'd What next

Old Feb 9th 2002, 6:45 am
Ashwini

Hi everyone,

Things are rolling along in my attempt to get a K3 for my husband. Today I received a
"Notice of Action" for the I-129F that I sent in for the K3 visa. On the doc steen
site, it said I should be receiving a notice of receipt...

How do I know my application has been forwarded to Missouri? Or can I persume that?
Then how does one know that Missouri has forwarded to the consulate (in may case
Chennai, India)? I know I am asking a lot of question but how soon afterwards can my
husband expect to receive packet # 3.

I am haing one problem with packet #3. I am relatively young and I have not filed
taxes for the last 3 years (only last 2). Will this be an issue? Does anyone know how
to handle/address this issue? Or will this be a big problem?

Thanks again to everyone who is helping with my (our) K3 application.

~Ashwini

Old Feb 9th 2002, 3:47 pm
Bc

Hi,

This is your 1st NOA that they have received your file. Now you will need to wait for
the 2nd NOA (Approval) provided that they don't RFE (Request for Further Evidence).
After you receive a the 2nd NOA then your file will be sent to the Foreign Consulate.
Also you will receive a letter from the NVC (National Visa Center) stating that your
approved petition have been forwared to the Foreign Consulate. Then your Husband will
get Packet 3. After he returns the forms to the consulate then he will receive Packet
4 for Medical and Interview.

- cheers, bc.

Ashwini wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >