Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 visa interview at Mumbai consulate

Wikiposts

K3 visa interview at Mumbai consulate

Old Dec 26th 2001, 5:16 am
Bd

hi,

my wife is in Kolkata and has an interview scheduled for her K3 visa in Mumbai. i
have the foll questions:

1. her apptmt letter did not have form DS-230 part 2. is the part 2 needed?

2. she did not get any form for the medical test. the doctor in Kolkata told her she
should have got a form with her letter. which form is this? I-693 or OF-157 or
DS-2053? i know I-693 is avail on INS site but i don't know where i can get the
other ones.

3. does anyone know what the procedure is to get the medical test done in mumbai?
does she have to get a form from the consulate or do the mumbai hospitals have all
the necessary forms?

4. she has applied for the two polics certificates: local and passport office. any
idea how long these take?

5. in form 156K, question 4 seems to be for K1 (fiancee visa) applicants only. any
idea what to put in this? : If you are now married or were previously married, ans
the following: (a) name of spouse: (b) date and place of marrg: (c) how and when
was marrg terminated? (d) if presently married, how will u marry ur US Citizen
fiance? Explain. (Note: if presently married to anyone, you are NOT eligible for a
fiancee visa)

6. has anyone recd a K3 visa at mumbai? if so, can u pls share any details?

thanks! bd

Old Dec 26th 2001, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical information

First I can only speak of my experience of coming on a fiance visa in October thru the Mumbai Consluate. You can find information about medicals done in Mumbai at this site.
http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html#medical
One has to call a few days in advance to get a date with the hospital. The Breach Candy hospital, which is near the consulate has a special wing solely for the purpose of this examination and the staff guides you through the entire process, one doesn't have to know anything or have any forms, just take the appointment letter and the passport. The fees may be paid in cash the day of the examination. All three hospitals in Mumbai have same day service and the process is very efficient.
Also note that she may wait hours on her appointment date in the consulate and it becomes very chilly in there, so bring a sweater.
Good luck

Old Dec 27th 2001, 1:02 am
Bd

tara,

thanks for the info. i will pass it on to my wife.

meanwhile, i found out answers to some of my earlier questions so i'm posting it here
in case it is useful to others:

1. it seems that DS-230 part 2 is not included in packet 4 for k3. they will make you
fill it out at the interview. my wife went to the consulate in kolkata and this is
what they told her. also got same info from others on another message board.

2. also from other discussion boards, it looks like I-864 is not needed for k3. only
I-134 is needed. i'm still sending both, just to be safe.

the other message board that i've found useful for k3 info is
http://pub83.ezboard.com/fi130helpsiteforumsfrm2

bd