Wikiposts

K3 visa info please!

Old May 5th 2002, 10:40 am
Stacie

Default K3 visa info please!

okay, i dont want this to sound like a stupid question... but it may ;p here goes:

I am a canadian, and i am currently engaged to a US citizen. Is it legal for me to
enter the US as a visitor, marry my fiance, live with him, and apply for a K3 visa
from there? Without having to go back home again? (I live on east coast Canada, he
lives on west coast US... putting a grand total of 3000 miles between us!!) We've
been engaged now for nearly a year, we submitted the I129F form in October of 2001,
we've been contacted telling us they received it... but this waiting is really
beginning to wear down on us (we would never consider giving up! it's just so
frustrating, the waiting...) Would it be at all possible for me to go there, get
married, and inform the INS of everything? Even if we had to file everything over
again and pay for all the forms again, I'd be so willing. Please let me know if this
can be done, or if I should just bite the bullet and wait it all out! Thanks, Stasia

Old May 5th 2002, 3:10 pm
Dabear?

Default Re: K3 visa info please!

Don't go do that now. That would be the worse thing you could do since you have
applied for a I-129F. If you were to enter the US and get married, if they let you
enter since your 129f might be on file, you could be expelled from the US if they
found out. Stick it out Girl, I am in the same boat as you are.

Stacie wrote:

> okay, i dont want this to sound like a stupid question... but it may ;p here goes:
    >
    > I am a canadian, and i am currently engaged to a US citizen. Is it legal for me to
    > enter the US as a visitor, marry my fiance, live with him, and apply for a K3 visa
    > from there? Without having to go back home again? (I live on east coast Canada, he
    > lives on west coast US... putting a grand total of 3000 miles between us!!) We've
    > been engaged now for nearly a year, we submitted the I129F form in October of
    > 2001, we've been contacted telling us they received it... but this waiting is
    > really beginning to wear down on us (we would never consider giving up! it's just
    > so frustrating, the waiting...) Would it be at all possible for me to go there,
    > get married, and inform the INS of everything? Even if we had to file everything
    > over again and pay for all the forms again, I'd be so willing. Please let me know
    > if this can be done, or if I should just bite the bullet and wait it all out!
    > Thanks, Stasia

Old May 6th 2002, 5:40 am
Gina

Default Re: K3 visa info please!

If you enter the US to visit him and then decide to get married while you're there
you you would have less problems. You could stay and adjust status in the US and
would not need a K3. However, you may incur problems entering if you don't have a
legitimate non-immigrant intent reason to enter the US.

dabear® <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Don't go do that now. That would be the worse thing you could do since you have
    > applied for a I-129F. If you were to enter the US and get married, if they let you
    > enter since your 129f might be on file, you could be expelled from the US if they
    > found out. Stick it out Girl, I am in the same boat as you are.
    >
    > Stacie wrote:
    >
    > > okay, i dont want this to sound like a stupid question... but it may ;p
    > > here goes:
    > >
    > > I am a canadian, and i am currently engaged to a US citizen. Is it legal for me
    > > to enter the US as a visitor, marry my fiance, live with him, and apply for a K3
    > > visa from there? Without having to go back home again? (I live on east coast
    > > Canada, he lives on west coast US... putting a grand total of 3000 miles between
    > > us!!) We've been engaged now for nearly a year, we submitted the I129F form in
    > > October of 2001, we've been contacted telling us they received it... but this
    > > waiting is really beginning to wear down on us (we would never consider giving
    > > up! it's just so frustrating, the waiting...) Would it be at all possible for me
    > > to go there, get married, and inform the INS of everything? Even if we had to
    > > file everything over again and pay for all the forms again, I'd be so willing.
    > > Please let me know if this can be done, or if I should just bite the bullet and
    > > wait it all out! Thanks, Stasia