Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 visa available for a Thai citizen?

Wikiposts

K3 visa available for a Thai citizen?

Old Dec 25th 2001, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

cbernard is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, i recently married my girlfriend in Thailand and we are currently trying to get her here to the US before we both go crazy.

I am finding conflicting information as to weather the K3 is even available for her or not. Has anyone had any success with the K3-- or at least has one pending-- who is in the same situation we are?

Thank you and best regards
Old Dec 26th 2001, 1:29 am
Alvena Ferreira

cbernard wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
The consulates have started issuing K-3's now. By the time you could submit one, I
suspect Thailand would also be doing them. You can find more info on K-3's at the doc
steen site. Basically, you file an I-130 for her to the service center for your area,
and when you get a notice of receipt, you file an I-129F for K-3 for her to the
chicago service center. It will take a few months at best for her to get K-3, but
likely less than one year. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jan 11th 2002, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

cbernard is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I just received all her paperwork from a translation center, nicely done and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affirs out there, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Excellent website by the way regarding K3 visa info. I'll stay posted