Reload this Page >

K3 visa approvals lately

Wikiposts

K3 visa approvals lately

Old Jul 18th 2002, 8:20 am
Aracely Ruelas

Default K3 visa approvals lately

Hello, just wanted to know if anybody outthere has gotten an approval from MSC
lately. Here is my timeline: I130- 1st NOA from TSC on Nov.3-2001 I129f 1st NOA from
MSC on May 24, 2002

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jul 18th 2002, 11:20 am
Scott Tiger

Default Re: K3 visa approvals lately

Hello Aracely,

Here is my K3 timeline :

03/08/2002 - Mailed I-130 Petition to Vermont Service Center

03/09/2002 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Chicago INS Office

(my wife has the information) - Received NOA #1 for I-129F

(my wife has the information) - Received NOA #2 for I-129F

03/10/2002 Received Notice sayaing files were transfered to US embassy in
foreign country

03/11/2002 Received Package #3

Just be patient and hang in there.

Best Regards !

Scott

"Aracely Ruelas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, just wanted to know if anybody outthere has gotten an approval from MSC
    > lately. Here is my timeline: I130- 1st NOA from TSC on Nov.3-2001 I129f 1st NOA
    > from MSC on May 24, 2002
    >
    > Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jul 18th 2002, 1:20 pm
Joey

Actually I am awaiting approval from the MSC as well. My wife called her congressman
yesterday (because we can never reach anyone directly at the MSC) and they said they
that service center has had over 7000 inquiries in the past month and a bit and that
they couldn't do anything about the delays unless your date has passed on the 1st NOA
they sent you. So if the paper NOA said between 60 and 180 days (which mine does)
they can't do anything until the 180 days is over. My 130 will be approved before
that. My first NOA for MSC is dated April 26th and still waiting.

Good luck!

> Hello, just wanted to know if anybody outthere has gotten an approval from MSC
    > lately. Here is my timeline: I130- 1st NOA from TSC on Nov.3-2001 I129f 1st NOA
    >

Old Jul 18th 2002, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jo_B will become famous soon enoughJo_B will become famous soon enough

Approved on June 27th for K3/K4 visa's

03-28-02 mailed I-130 petitions to Nebraska

04-06 & 08 -02 received 1st NOA

04-11-02 mailed I-129F petition

04-22-02 received 1st NOA

06-27-02 APPROVED

Currently awaiting package #3. Vancouver Consulate would not open a provisional file for us. We were told they no longer do this for K3 visa's. They've sent out package #3 on July 11th and still has not arrived July 18th. My husband emailed them today asking for another package to be mailed to me. They asked that we wait just a couple of more days, and if it's not in then, email them again and they will send out another.

We wore out the word patience, but always kept our faith.

Good luck to you on your petitions
Jo
Old Jul 19th 2002, 9:20 am
Tanners

Here is my timeline: Married in January in the U.S. Mailed off I-130 to Nebraska -
Feb 12 Received first I-130 NOA - March 8 Mailed off I-129F to Chicago - March 11
Received rejection from Chicago on March 20 (Paid old fee) Resent I-129F to Chicago -
March 21 Received first I-129F NOA - March 29 Received Approval of I-129F - May 23
Received (in Cda) I-129F package from Montreal - June 19 Sent completed I-129F back
to Montreal last Monday Waiting to get Passport returned - all ready to go....

Jo_B <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Approved on June 27th for K3/K4 visa's
    >
    > 03-28-02 mailed I-130 petitions to Nebraska
    >
    > 04-06 & 08 -02 received 1st NOA
    >
    > 04-11-02 mailed I-129F petition
    >
    > 04-22-02 received 1st NOA
    >
    > 06-27-02 APPROVED
    >
    > Currently awaiting package #3. Vancouver Consulate would not open a provisional
    > file for us. We were told they no longer do this for K3 visa's. They've sent out
    > package #3 on July 11th and still has not arrived July 18th. My husband emailed
    > them today asking for another package to be mailed to me. They asked that we wait
    > just a couple of more days, and if it's not in then, email them again and they will
    > send out another.
    >
    >
    > We wore out the word patience, but always kept our faith.
    >
    > Good luck to you on your petitions Jo
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 26th 2002, 5:20 pm
Paul

when did you file these though.....that would help

>

Old Jul 27th 2002, 10:20 am
Aracely Ruelas

I filed my I130 in October 9. 2001 at the Texas Service Center.. I received my first
NOA with a received date of November 3, 2001. I sent my I129f paperwork on May 20,
2002. I received my first NOA on May 30, 2002 with a received date of May 23, 2002. I
still have no second NOA from any of them. The MSC message says it is taking between
60 to 90 days to process the k3. The TSC message says it is taking between 300 to 365
days to process the I130. What a joke.

Old Jul 29th 2002, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

cbernard is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky you. Laguna niguel service center says 815 - 825 days for the I-130.
Old Jul 30th 2002, 3:21 am
Tanners

Here is my timeline. From the day we mailed the I-130 to the day we activated the
visa it took 5 months + 2 weeks:

Note: I'm Canadian, my husband is American.

Married in January 2002 in the U.S. Mailed off I-130 to Nebraska - Feb 12 Received
first I-130 NOA - March 8 Mailed off I-129F to Chicago - March 11 Received rejection
from Chicago on March 20 (Paid old fee) Resent I-129F to Chicago - March 21 Received
first I-129F NOA - March 29 Received Approval of I-129F - May 23 Received (in Cda)
I-129F package from Montreal - June 19 Sent completed I-129F back to Montreal July 15
Received my passport w/completed K3 Visa in it from Montreal July 26. Activated visa
at Peace Bridge in Buffalo (No EAD Stamp) July 27.

Note: They were a little confused with the K3 but they handled everything smoothly.
It took about 20 minutes. I almost convinced the guy to give me the EAD stamp
but his supervisor overheard and said stongly "no" you have to go to your local
INS office in your state or file through the mail with Chicago. I've heard they
won't give EAD at POE anymore.

When I got my package back from Montreal I was a little disappointed though. There
was no letter with instructions or anything - just my passport with the new U.S. visa
page and photo in it and some of my original papers. Thank heavens I was part of this
newsgroup and I knew it still had to be activated at a POE.

Good luck to all of you.

Old Jul 30th 2002, 5:20 am
Kristin

Tanners - Congrats on getting your visa and entering. I guess you didn't have to have
an interview in Montreal? I ask because my fiance and I were at the consulate on the
day you received your visa.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to compare our timelines, as yours almost
exactly matches ours, and yet we went the K-1 route. So, for those Can/Am couples
considering whether to file K-1 vs. marrying and doing K-3, the total time seems
about the same. We also had a glitch, an RFE, which extended our timeline by about a
month. The complete timeline is below. Kristin

February 6, 2002: I-129F petition mailed February 21, 2002 - First NOA April 5, 2002:
RFE April 19, 2002: NSC receives requested info, per automated system May 3, 2002:
Second NOA May 23, 2002: Packet 3 received from Montreal June 25, 2002: Checklist
returned to Montreal July 9, 2002: Interview date received July 26, 2002: Successful
interview in Montreal, K-1 issued!

Tanners wrote:

> Married in January 2002 in the U.S. Mailed off I-130 to Nebraska - Feb 12 Received
    > first I-130 NOA - March 8 Mailed off I-129F to Chicago - March 11 Received
    > rejection from Chicago on March 20 (Paid old fee) Resent I-129F to Chicago - March
    > 21 Received first I-129F NOA - March 29 Received Approval of I-129F - May 23
    > Received (in Cda) I-129F package from Montreal - June 19 Sent completed I-129F back
    > to Montreal July 15 Received my passport w/completed K3 Visa in it from Montreal
    > July 26. Activated visa at Peace Bridge in Buffalo (No EAD Stamp) July 27.

Old Jul 30th 2002, 7:30 am
Jenine Scott

I130 rec'd by TSC on May 15th I129k3 sent to Chicago on June 1st, I129 rec'd date
June 6,2002, but tele says rec'd June 11th, July- waiting 2nd I129 noa. I hope that
it will take 60 days or less. KEEP HOPE ALIVE

[email protected] (Tanners) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Here is my timeline. From the day we mailed the I-130 to the day we activated the
    > visa it took 5 months + 2 weeks:
    >
    > Note: I'm Canadian, my husband is American.
    >
    > Married in January 2002 in the U.S. Mailed off I-130 to Nebraska - Feb 12 Received
    > first I-130 NOA - March 8 Mailed off I-129F to Chicago - March 11 Received
    > rejection from Chicago on March 20 (Paid old fee) Resent I-129F to Chicago - March
    > 21 Received first I-129F NOA - March 29 Received Approval of I-129F - May 23
    > Received (in Cda) I-129F package from Montreal - June 19 Sent completed I-129F back
    > to Montreal July 15 Received my passport w/completed K3 Visa in it from Montreal
    > July 26. Activated visa at Peace Bridge in Buffalo (No EAD Stamp) July 27.
    >
    > Note: They were a little confused with the K3 but they handled everything smoothly.
    > It took about 20 minutes. I almost convinced the guy to give me the EAD stamp
    > but his supervisor overheard and said stongly "no" you have to go to your
    > local INS office in your state or file through the mail with Chicago. I've
    > heard they won't give EAD at POE anymore.
    >
    > When I got my package back from Montreal I was a little disappointed though. There
    > was no letter with instructions or anything - just my passport with the new U.S.
    > visa page and photo in it and some of my original papers. Thank heavens I was part
    > of this newsgroup and I knew it still had to be activated at a POE.
    >
    > Good luck to all of you.

Old Jul 30th 2002, 4:20 pm
Sheryl

Received I-130 NOA March 27th Received I-129F NOA April 10th Still waiting for MSC to
approve our I-129F

Our case seems to be taking longer than anyone I've come across. Very frustrated!!!

Old Jul 31st 2002, 6:20 am
Hetal

My receipt said the same thing. The date on my receipt says they received my
application on May 3rd and I am still waiting for an approval. Went to there Laguna
Niguel office and asked them why they have such a time line on my receipt and the
women said it much be a mistake not to worry and that my husband should be here in 6
months, does not look like it. I also called INS about a month ago and at the time
they said that an officer has been assigned to my case. I guess we will just have to
play the waiting game.

I also applied for the K# visa. Sent it in on June 13th and got a notice from them
that has the date of June 14th. It said its takes between 60-180 days so I guess both
ways all we can do is wait and pray that out cases are approved soon.

Keep me updated it on you case and let me know if they have said anything new to you.

cbernard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Lucky you. Laguna niguel service center says 815 - 825 days for the I-130.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 11:20 am
Richard Sun

Hang in there, the K-3 visa worked out just fine for us.

Here's our current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html