K3 visa

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 visa

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy View Post
h,

How old is the boy? And is his father's name on the birth certificate?

You mentioned that the boy will be traveling back to the UK at least once a year. This is looking a bit far ahead but sfg's post reminds me that should you naturalize while the boy is still under 16 years of age you may be in for quite a treat when you try to get him a US passport.

Regards, JEff

You mean if the son is under the age of 18 when/if the mother naturalizes.

Up until the age of 18 the child automatically becomes a US citizen as well as long as they have a green card.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

michigan_jim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hunsley76 View Post
Yes we have met, its just hard to discuss this in detail with him with the time difference, working, phone call costs...just be easier to sort all of this out when he is in UK.
If he has broadband Internet, you might suggest that he signs up with Vonage -- free calls to the UK (NOTE: this does NOT include calls to cell phones) for a flat rate of $31/month. I was going to ditch my home phone until I discovered this little gem.

Plus, once you come here, it will allow *you* to call family & friends back home for free (well, not counting the $31/month, of course).

DISCLAIMER (of sorts): I am NOT associated with Vonage in any way, except for being a happy customer of theirs.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about Vonage. I use it and it's awesome.

For £8 (yes eight) pounds a month I get free, unlimited calls to the USA, including cell phones. I also get free calls throughout Europe and a lot of other countries, too. There are no hidden charges.

Skype is good but Vonage, imo, is better because with Vonage you can use a regular phone, just hook it up with the gubbins that come with it. Also, you can have a 'local' number which you can take with you anywhere in the world. You take your little Vonage box with you when you travel, hook it up to a computer, hook a phone up to it, and away you go, people can call you as though they were phoning you in the UK.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

michigan_jim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat View Post
I agree about Vonage. I use it and it's awesome.

For £8 (yes eight) pounds a month I get free, unlimited calls to the USA, including cell phones. I also get free calls throughout Europe and a lot of other countries, too. There are no hidden charges.

Skype is good but Vonage, imo, is better because with Vonage you can use a regular phone, just hook it up with the gubbins that come with it. Also, you can have a 'local' number which you can take with you anywhere in the world. You take your little Vonage box with you when you travel, hook it up to a computer, hook a phone up to it, and away you go, people can call you as though they were phoning you in the UK.
Good call (no pun intended), I hadn't even thought of the UK version of Vonage (maybe because my fiancee can't ditch her home phone because that's how she *gets* her Internet, via DSL, so we dismissed that option pretty quickly).

But that's cool that you can do it on either side of the pond. ;-]
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, I mean under 16 years of age. Sixteen being the age when it's no longer necessary to get the approval of both parents for the child to be issued a US passport.

An exception would be if one parent has papers showing sole custody, which this parent does not have. Another exception would be if only one parent's name is on the BC.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
You mean if the son is under the age of 18 when/if the mother naturalizes.

Up until the age of 18 the child automatically becomes a US citizen as well as long as they have a green card.