Wikiposts

k3 visa

Old Mar 22nd 2003, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

pacificsea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k3 visa

I am new to this board but hopefully some one her can help me answer some questions I have about the k-3 visa
I submitted the I 130 Jan 3 2003 received the first noa on Jan 14
Submitted the I 129 for k3 visa on Jan 20 received the first noa on the I 129 Jan 30 received the 2nd noa on mar 18th 2003. Now I am stuck don’t know what do next told my wife to go to the embassy to see if she can get a packet 3 from them even though the paperwork is not there as of yet don’t know if they will do it she is also going to try to get the police cert and change the name on here passport still has her maiden name on it so I guess my question is are we trying to get everything done too fast will the embassy give her a packet 3 she does not have the noa in hand just the receipt number. She also is very shy and does not know Bangkok at all. It is about a 4-hour trip from her home to bkk. Is there any thing that I can do her to help? Maybe someone in Bangkok that can help her. What are your suggestions?
I want to get this done as quickly as possible. I cannot go there personally due to the current situation with Iraq and being active duty military they will not let me. Don’t think she really understand this though. Please help
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

your file is now going to be sent to the NVC (national visa center).
u can either fax them ur reciept letter or call them to see if they have recieved ur information. the number is 603)334-0700
call during EST.
once they have recieved ur info they will send it to the embassy in Bangkok and they will send her a packet 3 with info on medical etc. Talk to someone with more exp with the Bangkok embassy on this forum.
I'd say be prepared to wait another month or 2.
good luck