Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 via Mumbai. Packet 3 received but confused.

Wikiposts

K3 via Mumbai. Packet 3 received but confused.

Old Mar 7th 2002, 5:05 am
Bc

Default K3 via Mumbai. Packet 3 received but confused.

Hello all,

My wife finally received Packet 3 from the Consulate. It contents DS-156, DS-230 part
1 and instruction on what is required at the consulate [such as valid passport,
Regional AND local Police certificate, Wedding album, letters, cards and telepohne
bills of the applicant and petitioner, I-134 Affidavit form, job letter, bank letter.
Birth Certificate (in English) and Marriage Certificate (in English) and 2 passport
size frontal view photos]

Also they only send 1 DS-156 form and the instructions say 'two completely filled
DS-156' form. This is not a big deal as that form can be downloaded from the web.

Now my question: No where in the packet it says what needs to be sent back to the
consulate. What needs to go back to the consulate. Please let me know ...

thx bc.

Old Mar 7th 2002, 3:05 pm
Steve Hubbard

Default Re: K3 via Mumbai. Packet 3 received but confused.

I assume (that makes an "ass out of U and ME) that you are married...but it is
possible to do a K-3 for a fiance as well...1 form DS 156 required now...not
2...download 1 and bring 2 just to be safe...I can speak for Manila only...after her
medical exam the clinic will perform a document check and forward the packet to the
Embassy...if your spouse has not been out of the country no police cert is
required...but get it anyway just to be safe...don't need a wedding album...I put
together 12 pics and they took only 6...if you have receipts that show money
remittences bring that...several cards and letters you sent to her and visa
versa...if you have been divorced include your certified divorce decree...if she has
children she will need to enclose a certified copy of their birth record whether they
are petitioned or not...and this process isn't real quick...we submitted our K-3 the
end of Jan and are still waiting...should be soon though...best of luck..you'll need
all you can get...sh

Old Mar 8th 2002, 12:05 am
Bc

Default Re: K3 via Mumbai. Packet 3 received but confused.

I called the consulate last night and they did say they want TWO DS-156 forms. Also
they said the packet should have included OF-169. They recommend just make a photo
copy of the DS-156 form and fill it out. Send a copy of the cover letter that was
sent by the consulate with Packet 3. This cover letter includes the CASE number and
the name/address.

They did stress Regional Passport Police Certificate, Local Police Certificate,
Original and copy of Marriage Certificate, Original and copy of Birth Certificate,
I-134 completed/notarized with job letter and bank letter. Also said to bring in FULL
wedding album, any information that we were communicating with one another
(letters/cards and phone records from applicant and petitioner)

- bc.

[email protected] (Steve Hubbard) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I assume (that makes an "ass out of U and ME) that you are married...but it is
    > possible to do a K-3 for a fiance as well...1 form DS 156 required now...not
    > 2...download 1 and bring 2 just to be safe...I can speak for Manila only...after
    > her medical exam the clinic will perform a document check and forward the packet to
    > the Embassy...if your spouse has not been out of the country no police cert is
    > required...but get it anyway just to be safe...don't need a wedding album...I put
    > together 12 pics and they took only 6...if you have receipts that show money
    > remittences bring that...several cards and letters you sent to her and visa
    > versa...if you have been divorced include your certified divorce decree...if she
    > has children she will need to enclose a certified copy of their birth record
    > whether they are petitioned or not...and this process isn't real quick...we
    > submitted our K-3 the end of Jan and are still waiting...should be soon
    > though...best of luck..you'll need all you can get...sh