Wikiposts

A K3 Timeline Update

Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A K3 Timeline Update

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
See why I left, and started my own forum.....
The poor guy has trouble reading, and gets yelled at big time.
Sorry JEff, I didn''t think you were like this.

Please take this only as the discussion for which it is intended. People here voiced their anger many times that they don't like the thought of nor the actual censorship of posts when as moderator I would either act on a complaint or act using my own discretionary powers to edit and/or delete offensive posts and language.

I attempted to view your site and to register but could not as a guest view the posts and have never received a password to allow me to do so. You clearly use censorship on your messageboard which is your right and I have no problem with that whatsoever. But curious why it is good for the goose and not the gander.

Rete
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one that thought JEff was having a bit of fun? He didn't call the guy any names or disparage his upbringing. For craps sake, is EVERYBODY thin skinned and PC these days?

I was (unknowingly) screaming my head off in a similar situation once and someone made the, "Stop yelling! You're hurting my ears." comment to me. That was *nicest* thing anybody said to me about it. I got royally roasted and it cured me of that posting style quickly. I thought it was funny.

Originally posted by Rete
Please take this only as the discussion for which it is intended. People here voiced their anger many times that they don't like the thought of nor the actual censorship of posts when as moderator I would either act on a complaint or act using my own discretionary powers to edit and/or delete offensive posts and language.

I attempted to view your site and to register but could not as a guest view the posts and have never received a password to allow me to do so. You clearly use censorship on your messageboard which is your right and I have no problem with that whatsoever. But curious why it is good for the goose and not the gander.

Rete
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Am I the only one that thought JEff was having a bit of fun? He didn't call the guy any names or disparage his upbringing. For craps sake, is EVERYBODY thin skinned and PC these days?

I was (unknowingly) screaming my head off in a similar situation once and someone made the, "Stop yelling! You're hurting my ears." comment to me. That was *nicest* thing anybody said to me about it. I got royally roasted and it cured me of that posting style quickly. I thought it was funny.
Hi Leslie,

I have to admit, when I first readt Jeff's post, I giggled when I saw what he had written. I too thought he was just joking.

Lily,
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Michi
Hi Leslie,

I have to admit, when I first readt Jeff's post, I giggled when I saw what he had written. I too thought he was just joking.

Lily,
Thanks, Michi.

I do understand that the gentleman that it was directed at didn't get the humor, and JEff apologized. But the rest of us should know that JEff is one the most solid, helpful, considerate, (although annoyingly precise ), posters on this NG. He consistently goes out of his way to clarify things for the clueless masses.

Jumping off my soap box for now.

Leslie