Reload this Page >

Is the K3 right for me?

Wikiposts

Is the K3 right for me?

Old Jul 12th 2002, 3:20 pm
Sandra

Default Is the K3 right for me?

Anyone? Please Help...

In Octobe of 2001 My (now) husband came here to the U. S. for a visit and to get our
paperwork together for a k-1 visa. Well after he arrived here... we were told that we
didnt need that... that we could get married with-out it. So.. we did... we filed our
I-130, I-485 and everything that goes with it. Everything was ok.. well he had to
take a trip back to Germany on June 3rd (his gran got very sick)... well needless to
say we did not file a travel document or get an advance parole for him.. so when he
tried to return home he was NOT allowd by the INS. This has really devistated us. We
have checked on- line and different sites. I am so confussed right now. I am getting
things ready for the I-129F now. Can someone please let me know if I am doing the
right thing? All I want is to be re-united with my Husband. He cant get any straight
answers from there ... and I can't get any answers from the INS office here. Thanx to
anyone who has any information for us.

Sandra.

Old Jul 12th 2002, 11:20 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Is the K3 right for me?

Sandra wrote:
    > In Octobe of 2001 My (now) husband came here to the U. S. for a visit and to get
    > our paperwork together for a k-1 visa. Well after he arrived here... we were told
    > that we didnt need that... that we could get married with-out it. So.. we did... we
    > filed our I-130, I-485 and everything that goes with it. Everything was ok.. well
    > he had to take a trip back to Germany on June 3rd (his gran got very sick)... well
    > needless to say we did not file a travel document or get an advance parole for
    > him.. so when he tried to return home he was NOT allowd by the INS. This has really
    > devistated us. We have checked on- line and different sites. I am so confussed
    > right now. I am getting things ready for the I-129F now. Can someone please let me
    > know if I am doing the right thing? All I want is to be re-united with my Husband.
    > He cant get any straight answers from there ... and I can't get any answers from
    > the INS office here. Thanx to anyone who has any information for us.
    >
yes, you can file the I-129f for him, it is probably best to include a copy of the
I-130 notice of receipt that you have received, if you have one. File to the chicago
service center. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jul 13th 2002, 4:20 am
Sandra

Default Re: Is the K3 right for me?

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Sandra wrote:
    > > In Octobe of 2001 My (now) husband came here to the U. S. for a visit and to get
    > > our paperwork together for a k-1 visa. Well after he arrived here... we were
    > > told that we didnt need that... that we could get married with-out it. So.. we
    > > did... we filed our I-130, I-485 and everything that goes with it. Everything
    > > was ok.. well he had to take a trip back to Germany on June 3rd (his gran got
    > > very sick)... well needless to say we did not file a travel document or get an
    > > advance parole for him.. so when he tried to return home he was NOT allowd by
    > > the INS. This has really devistated us. We have checked on- line and different
    > > sites. I am so confussed right now. I am getting things ready for the I-129F
    > > now. Can someone please let me know if I am doing the right thing? All I want is
    > > to be re-united with my Husband. He cant get any straight answers from there ...
    > > and I can't get any answers from the INS office here. Thanx to anyone who has
    > > any information for us.
    > >
    > yes, you can file the I-129f for him, it is probably best to include a copy of the
    > I-130 notice of receipt that you have received, if you have one. File to the
    > chicago service center. Alvena

> Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > =========================================
    > I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
    > gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
    > discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
    > attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
    > =========================================
Thank you... I do not however have the receipt of filing the I-130. We took all the
paperwork to the local INS and filed them there. We "did" get a receipt but, we put
it in my husband's passport....and it must of fell out . I did however get with my
bank and got a tracer put on the cashiers check that we used for the I-130 and got a
copy of the paid check (it has my name and that it was for the I-130 on it). Do you
think that will work? ty