Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 Pending AOS application...now I130 is Approved. What's Next?

Wikiposts

K3 Pending AOS application...now I130 is Approved. What's Next?

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:10 am
Just Joined

mptran72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 Pending AOS application...now I130 is Approved. What's Next?

Hi Everyone,
Just got a quick question and want to see if any expert out there have any suggestions.

My wife was here on K3 visa for about 1 year. We filed the application for AOS with the Atlanta office when she got here. Today I got a letter from INS saying that her original I130 is approved and has been forwarded to NVC. If this is the case would she be getting a packet from the consular abroad at her oversea address soon or do they know that I have filed AOS and will forward the info to local office? What are the options that I have to go forward with this at the shortest time possible?
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:35 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 Pending AOS application...now I130 is Approved. What's Next?

Originally posted by mptran72
Hi Everyone,
Just got a quick question and want to see if any expert out there have any suggestions.

My wife was here on K3 visa for about 1 year. We filed the application for AOS with the Atlanta office when she got here. Today I got a letter from INS saying that her original I130 is approved and has been forwarded to NVC. If this is the case would she be getting a packet from the consular abroad at her oversea address soon or do they know that I have filed AOS and will forward the info to local office? What are the options that I have to go forward with this at the shortest time possible?
Hi
Im in a similar position & from what I know to do the I-130 your wife must return to her home country otherwise you would just notify NVC that you are continuing on with AOS. Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong. In my case returning home to do the I-130 would be a lot faster but this really isnt an option for me at this stage so I am going to do AOS.
Hope this is of some help
Regards
Shepslady