K3 in Pakistan

Old Jan 18th 2003, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

UmairK80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ayisha
He's still on his police report quest, and he's completed 1 out of 3. He's working on his 2nd one right now, and then he's off to home to get the local one.

Has anyone Fed-Exed to Pakistan? Is it reliable? What's the best way to send info there?

I completely forgot Monday is MLK day, which means one more day the embassy will be closed. Oh well, I guess I can wait-it's all I've been doing so far!

Ayisha

hey Ayisha, can you clarify that police certification bit? my wife still hasnt gotten hers done yet, but its currently being "processed" at a local police station. what are the other 2 for for?

fedex to pakistan works, but dont send anything valuable, and where the FedEx airbill asks for the itemization of contents and value, write "NCV" (No Commercial Value). I remember i sent my ID card and some other stuff (letters and other documents) via FedEx a while back in sealed envelopes. when it got to her everything had been neatly opened and someone had gone thru the contents! i'm assuming it was the corrupt Pakistani customs who will do anything to charge the 200% import tax.
Old Jan 18th 2003, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Umair-what I meant by two out of three is that my husband has lived in three different cities in his life, so he has to get police certificates for all of them. He's done with one city, he's in the middle of the second, and then he has to get his local one. He's had to go through steps. First you have to go to the big police station in charge of the district. They give you forms to fill out. You fill them out, and then drop them off at the smalled station, int he city you lived. Get them signed and then take them back to the big statino to get the report issued. it took my husband about 4 days for the entire process for one city. Tell your wife not to let up! Keep asking about it otherwise nothing will get done.

Thanks for the info about the Fed Ex Lizzie and Umair. Good luck on your interviews! Let us know how it goes!

Ayisha
Old Jan 18th 2003, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

James Miles is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ayisha!

Glad to hear things are progressing for you! Quick question for you: I don't know much about taxes and tax forms (other than that I pay too much taxes!). So what is the difference between 1040 and W2? You are saying that you are sending W2s only. Do you think this will be acceptable to the consulate even though they requested 1040s? Just curious what your logic is about the interchangeability of the two forms.

Thanks!

JM

I hope so, James! We really want to be together for Eid, which is around the 12th or the 13th of February (I'm not sure of the EXACT date). We'll see, I guess. My husband is taking it better than I am, and he's being so wonderful! He's still on his police report quest, and he's completed 1 out of 3. He's working on his 2nd one right now, and then he's off to home to get the local one.

In the meantime, I've gotten the I-134 notarized and signed,a nd a letter from my bank. I'm doing everything in triplicate, and I'm sending two copies to him, and keeping one for myself, in case it's needed in the future. I'm planning on Fed-Exing the entire packet once I get my W2s in the mail from the IRS. I hope the embassy accepts tax transcripts, because that's all I have.

Has anyone Fed-Exed to Pakistan? Is it reliable? What's the best way to send info there?

I completely forgot Monday is MLK day, which means one more day the embassy will be closed. Oh well, I guess I can wait-it's all I've been doing so far!

James, you might want to call the embassy again and tell them what your wife has and what they need-it'll put your mind at rest.

Good luck with your interviews!

Ayisha
Old Jan 18th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default worried

Im a little worried now. My lawyer said they mailed the I-130 to VSC on Dec.27th and i still havent recieved a NOA1 for that so I can go ahead and apply for K3.
Should i be worried? Its been three weeks, I thought it took more or less 2 weeks to get a NOA1.
My k3 application is all ready I just need the reciept so I can send it in
Is there anyway to find out what they are doing up there in VSC?? my lawyer keeps telling me to wait.
Old Jan 18th 2003, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Lizzie!! Hoping you will be quickly reunited with your husband too!

JM

Originally posted by lizzie1977

[snip]

BTW, Congratulations James on your wife interview appoit date. Best wishes.
Old Jan 19th 2003, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi James!

Actually the W2s are the forms that your employer sends you so you can file your taxes-the ones that have your income and the taxes you paid all broken down on it. The 1040 is your actual tax return. I don't have all of my 1040s, nor do I have all of my W2s. However, I got tax transcripts from the IRS, which should be a substitute for the 1040s (I hope so!) I'm sending my W2s just to be on the safe side, although I don't know if they're necessary.

Oh, I DO have a question for those of you who have gone through the interview process. Is the person conducting the interview an American officer, or do you deal with a Pakistani person? What are their attitudes like? I was just wondering how tough the interview will actually be once Sohail gets his date. Thanks!

Ayisha
Old Jan 19th 2003, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: worried

Originally posted by salooni110
Im a little worried now. My lawyer said they mailed the I-130 to VSC on Dec.27th and i still havent recieved a NOA1 for that so I can go ahead and apply for K3.
Should i be worried? Its been three weeks, I thought it took more or less 2 weeks to get a NOA1.
My k3 application is all ready I just need the reciept so I can send it in
Is there anyway to find out what they are doing up there in VSC?? my lawyer keeps telling me to wait.
Don't worry, it can take a few weeks. It took almost 3 weeks for me to receive my I-130 NOA1 from CSC. Also keep in mind that they were probably short-staffed during the holidays and likely have a backlog of mail to sort through. As long as your lawyer sent it with some sort of delivery confirmation, and he received confirmation from USPS/Fedex/UPS, you should be fine.

Also, James and Ayeshas, congrats on getting interviews. Good luck to your spouses.

omer
Old Jan 19th 2003, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default thanks

thanks, ill wait one more week b4 contacting my lawyer about the NOA 1. Everyday there is something new to worry about. Now I hear the INS will be a part of Homeland Security. I think this could mean more delays and more rejections. Especially for guys frm Pakistan.
God help us.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 10:48 am
Adonis

Default Re: K3 in Pakistan

Hello,

We are planning to apply for K-3, after first filing I-130. My wife
is USC while I am Pak citizen. Would we need my birth certificate for
initial filing of I-130. And I understand taht we need to submit
copies of our marriage certificate (nikah nama) registered in
Pakitsan. Would notarized copies suffice or do I have to get them
attested by foreign office too?

Thanks.

Old Jan 20th 2003, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Adonis,

You do not require originals of your birth certificate or nikah nama, photocopies will suffice. Originals will be required at the interview. Yes, you will be required to send copies of both with the I-130, so if you do not have a birth certificate, you will either have to get one or acquire one of the alternate forms of proof listed on the forms (school records, attested statement from parents, etc).

You do not need to get them attested by the foreign office, notarization will suffice (though, I believe, even that is not required, but my Pakistani wife had her documents notarized). Any documents in Urdu will also have to be translated into English. It will be best to have the translation attested at the foreign office, but I believe anyone can attest to the translation (attestation of translation is required).

I did not have to go through this as my wife's birth certificate was in English, and our original nikah nama was in English, but others on this thread can probably give you more insight.

Good luck!

omer

Originally posted by Adonis
Hello,

Thanks.
Old Jan 21st 2003, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ayisha!

Thanks for the info. I did not send 1040s or tax transcripts from the IRS to my wife. All I did send was:
+ Notarized I-134
+ Employer letter
+ Savings account bank letter
+ Checking account bank letter
+ W2 for 2001
+ Two paystubs

I don't know if the missing 1040s or equivalent IRS transcripts would be an issue at the interview. I sure hope not. BTW, how long did it take you to acquire the tax transcripts from the IRS? I don't suppose I have time left now to acquire them. I guess now I can only hope that the interview goes well with what I have sent.
[Fingers crossed]

JM

Hi James!

Actually the W2s are the forms that your employer sends you so you can file your taxes-the ones that have your income and the taxes you paid all broken down on it. The 1040 is your actual tax return. I don't have all of my 1040s, nor do I have all of my W2s. However, I got tax transcripts from the IRS, which should be a substitute for the 1040s (I hope so!) I'm sending my W2s just to be on the safe side, although I don't know if they're necessary.

Oh, I DO have a question for those of you who have gone through the interview process. Is the person conducting the interview an American officer, or do you deal with a Pakistani person? What are their attitudes like? I was just wondering how tough the interview will actually be once Sohail gets his date. Thanks!

Ayisha
Old Jan 21st 2003, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi Adonis!

We submitted copies attested by the foreign office. This was just to be on the safe side. I do not know if it's a stringent requirement but it doesn't hurt!

JM

Originally posted by Adonis
Hello,

Thanks.
Old Jan 21st 2003, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

I just called the embassy, and we have an interview date!!!!

My husband doesn't want me posting the date until he has his interview, so I can't give you an exact date, but it IS before Eid, and it's in the beginning of February! I'm so excited!!!

James, it took two weeks to get the tax transcripts, and they're free. You never know-you might get them in time. I'm not sure what the website is, but do a search on this board for tax transcripts, and they'll give you a URL where you can print the form.

I'm so excited! Now if my husband will pick up is phone (where IS he???) then I can share the news with him!!!

Ayisha
Old Jan 21st 2003, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default great

congrats! im so happy for u guys. good luck and keep us posted!
Old Jan 21st 2003, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ayisha!

Wow cool!! That's great news! Hopefully you'll be with your husband before Eid. Congrats and good luck!

BTW, I was tripping about the tax forms for no reason. I actually did send the 1040 for 2001 to my wife so she has everything requested for the interview. I don't know what I was thinking! Duuuhhh!!

Best Regards,

JM

I just called the embassy, and we have an interview date!!!!

My husband doesn't want me posting the date until he has his interview, so I can't give you an exact date, but it IS before Eid, and it's in the beginning of February! I'm so excited!!!

James, it took two weeks to get the tax transcripts, and they're free. You never know-you might get them in time. I'm not sure what the website is, but do a search on this board for tax transcripts, and they'll give you a URL where you can print the form.

I'm so excited! Now if my husband will pick up is phone (where IS he???) then I can share the news with him!!!

Ayisha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.