K3 in Pakistan

Old Feb 1st 2003, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

UmairK80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: success

Originally posted by salooni110
hi umair, quick question. i am planning to visit my husband during the summer, and he might have his interview date around then. will i be able to sit with him and go with him to the actual interview? someone told me USC are not allowed to be at the interview but i guess it depends on the embassy.
thanks
you can go inside. take your passport. its comforting to have someone by your side. as ayisha pointed out, 6 hours of waiting, staring at bush, powell, and cheney grinning, waiting, watching cnn repeat itself 6 times, and then even more waiting will turn the strongest into a nervous wreck. ironically you have to sit next to the windows where nonimmigrant visa seekers apply (students, visit, etc. etc.). since most of them are subjected to rigorous questioning and then denied visas anyways - it leads you to imagine perpetual doom. the family immigration side is really nice though (they're behind you - the seating arrangment is in such a way that you have three options, either stare at one of the people in the pictures mentioned above, stare at cnn, or crane your neck and try to get a glimpse of whats going on behind the bulletproof glass.) nonetheless the meanest people in there are the pakistani staff. the american consular staff is nice and extremely pleasant, unless you're lying to them - which they have a way of seeing right thru (i guess they've heard all the lies and seen all the tricks).

personally i went up to the windows to explain that we had forgot her xrays, and they told me to sit down and let them take care of things. they call you three times to the windows. once for the documents, then for the money, and finally for the interview.
Old Feb 1st 2003, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

James Miles is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ayisha! I'll pass on your good luck to my wife
Stay tuned for another exciting episode of "The K3 Files" airing soon!

JM

Originally posted by Ayisha

[snip]

James-good luck on the interview! Make sure you let us know how it goes!!
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

me&molly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to the forum

hi everyone!!! i'm new to all this and am just getting started on the k-1 visa for my fiancee who lives in pakistan. i hear you guys talking about a police certificate. is thie police certificate mandatory?... because this is the first i've heard of it. also, does anyone know the average time it takes from applying for the k-1 to getting a interview date? i'll be going through the vermont center in the US and the consulate in islamabad.

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: new to the forum

Hello me & molly!

Not quite sure if you are "me" or "molly." If I take the meaning of the word completely correctly then you are "me" and your finacee is "molly" ! Pardon me if am wrong here but check out earlier posts in this thread for mine and other's timeline. I'd imagine a wait of at least 5 months assuming everything goes as planned. Good luck to you in your endeavor!

Regards,

JM

Originally posted by me&molly
hi everyone!!! i'm new to all this and am just getting started on the k-1 visa for my fiancee who lives in pakistan. i hear you guys talking about a police certificate. is thie police certificate mandatory?... because this is the first i've heard of it. also, does anyone know the average time it takes from applying for the k-1 to getting a interview date? i'll be going through the vermont center in the US and the consulate in islamabad.

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Heloo me&molly! Pardon James' and my giddiness, we're very excited because our spouse's interview dates are coming up! (James! Yours is tonight, our time! Can you believe it?????)

Yes, your fiance needs police certificates. (S)he needs to get them from every city (s)he has lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 16. My husband got them from everywhere he's lived, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck! I hear Vermont is VERY quick!!!

Ayisha
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road
Default Good Luck James and Wife!!!

Hay James,

Best of lucks to your wife in her interview, I hope everything will go smooth and fast and that you two will be together soonl.

Let us know how was it please

God bless you!

Lizzie
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 1:45 pm
Ronald Austin

Default Re: K3 in Pakistan

The police certificate isn't needed for the I-129F petition, but is
mandatory at the interview for the K-1.

"me&molly" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > hi everyone!!! i'm new to all this and am just getting started on the
    > k-1 visa for my fiancee who lives in pakistan. i hear you guys talking
    > about a police certificate. is thie police certificate mandatory?...
    > because this is the first i've heard of it. also, does anyone know the
    > average time it takes from applying for the k-1 to getting a interview
    > date? i'll be going through the vermont center in the US and the
    > consulate in islamabad.
    > thanks in advance.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ayisha & Lizzie! I will post results as soon as I find out tonite. Just hoping everything will be cool and I'll have some good news to report

JM
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

James, are you online? I just sent you private message...
Old Feb 4th 2003, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Default K3 visa A-OK!!

Hi All!

I just got word that my wife got her K3 visa! I haven't gotten details from her since she's still at the consulate waiting for the stamp on her passport but she passed the interview (she called from there with a cellie). I'll post about the interview once I find out more. Hey Ayisha & Lizzie, cheer up! This is a good sign that your husband's interviews will go well too!

Cheers,

JM
Old Feb 4th 2003, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Oh my goodness! Congratulations James!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
Old Feb 4th 2003, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gr8

yayyyyyyyyy
)
Old Feb 4th 2003, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3 visa A-OK!!

Congratulations James! Wish you and your wife the best.

BTW, my wife received her plastic green card last week. A very cool piece of plastic. Kind of like the CA driver's license, but with a nice hologram image of the front of the green card on the back, including the picture. I venture it is relatively non-forgeable.

omer

Originally posted by James Miles
Hi All!

I just got word that my wife got her K3 visa!
Old Feb 4th 2003, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, James!
Old Feb 4th 2003, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by James Miles
Hi All!

I just got word that my wife got her K3 visa! I haven't gotten details from her since she's still at the consulate waiting for the stamp on her passport but she passed the interview (she called from there with a cellie). I'll post about the interview once I find out more. Hey Ayisha & Lizzie, cheer up! This is a good sign that your husband's interviews will go well too!

Cheers,

JM

Hi James,

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

My best wishes to you and your wife.

Post details as soon as you are able to.

LIzzie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.