Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K3 message not available

Wikiposts

K3 message not available

Old May 9th 2002, 10:20 am
jrusch

Default K3 message not available

I called the MSC twice now to find out my status on the k3. it is nearly 2 months
now. it says that that info cannot be found. that worries me especially in knowing
that some of you have gotten the 15-20 days recorded message.

my wife called the Embassy in Manila to get the packet to get ahead of the game BUT
they said they could not find the name of RUSCH and that I had to wait for approval.
my receipt number begins with MSC and they said it is supposed to be MNI.

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me as to what I should do?

thank you John

Old May 9th 2002, 8:20 pm
Richard Sun

Default Re: K3 message not available

MSC is correct for the K3 visa because it's the only service center that handles
this. Have you been able to get anyone on the phone? So you have received your NOA
#1? and are waiting for NOA #2?

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 10th 2002, 9:20 am
DEADn

I have not been able to get anyone on the phone. I did call the NSC but I got put on
hold and I get this recorded message over and over and over again with the guy
hanging up.. that gets old so I hung up. For me the biggest irritation is hearing
this message of info not found deal going on. I mean,,what is that?? I had my wife
call the Manila embassy to get the packet even though I am not approved yet and they
told her they cant find our last name and that the case number should begin with MNL
instead of MSC.

John

Old May 10th 2002, 1:20 pm
Chris Anderson

My advice is to - Call and Fax your Congressman ASAP - .

I waited 2 months without receiving anything.

I bought a Fax machine - I think Congreeman like Faxes bettewr than email. My emails
went unanswered. Calling and faxing documents - finally worked. I suppose you could
also call and mail documents.

I still haven't received 1 piece of mail from MSC. I got my case number from my
Congressman. Anyway after 2 weeks I was approved May 9th. The message says I'm
approved. I filed I-129F for K-3 about Feb 15th 2002. Oh my God - so many problems.

We don't get mail at many phyisical addresses in Hawaii. I should have only used my
PO Box. But it's still hard to belive the mail never reached me.

I think the hard part is over now. I'm one happy guy.

Without my Congressmans help I would still be waiting.

Aloha, Chris

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I called the MSC twice now to find out my status on the k3. it is nearly 2 months
    > now. it says that that info cannot be found. that worries me especially in knowing
    > that some of you have gotten the 15-20 days recorded message.
    >
    > my wife called the Embassy in Manila to get the packet to get ahead of the game BUT
    > they said they could not find the name of RUSCH and that I had to wait for
    > approval. my receipt number begins with MSC and they said it is supposed to be MNI.
    >
    > Can anyone fill in the blanks for me as to what I should do?
    >
    > thank you John

Old May 10th 2002, 3:20 pm
jrusch

woops I accidently posted the above from another adress. sorry John

Old May 11th 2002, 12:20 am
jrusch

Default Re: K3 message not available..CHRIS

I am thinking along the same lines as you. the only thing that bothers me about my k3
visa is that when I call the number instead of getting maybe a bogus answer of 20
days the info says that that info cannot be found. even when my wife called the
Embassy in Manila they said they could not find my last name. my mom has a fax so I
can eventually use her. I will wait maybe up to another month? It would be a joke for
them to have lost my k3 ALREADY!!!

John

Old May 11th 2002, 2:20 pm
Richard Sun

So you have your first NOA and are waiting for the second NOA? THen just to confirm,
they also cashed your check that you sent them? I would definitely try and get a hold
of someone on the phone.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 11th 2002, 7:20 pm
Null

?? would it, we are talking about a federal agency and of course federal emp's. Need
more be said?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > I am thinking along the same lines as you. the only thing that bothers me about my
    > k3 visa is that when I call the number instead of getting maybe a bogus answer of
    > 20 days the info says that that info cannot be found. even when my wife called the
    > Embassy in Manila they said they could not find my last name. my mom has a fax so I
    > can eventually use her. I will wait maybe up to another month? It would be a joke
    > for them to have lost my k3 ALREADY!!!
    >
    > John