my wife is going for her k3 interview soon and i am a bit nervous
about the photo album because we don't have pictures of the fire or us
walking in the "feras" or circles. can anyone who had a k3 interview
(recent, old, doesn't matter, but recent is better) just give some
insight on what exactly they're looking for? if you can just tell me
what they asked you specifically regarding the photo album i would
really appreciate it. i will be there standing outside and we have
enough pics to be fine....but you know how it is...as it gets closer,
you start thinking more and more...thanks...

Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:34 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 Interview, Mumbai, question about photo album

I don't think they even ask for photos at the K3. I think that is only the K1. Have they actually asked her to bring photos?

Leslie

Originally posted by Hero
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:17 pm
Hero

Yes they did.

Leslie66 <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I don't think they even ask for photos at the K3. I think that is only
    > the K1. Have they actually asked her to bring photos?
    >
    >
    >
    > Leslie
    >
    >
    >
    > Originally posted by Hero
    >
    > > my wife is going for her k3 interview soon and i am a bit nervous
    >
    > > about the photo album because we don't have pictures of the fire or us
    >
    > > walking in the "feras" or circles. can anyone who had a k3 interview
    >
    > > (recent, old, doesn't matter, but recent is better) just give some
    >
    > > insight on what exactly they're looking for? if you can just tell me
    >
    > > what they asked you specifically regarding the photo album i would
    >
    > > really appreciate it. i will be there standing outside and we have
    >
    > > enough pics to be fine....but you know how it is...as it gets closer,
    >
    > you start thinking more and more...thanks...

Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hero,

Really?!?!?! I'm shocked. I had no idea. Crap, now I have to try to get that all organized.

I'm sorry Hero, but we have a little culture gap here. When you are talking about the "feras" or "circles", are you referring to your wedding ceremony? Did they actually ask for photos of your wedding ceremony? Because I don't have any wedding photos either. What we had in Morocco is the equivalent to a civil ceremony in the US (courthouse wedding), and there really wasn't anything to photograph.

Can you go in to a little more detail for us?

Leslie

Yes they did.

Leslie66 <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I don't think they even ask for photos at the K3. I think that is only
    > the K1. Have they actually asked her to bring photos?
    >
    >
    >
    > Leslie
    >
    >
    >
    > Originally posted by Hero
    >
    > > my wife is going for her k3 interview soon and i am a bit nervous
    >
    > > about the photo album because we don't have pictures of the fire or us
    >
    > > walking in the "feras" or circles. can anyone who had a k3 interview
    >
    > > (recent, old, doesn't matter, but recent is better) just give some
    >
    > > insight on what exactly they're looking for? if you can just tell me
    >
    > > what they asked you specifically regarding the photo album i would
    >
    > > really appreciate it. i will be there standing outside and we have
    >
    > > enough pics to be fine....but you know how it is...as it gets closer,
    >
    > you start thinking more and more...thanks...
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:24 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

hbd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there...i didnt do a k3 ..got a k1 recently though. Although they had asked for proof of engagement as one of the requirements we didnt have ANY of it ...coz we never had a engagement ceremony really-I wasnt even wearing a ring! Since we r planning to have a engagement ceremony b4 we leave for the US.(HE NEVER ASKED ME FOR THE CEREMONY PICTURES )

I think what they do is try to see the overall relationship and how real it seems to them. If for any reason they think they need more details then they move on to pictures and stuff. Im guessing i was also lucky with the consular officer.

He did see all the pictures of me and fiance togather...so all photos/albums u have shud be carried. Ur wife shud also check that she knows everyone in the pictures.

I hope my experience gives u some courage..

All the best !!

Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hero

Yes they will ask for your marriage pics and its necessary that u have the fire ceremony pics i.e is the "ferra pics" Thats what proves a ligitimate Hindu Marriage. I hope u have ur Marriage certificate atleast . For HINDU Marriage there are some things u have to follow and for a engagement ceremony its not same , sometimes there is not even an engagement ceremony at all. SO mAYBE THEY ARE NOT so eager to see engagement ceremony pics and leslie66 i dont think u need marriage ceremony pics as hero needs of his marriage SINCE he is a Hindu and his requirements are different and also his wifes interview embassy is india.
Best of luck

Last edited by makkabokka; Nov 5th 2003 at 2:34 am.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 3:27 am
WTF?

Thanks makkabokka.

I know that the embassies are all different, I'm just trying to get everything they could possibly ever dream of asking together because I'm paranoid. It seems like they are making you guys show an awful lot of proof. Why isn't the marriage certificate good enough?

Leslie

Originally posted by makkabokka
Hi Hero

Yes they will ask for your marriage pics and its necessary that u have the fire ceremony pics i.e is the "ferra pics" Thats what proves a ligitimate Hindu Marriage. I hope u have ur Marriage certificate atleast . For HINDU Marriage there are some things u have to follow and for a engagement ceremony its not same , sometimes there is not even an engagement ceremony at all. SO mAYBE THEY ARE NOT so eager to see engagement ceremony pics and leslie66 i dont think u need marriage ceremony pics as hero needs of his marriage SINCE he is a Hindu and his requirements are different and also his wifes interview embassy is india.
Best of luck
Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Leslie66

The consulate in mumbai, from our experience, wants everything that you can think of to show proof of a "real relationship". The more the better. I guess the more evidence you have the better it shows you are a "legit couple". This is not required, but I provided them affidavits from my parents that they approve of our upcomming marriage, etc. For the interview, we had about 7 pounds (3.8kg) of papers, maybe more I think. I guess this was not enough for them as were placed under review. I have no idea what possibly they wanted from us. Tons of emails, phone bills, im from yahoo, aol, and msn and postal cards were provided. For India, you have to prove that you are not lying. You need documentation to back up your love for each other. Anything that is written on paper, we provided.

We had to provide 3 years tax returns. They kept the current year but glanced at the other years. The job statement was very important. They held it like it was gold.

amy

Originally posted by Leslie66
Thanks makkabokka.

I know that the embassies are all different, I'm just trying to get everything they could possibly ever dream of asking together because I'm paranoid. It seems like they are making you guys show an awful lot of proof. Why isn't the marriage certificate good enough?

Leslie
Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:27 am
WTF?

Hi amys,

That's harsh. I hope everything turns out for you. I have actually heard how rough India is, I just didn't know any details. Good luck!!

Leslie

Originally posted by amys
Leslie66

The consulate in mumbai, from our experience, wants everything that you can think of to show proof of a "real relationship". The more the better. I guess the more evidence you have the better it shows you are a "legit couple". This is not required, but I provided them affidavits from my parents that they approve of our upcomming marriage, etc. For the interview, we had about 7 pounds (3.8kg) of papers, maybe more I think. I guess this was not enough for them as were placed under review. I have no idea what possibly they wanted from us. Tons of emails, phone bills, im from yahoo, aol, and msn and postal cards were provided. For India, you have to prove that you are not lying. You need documentation to back up your love for each other. Anything that is written on paper, we provided.

We had to provide 3 years tax returns. They kept the current year but glanced at the other years. The job statement was very important. They held it like it was gold.

amy
Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Leslie66,

This happened last year. My husband is here with me now. We finally got thru after 4 months of review. Its hard to look back and see how we were treated. I cringe when I think of those days. But its over now and we are happy we made it alive to tell our case.

For your case, just provide alot of documentation. It never hurts to bring alot of papers, except maybe your back. Bring alot of photographs of both of you together.

amy

Hi amys,

That's harsh. I hope everything turns out for you. I have actually heard how rough India is, I just didn't know any details. Good luck!!

Leslie
Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:53 am
WTF?

Cool.

Originally posted by amys
Leslie66,

This happened last year. My husband is here with me now. We finally got thru after 4 months of review. Its hard to look back and see how we were treated. I cringe when I think of those days. But its over now and we are happy we made it alive to tell our case.

For your case, just provide alot of documentation. It never hurts to bring alot of papers, except maybe your back. Bring alot of photographs of both of you together.

amy
Old Nov 5th 2003, 5:09 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Cool.

Hey there Guys!!

We had a small civil wedding, my sister was the photographer, we are planning on having a big fat wedding next year (That was irrelevant but oh well I wanted to share that). We took the pictures with a digital camera, I am taking the Cd I burned to the store so I can get "paper" Pictures. My question now is.. are the wedding pictures enough?, I have tons of pictures of us together when I was there when he came here to visit me (2 times), should I bring them as a proof too?. I want to gather as much evidence as I can, I am a worrier!
Take care!!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 5:43 pm
Bob

hero,
They will definately ask for pics. My wife recently got her K3 from del.
They went thru the whole album and asked for initial e-mails ..

Hypertweeky <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Leslie66
    >
    > > Cool.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey there Guys!!
    >
    >
    >
    > We had a small civil wedding, my sister was the photographer, we are
    > planning on having a big fat wedding next year (That was irrelevant
    > but oh well I wanted to share that). We took the pictures with a
    > digital camera, I am taking the Cd I burned to the store so I can get
    > "paper" Pictures. My question now is.. are the wedding pictures enough?,
    > I have tons of pictures of us together when I was there when he came
    > here to visit me (2 times), should I bring them as a proof too?. I want
    > to gather as much evidence as I can, I am a worrier!
    >
    > Take care!!

Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Hmmm so whats wrong with my case? today its 4 months and 10 days Iam on review and no reply from them
I think if ur an Indian and u r married in india its obsolutely necessary that u need to have the fire ceremony pics that ceremony is THE cermony of marriage, exchanging garland and then tieing "mangalsutra" comes after that. To get a marriage certificate in India exchanging garlands or lets says any pics will do.
I dont know more about other religion but foir muslims its necessary that Kazi acknowledge it and gives it in writing and ofcourse photos but the bride and groom and not together. Well personal family pics during the marriage can be taken privately given the circumstances. about Christans i dont need to say anything,
BUT in India pics and certificate are important alteast when it come to proving ur marriage to the embassy.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Hey Makkabokka,

Our review took exactly 4 months and 3 days. Looks like you are getting close. Don't worry, you will hear from them soon. I know the waiting sucks. Hang in there.

yes, the indian consulates go strictly with indian customs. If anything is different from the usual norm they will question it.

For others who are going to different consulates(other countries) don't get to worried. India is really tough and they abide with their own strict standards.

amy

QUOTE]Originally posted by makkabokka
Hi

Hmmm so whats wrong with my case? today its 4 months and 10 days Iam on review and no reply from them
I think if ur an Indian and u r married in india its obsolutely necessary that u need to have the fire ceremony pics that ceremony is THE cermony of marriage, exchanging garland and then tieing "mangalsutra" comes after that. To get a marriage certificate in India exchanging garlands or lets says any pics will do.
I dont know more about other religion but foir muslims its necessary that Kazi acknowledge it and gives it in writing and ofcourse photos but the bride and groom and not together. Well personal family pics during the marriage can be taken privately given the circumstances. about Christans i dont need to say anything,
BUT in India pics and certificate are important alteast when it come to proving ur marriage to the embassy. [/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.