k3 interview checklist Pakistan

Wikiposts

k3 interview checklist Pakistan

Old Jul 19th 2004, 4:14 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k3 interview checklist Pakistan

Does anyone know a FULL checklist of what my wife needs to take with her to the k3 visa interview in Islamabad pakistan?

Also what form do I do? I-864 or I-134?

thanks
Old Jul 19th 2004, 4:45 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k3 interview checklist Pakistan

Originally posted by zeo
Does anyone know a FULL checklist of what my wife needs to take with her to the k3 visa interview in Islamabad pakistan?

thanks
Can you not email them?
Consular Section
For Non-Immigrant Visa Information: [email protected]
For Immigrant Visa Information: [email protected]
Telephone Information Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 4:49 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by cindyabs
Can you not email them?
Consular Section
For Non-Immigrant Visa Information: [email protected]
For Immigrant Visa Information: [email protected]
Telephone Information Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
thanks sooooooooooooooo MUCH! I did email them this morning but I wanted to know someone's experience if possible or the basic information i need, do I need to do the I-864 or I-34? Which one?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 5:08 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by zeo
thanks sooooooooooooooo MUCH! I did email them this morning but I wanted to know someone's experience if possible or the basic information i need, do I need to do the I-864 or I-34? Which one?

I don't know, I didn't do Pakistan, we did the UK and that was the 134.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

saadq17 is an unknown quantity at this point

No need to worry, the Islamabad embassy will send your wife a checklist of what to bring. I put this post long time ago:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=186873

Add DS-230 Part 1 to that list. (superdesi was right).

The checklist might have changed a bit, but its a good starting point.

I downloaded, printed out and sent these forms to my wife. You have to filled out I-134. (Its mentioned in the checklist that she'll get)

They don't allow u to drive into the diplomatic enclave. u hav two options:

1- catch the bus from somewhere around the convention center.
2- Have a relative/friend in the army drop off your wife (ppl in the army are allowed to enter the diplomatic enclave)

Tip: Call up IRS and get "tax transcripts". they come in about 2 weeks, are free , are asked for, but are not in the checklist that she'll be receiving.

No need to worry about the questions asked, just make sure she knows what forms she's carrying. Have her take wedding pics along.

Sorry for the mixed up response.. I hope it helps.

Make sure to apply for her EAD when she gets here and update her address.

Best of Luck!
--saad

Originally posted by zeo

thanks
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:07 pm
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by saadq17
No need to worry, the Islamabad embassy will send your wife a checklist of what to bring. I put this post long time ago:

The checklist might have changed a bit, but its a good starting point.

I downloaded, printed out and sent these forms to my wife. You have to filled out I-134. (Its mentioned in the checklist that she'll get)

They don't allow u to drive into the diplomatic enclave. u hav two options:

1- catch the bus from somewhere around the convention center.
2- Have a relative/friend in the army drop off your wife (ppl in the army are allowed to enter the diplomatic enclave)

Tip: Call up IRS and get "tax transcripts". they come in about 2 weeks, are free , are asked for, but are not in the checklist that she'll be receiving.

No need to worry about the questions asked, just make sure she knows what forms she's carrying. Have her take wedding pics along.

Sorry for the mixed up response.. I hope it helps.

Make sure to apply for her EAD when she gets here and update her address.

Best of Luck!
--saad
Get her EAD? Which forms to file once she is in the USA?
How do I update her address?
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by zeo
address =
(1) ar-11 (file within 10 days she gets here)
(2) Also call the National Benifits Center to tell them that your wife is here. If I remember correctly, this was for the I-130. They will mail you a confirmation that the address has been changed in their records.

EAD = I-765 . Very simple form.

I first updated her address then applied for her EAD. Here's the sequence:

You apply and get the EAD
You use the EAD and get a Social Security number.

Also, start looking around for Health insurance. Some insurance require a SS or ITIN number.

--saad
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 12:26 pm

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by saadq17

Wassup Saad. It's been a long time since I lurked around here.

Unfortunately, my marriage life has gone downhill ever since my wife got over here. Things are not working out & I am thinking of some solution options.

How are things with you? What's your status?
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:38 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by zeo

thanks
Clean your inbox!!

I am trying to send you some valuable information!!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:41 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by superdesi
Wassup Saad. It's been a long time since I lurked around here.

Unfortunately, my marriage life has gone downhill ever since my wife got over here. Things are not working out & I am thinking of some solution options.

How are things with you? What's your status?
I am sorry to hear that, Here's a huggie for you ((Desi)).. hope you can work things out with your wife!
I still have the list of documentation your wife brought for her K3 visa
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:49 pm

Originally posted by zeo

He meant.. apply for her EAD upon arrival, all you need to know is here:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm
Why do you need to update the address??, have you moved recently?, if yes, this is what you have to do:
Call the miss-information line and let them know about the change.. if you don't get a notification that your address has been changed in 1-2 months.. write the service center a letter.
The Ar-11 DOES NOT change the address of a pending application, so be sure to do what I said
The AR-11 is to notify the Department of Homeland Security that the address of the ALIEN.. has changed.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:06 pm

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I am sorry to hear that, Here's a huggie for you ((Desi)).. hope you can work things out with your wife!
I still have the list of documentation your wife brought for her K3 visa
Thanks Hyper! How are you doing?
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by superdesi
Thanks Hyper! How are you doing?
superdesi,

I hope you can work things out. Ups and downs occur in all marriages, I guess its part of the deal. May Allah make things easy for you both.

Hyper, I think I got confused about the address stuff because I changed address the day my wife arrived ...... thanks for the correction.

Sorry for replying late .... I've been out of touch of this forum for a long time ....

Take care
--saad
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

pkmk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zeo

thanks

hi zeo can u plz tellme in how many month ur wife I -129f approved ? plzzzzzz bec im waiting for an approval of I 129F thanx alot plzzzz