Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

k3 inquiry /info not found

Wikiposts

k3 inquiry /info not found

Old May 24th 2002, 2:20 pm
jrusch

Default k3 inquiry /info not found

March 21, 2002 was my receipt notice for the k3. May 21 was my 60 days. I have called
the MSC several times already and the answering machine for my number says that the
info cannot be found at this time which leads me to believe they havent gotten to it
to put it in the computer? I see a number of people who hear things like 15-21 days.
Yet I am left with info cannot be found

My only consolation is I found some info stating the MSC stopped processing for 2-3
weeks to install some computer equipment. if this is the case I could be waiting
that much longer but I am wondering if I should begin to worry right now as to why
I am still getting the 'information cannot be found at this time' message. I know
that realy the only option is to contact a congressman yet it is too early to do
that as yet

anybody got any comments on this? just makes me scratch my head as to why? though the
downtime makes some sense

John

Old May 24th 2002, 9:20 pm
Oyster

Default Re: k3 inquiry /info not found

The current average waiting time is 60 days. I received my 2nd NOA on April 29, 62
days after filing the I-129F. If you do not receive your approval by the middle of
June, it may be time to go the congressional route.

///////////////////

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > March 21, 2002 was my receipt notice for the k3. May 21 was my 60 days. I have
    > called the MSC several times already and the answering machine for my number says
    > that the info cannot be found at this time which leads me to believe they havent
    > gotten to it to put it in the computer? I see a number of people who hear things
    > like 15-21 days. Yet I am left with info cannot be found
    >
    > My only consolation is I found some info stating the MSC stopped processing for 2-3
    > weeks to install some computer equipment. if this is the case I could be waiting
    > that much longer but I am wondering if I should begin to worry right now as to why
    > I am still getting the 'information cannot be found at this time' message. I know
    > that realy the only option is to contact a congressman yet it is too early to do
    > that as yet
    >
    > anybody got any comments on this? just makes me scratch my head as to why? though
    > the downtime makes some sense
    >
    > John

Old May 24th 2002, 10:20 pm
Oyster

The current average waiting time is 60 days. I received my 2nd NOA on April 29, 62
days after filing the I-129F. If you do not receive your approval by the middle of
June, it may be time to go the congressional route.

Old May 25th 2002, 6:20 am
Eileen

I love oysters. Eileen

"oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message .

Old May 25th 2002, 11:20 am
Oyster

Eileen,

Enjoy them, but only in the presence of your husband, if you know what I mean. Love
your e-mail address! Where are you in your K-3 process?

Ersten

Old May 25th 2002, 12:20 pm
Eileen

Hi Ersten, we did DCF in the Netherlands and it took 2 months. So K-3 is silly if you
are a Dutch/American couple. My husband has been home(in America) for 14 months now.
Thanks for asking. BTW, I also like liver and onions and my toast sliced diagonal. I
can't eat bread if it is sliced rectangle. Just one of those things....life is way
too short to be eating *wrong* toast. and are you doing the K-3 thingy? Eileen

"oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Eileen,
    >
    > Enjoy them, but only in the presence of your husband, if you know what I mean. Love
    > your e-mail address! Where are you in your K-3 process?
    >
    > Ersten

Old May 25th 2002, 9:20 pm
Oyster

Eileen,

Yup, going the K-3 Route. Unfortunately, my file got lost between NVC and Guangzhou
(China), so I have asked GZ to ask NVC to re-email my file. NVC won't re-email my
file just on my request -- it must come from the consulate. I already lost over two
weeks because of this, and I hope I won't lose another two weeks before GZ
acknowledges receipt of my file and establishes a Case Number for my wife, so that
she can fax her paperwork, which she has already completed. If GZ balks, I might have
to get my congressman involved.

Ersten

P.S.: Eat enough oysters and you will find your "pearl". However, of course, you
already did -- your new hubby!