K3 & I-130 Meds & Interview?

Wikiposts

K3 & I-130 Meds & Interview?

Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 & I-130 Meds & Interview?

Hi,

I had my K-3 approved a few weeks ago and finally got the Packet-3. I need to get an additional police report for when I lived in the middle east for a couple of years as a teenager with my folks. Anyway, I'm waiting for that police report, might still be a few weeks.

In the mean time my I-130 was approved. I think the I-130 goes over to the NVC and then the consulate as well - is that correct?

Should I pursue the K3 now that the I-130 is already approved?

If I did do the K-3 interview, medicals etc. Would I need to redo the medicals and interview for the I-130 in a month or so when that comes through to the embassy?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 & I-130 Meds & Interview?

Kevin,

Your post is confusing - if you already have a K3 visa you've already had an interview and medical exam. You can come to the USA and be here while the NVC plays with your wife's I-130 petition, or tell the NVC to forget about the I-130 and adjust status.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by kebuchan
Hi,

I had my K-3 approved a few weeks ago and finally got the Packet-3. I need to get an additional police report for when I lived in the middle east for a couple of years as a teenager with my folks. Anyway, I'm waiting for that police report, might still be a few weeks.

In the mean time my I-130 was approved. I think the I-130 goes over to the NVC and then the consulate as well - is that correct?

Should I pursue the K3 now that the I-130 is already approved?

If I did do the K-3 interview, medicals etc. Would I need to redo the medicals and interview for the I-130 in a month or so when that comes through to the embassy?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Kevin,

Your post is confusing - if you already have a K3 visa you've already had an interview and medical exam. You can come to the USA and be here while the NVC plays with your wife's I-130 petition, or tell the NVC to forget about the I-130 and adjust status.

Regards, JEff
Jeff,

Basically I applied for the I-130 and 129F(K3) a year ago. The K-3 got approved, was sent to the consulate and I got the packet-3. I'm waiting on a police report to send in with the packet-3.

Yesterday the I-130 got approved. It was just an email from the USCIS to say it was approved.

I'm working on the K-3 and once I get the police report stuff I should be able to schedule the interview at the consulate for the K-3.

But if my I-130 is already approved, wouldn't that go to the NVC and to the consulate as well?

Should I follow through with the K-3 process now that my I-130 is approved?

Hope this help clarify..

Thanks,

Kevin
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin,

So your wife has an approved I-129f petition. Why do you call your wife's I-129f petition a K3 visa? It isn't. Anyway...

The I-130 petition will spend several months at the NVC. Some people say 3-6 months, I think 3 is optimistic these days, but it does depend a lot on how quickly one responds to the several mailings that the NVC will send out as it processes the case.

Compare that with the time it will take you to get the K3 visa and factor in how, and how quickly, you'd like to obtain LPR status.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by kebuchan
Jeff,

Basically I applied for the I-130 and 129F(K3) a year ago. The K-3 got approved, was sent to the consulate and I got the packet-3. I'm waiting on a police report to send in with the packet-3.

Yesterday the I-130 got approved. It was just an email from the USCIS to say it was approved.

I'm working on the K-3 and once I get the police report stuff I should be able to schedule the interview at the consulate for the K-3.

But if my I-130 is already approved, wouldn't that go to the NVC and to the consulate as well?

Should I follow through with the K-3 process now that my I-130 is approved?

Hope this help clarify..

Thanks,

Kevin