Reload this Page >

K3 approved...I-130 also approved

Wikiposts

K3 approved...I-130 also approved

Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 approved...I-130 also approved

My I-129F was approved on July 16th. My RFE date was 04/10/04.

Also, my I-130 was approved on June 10th.

At this stage it looks like the I-129F may be slightly faster in order to bring my wife over.

But I have heard that I should use the I-130 process.

Which process should I use ????????
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:23 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 approved...I-130 also approved

Originally posted by neerluck

At this stage it looks like the I-129F may be slightly faster in order to bring my wife over.

Since you have been RFE'ed and MSC/NBC is taking their sweet time to approve Rfe's.. (even "regular"cases!!) I would take the I-130 route if it was you, It might take a little longer.. but it is worth it because once you land in the US you will be a CPR or PR, you won't need to go thru the EAD and AOS hassle.
Congrats!!
.. Lucky Vermonters
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky Vermonters

That's not what they thought at the Battle of Gettysburg- the commanding general, Abner Doubleday (I think) said: "put the Vermonters in front...............
Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same case than you: My I-130 is approved , and my I-129f is about to get approved.
I think that I'm going to do both, just to be safe.
I will keep on with both processes till I can...and if I-130 goes pretty well, then I will keep on with that one. But since the I-130 takes longer, maybe I use the K-3 to enter the US, and then go back for the interview to the consulate.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:35 pm
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

I am doing [b]Both[\b]. My Wife has her K3 Interview in Moscow Aug 24. I guessing the GC Interview will be sometime in Nov. She will fly back for a week or so. It gets us the GC and her a chance to see friends and family.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kud
I am doing [b]Both[\b]. My Wife has her K3 Interview in Moscow Aug 24. I guessing the GC Interview will be sometime in Nov. She will fly back for a week or so. It gets us the GC and her a chance to see friends and family.

I am kind of confused here. When you have a I-130 visa, doesn't the person get fingerprinted at the airport and the greencard sent a few months later ?
Doesn't this happen with the I-129F as well ?

Also, if my wife comes over on the K3, does she have to go back to the Embassy for her greencard or can she go through with it in the US.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point

I am kind of confused here. When you have a I-130 visa, doesn't the person get fingerprinted at the airport and the greencard sent a few months later ?

Also, if my wife comes over on the K3, does she have to go back to the Embassy for her greencard or can she go through with it in the US.
Neerluck,
Once your wife is in the US, she doesn't have to go to the Embassy for her greencard. Just if she wants to do it that way. It seems to be faster in most of the cases. But she can also stay in the US and do AOS (Adjustment of Status).
Read this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=241917
and also all the links listed in this thread. The ones posted by Cindyabs that are very interesting about I-130 and I-129

Also, Kud has very good info on www.visajourney.com
go to forums, and then to Vermont.

Thanks Kud ! That is really good advice ! I've started working on my paperwork.
I have a question for you Kud: do I have to fill the I-864 soon, or just send the fee now when I get the fee bill?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:07 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

neerluck,

I-130 (and I-129f) are not visas. And embassies do not issue green cards.

Yes, a spouse entering on an immigrant visa (IR1 or CR1) will be issued a green card. No, a spouse entering on a non-immigrant visa (K3) will not be issued a green card.

If your wife comes to the US using a K3 visa she has a choice of applying for adjustment of status (from non-immigrant to immigrant) while in the US or of returning to her country and applying for an immigrant visa.

Regards, JEff