K3 approval timeframe

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3 approval timeframe

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes. She would have 6 months to use her immigrant visa, if hers comes through first (if USCIS can't match them up for them to attend the interview together). If Neil's seems to be taking longer than the 6 months she has to use her visa, then yes, she can enter the USA, activate her PR status, then return to the UK to continue waiting with her son.

Rene

There is the option of calling the US Consulate in London and explaining the situation to them and asking if her petition can be delayed until her son's has caught up.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Not to throw another issue at the OP, but there is an add'l detail I thought of. Let's say she does get the I-130 approved relatively soon, goes to her interview in London and gets approved. She then has 6 months to use the CR1 visa before it expires, correct? Is there a possibility that it could take longer than that for her son's I-130 to get approved and sent to London? If so, and given she can't leave her son, is there the possibility the CR1 could expire before she enters the US on it, thus forcing them to start all over again?

Or I assume she could always enter the US on the CR1 to activate it and then return back to the UK to await her son's I-130 approval?
I have called London and asked what would happen if my son's petition isn't approved at the same time as mine and the lady on the phone told me that she was not sure eventhough USCIS told jeff that If we have an EAC number ( NOA1) for neil the Consulate Officer may be able to approve neil as he is a minor ( 12yrs of age ) and although Neil doesn't really have to attend interview in this case he will have to go with me assuming his NOA1 has been issued at the time of my interview. Like i say London could not answer me so i got a code to send an e-mail to a Consular Officer that will confirm what they can do if I get approved and Neil doesn't so im waiting for reply ...BTW at £1.25 per minute i was on the phone for 15 mins and still no answer was given Lets hope the e-mail i sent will bring some good news.

USCIS said to ask to EXPEDITE Neils I-130 to Vermont Service Cemtre to join my one. I know we still might get approved for K3/K4 so fingers crossed it will work out either way

To be honest I am getting all confused ...I did fill out the I-130 for neil a lot the questions are N/A as is the G-325A obviously just info on Neil like DOB...Address..Birth Place ...etc..but the rest dont apply to him so its not a lot of filling in not like mine.

Hoping it goes well and i was wondering if i could fill this forms out online and then send to Jeff for him to sign along with scanned Birth Certs ...Marriage Cert etc....?

Michelle
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
To be honest I am getting all confused ...I did fill out the I-130 for neil a lot the questions are N/A as is the G-325A obviously just info on Neil like DOB...Address..Birth Place ...etc..but the rest dont apply to him so its not a lot of filling in not like mine.
Don't get confused. There is no G-325A required for Neil. Just fill out the I-130, scan it and send it to Jeff however you want to so he can sign it and send in a signed original. Jeff should have photopies of everything he needs except maybe Neil's birth certificate.

Rene