Wikiposts

K3, 1st NOA

Old Apr 4th 2002, 4:35 pm
Philip

Default K3, 1st NOA

Hi,

I just filed the I-130 for the K3 Visa and am wondering how long it's been taking
people to get the official acknowledgement of receipt (I-797) that is used to file
the I-129F in the mail? Is it possible to file this without waiting for that?
Enclose, say, a copy of my I-130 that I filed? I got my delivery confirmation today
and my fear is that it will sit in the mail room (CSC) forever before being
acknowledged with the official I-797.

Thanks! Phil

Old Apr 5th 2002, 9:05 am
Richard Sun

Default Re: K3, 1st NOA

It only takes about 1 - 2 weeks total. I wouldn't sweat it, the wait is for the NOA
#2 for both the I-130 and I-129F portions of the K-3 process.

[email protected] (Philip) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just filed the I-130 for the K3 Visa and am wondering how long it's been taking
    > people to get the official acknowledgement of receipt (I-797) that is used to file
    > the I-129F in the mail? Is it possible to file this without waiting for that?
    > Enclose, say, a copy of my I-130 that I filed? I got my delivery confirmation today
    > and my fear is that it will sit in the mail room (CSC) forever before being
    > acknowledged with the official I-797.
    >
    > Thanks! Phil

Old Apr 5th 2002, 4:50 pm
Richard Sun

I forgot to put up my time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

[email protected] (Philip) wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just filed the I-130 for the K3 Visa and am wondering how long it's been taking
    > people to get the official acknowledgement of receipt (I-797) that is used to file
    > the I-129F in the mail? Is it possible to file this without waiting for that?
    > Enclose, say, a copy of my I-130 that I filed? I got my delivery confirmation today
    > and my fear is that it will sit in the mail room (CSC) forever before being
    > acknowledged with the official I-797.
    >
    > Thanks! Phil

Old Apr 5th 2002, 4:50 pm
Mrpher

[email protected] (Richard Sun) wrote in message
    > It only takes about 1 - 2 weeks total. I wouldn't sweat it, the wait is for the NOA
    > #2 for both the I-130 and I-129F portions of the K-3 process.
    >
    > [email protected] (Philip) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just filed the I-130 for the K3 Visa and am wondering how long it's been taking
    > > people to get the official acknowledgement of receipt (I-797) that is used to
    > > file the I-129F in the mail? Is it possible to file this without waiting for
    > > that? Enclose, say, a copy of my I-130 that I filed? I got my delivery
    > > confirmation today and my fear is that it will sit in the mail room (CSC) forever
    > > before being acknowledged with the official I-797.
    > >
    > > Thanks! Phil

We filed the I-130 at the CSC and it took 20 days to get the I-797 receipt. We also
filed it to go for the K-3 visa. When sending our I-129f we was told to wait until we
got the NOA to send it off. We did and got the whole K-3 process rolling all we was
waiting for the second NOA from the missouri service center when lo and behold our
I-130 got approved....39 days, I never imagined it taking that short a time, the
receipt said 815-825 days to process the I-130. Now all the money and time put into
the K-3 just went down the tube, we was told we could no longer apply for the K-3, to
now wait for notice from the NVC and Montreal to contact us for a spouse immigrant
visa. Not only does my spouse have to pay $280 more for the visa, but also has to
travel 1200 miles for an interview. Doing the K-3 would have been alot easier. No
interview, visa gets mailed, and apply for LRP here in the states. I guess we cant
complain, at least now we deal with places that we can speak with live people instead
of the MSC and the "automated lady"...LOL. Good Luck