k2 visa help

Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:27 am
Essex Girl

helenw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k2 visa help

Hi

I will be applying for a K1 VISA (or rather my better half will start it off!) soon. I have 3 kids who will come with me. Their father gives his permission 100% for us to move to the US (from the UK). My solicitor has recieved a letter from his solicitor saying that he is agreeable pending discusion on visitations. Do I need his solicitor to send another one, as we have discussed the matter and there is no problem, or will a letter to me from the father be enough?

Thanks! I don't want anything to delay anything. Trouble is our two solicitors take such a long time comunicating with each other, I just want to speed it up!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

silent-whispers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k2 visa help

I also have 3 children who will be going to Texas with me.

A letter should be enough for permission to remove jurisdiction from England and Wales, I actually asked my solicitor to arrange this and I received it back just printed out and signed by my ex husband... nothing on it to say it was arranged by my solicitor, if you would like to know how it was worded please message me and I'll let you know.

Originally posted by helenw
Hi

I will be applying for a K1 VISA (or rather my better half will start it off!) soon. I have 3 kids who will come with me. Their father gives his permission 100% for us to move to the US (from the UK). My solicitor has recieved a letter from his solicitor saying that he is agreeable pending discusion on visitations. Do I need his solicitor to send another one, as we have discussed the matter and there is no problem, or will a letter to me from the father be enough?

Thanks! I don't want anything to delay anything. Trouble is our two solicitors take such a long time comunicating with each other, I just want to speed it up!